I Predict That Khabib Will Fight Tony Ferguson In UFC 209.

King Cobra

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/...itle-bout-will-be-announced-soon-ufc-mma-news

So it seems by this article that Khabib had turned down a fight against Jose Aldo for the interim Lightweight title and therefore it will be Aldo vs Ferguson instead for the interim LW title.

This makes no sense. So Holloway will fight Franke Edgar for the Featherweight title? Or is Jose Aldo still Feathweight Champion?

If Aldo beats Ferguson, will he be interim LW and FW champion? Will he fight Conor McGregor? Will the Undertaker come back to wrestle in Wrestlemania? Will it be against John Cena?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHO DOES NOT EXIST!!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!!!!

UFC became a joke lately... that ship is sinking..

good lawd featherweight division has completely died'd lol. No legitimacy to that belt at all now

Aldo ferg vs aldo would be very interesting.

Lol ufc is such a shit show right now

Whole thing is turning into a joke.

Too many rumours to keep up with.

Will listen properly when fights are announced.

Bad match up for Aldo IMO. UFC is a joke anyway, it is all about entertainment, there is little to none sport aspect to it

lol Aldo is something else.

'Someone ducked me. I don't want to name names, but his dad said it was a bad idea'

Well gee whiz Jose, who the fuck ever could you be talking about?

You left out the key words: "According to Aldo..."

Article doesn't say anything about a Jose - Ferguson fight. o_O Eat shit, OP.

Looks to me like Aldo is being used like Khabib was used during Eddie/Conor negotiations.

CgtzblWWsAAjs1M.jpg

Article doesn't say anything about a Jose - Ferguson fight. East shit, OP.
It was heavily implied that it would be Ferg, on account of the fact it'd be an interim LW title fight...and one of the two known options for a LW interim fight ducked because his father said it'd be a bad idea.

You are right though, it wasn't said, by anybody...and the truth is it's probably a lot of fiction. Maybe Dana asked Jose to put the squeeze on Tony/Khabib by saying he was offered the fight.

Article doesn't say anything about a Jose - Ferguson fight. o_O Eat shit, OP.

Go eat your own brain since that is what you have.....Shit for brains.

Obviously Khabib turned down the fight because of his father. Ferguson was going to fight Khabib for the interim Lightweight title in UFC 209.

Not anymore.

So obviously it will be Aldo vs Ferguson for the Lightweight interim title in UFC 209.

Derp.

Go eat your own brain since that is what you have.....Shit for brains.

Obviously Khabib turned down the fight because of his father. Ferguson was going to fight Khabib for the interim Lightweight title in UFC 209.

Not anymore.

So obviously it will be Aldo vs Ferguson for the Lightweight interim title in UFC 209.

Derp.

<5>

It was heavily implied that it would be Ferg, on account of the fact it'd be an interim LW title fight...and one of the two known options for a LW interim fight ducked because his father said it'd be a bad idea.

You are right though, it wasn't said, by anybody...and the truth is it's probably a lot of fiction. Maybe Dana asked Jose to put the squeeze on Tony/Khabib by saying he was offered the fight.

Ferg already said he's not fighting unless he gets a pay raise. No bullshit Aldo-esque speculation about that, Ferg's said it himself.

Ferg already said he's not fighting unless he gets a pay raise. No bullshit Aldo-esque speculation about that, Ferg's said so himself.

You act as though circumstance plays no part in negotiations, which is naive at best.

You act as though circumstance plays no part in negotiations, which is naive at best.

And you're purely speculating. There is no proof of a Ferguson - Aldo fight, yet.
Just Aldo throwing hints that a possible Khabib fight was on the table. Nothing about Ferguson, when Ferg's already negotiating for a Khabib fight, if the pay is right.

And you're purely speculating. There is no proof of a Ferguson - Aldo fight, yet.
Just Aldo throwing hints that a possible Khabib fight was on the table. Nothing about Ferguson, when Ferg's already negotiating for a Khabib fight, if the pay is right.

Yes. I am speculating, just like you when you used Ferguson's demand for a pay-raise to fight Khabib as an indicator of what his requests would be to fight Aldo. See, this is a thread about a topic that has no real hard facts, on a forum meant for discussion, all we can actually do here in this particular thread is speculate.

Is that a bother to you?

Yes. I am speculating, just like you when you used Ferguson's demand for a pay-raise to fight Khabib as an indicator of what his requests would be to fight Aldo. See, this is a thread about a topic that has no real hard facts, on a forum meant for discussion, all we can actually do here in this particular thread is speculate.

Is that a bother to you?

So he's negotiating for a pay raise to fight Khabib.... but he'll fight Aldo instead? Possible, but ridiculous for OP (or you) to suggest that is what's happening. Have we heard Ferg speak on this? or Khabib? No, i'm going by what they said personally. Not trying to deduce whose fighting who by process of elimination. Right now there's zero evidence for a Ferg-Aldo fight, I happened to point that out, does that bother you?

Back