I never found Richard Pryor funny

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've watched a lot of his stuff, and I never understood why most people regard him as the GOAT
For me Dave Chappelle is much funnier (if you haven't watched his new special go check it out)
Hell I enjoy Carlin way more, and I know some people don't consider Carlin a straight up "comedian"
I tried giving Richard Pryor a lot of chances but he's just not that funny, at least to me
Am I the only one here?

If you dont like his standup, give his movies with gene wilder a try.
Start with stir crazy, and See no Evil hear no evil

Last edited:
Him and Gene Wilder are imo the best comedy duo of all time. Stir Crazy, Silver Streak, and see no evil hear no evil off the top of my head.

Bit like Hendrix maybe, people more talented these days but they built on what he did I guess. You need to put them in the context of their peers at the time.

Anyone who doesn’t consider Carlin a comedian is most likely a knucklehead.

Bit like Hendrix maybe, people more talented these days but they built on what he did I guess. You need to put them in the context of their peers at the time.

LOL at people more talented than Hendrix. That dude played the guitar upside down and backwards and RIPPED.

And if you don’t like Pryor, it’s because his comedy is dated. It happens. But there wouldn’t be a Chapelle without Pryor.

I don't like his standup or his movies. They're nothing funny, just over the top idiocy.

I've watched a lot of his stuff, and I never understood why most people regard him as the GOAT
For me Dave Chappelle is much funnier (if you haven't watched his new special go check it out)
Hell I enjoy Carlin way more, and I know some people don't consider Carlin a straight up "comedian"
I tried giving Richard Pryor a lot of chances but he's just not that funny, at least to me
Am I the only one here?

Yes... It’s just you

LOL at people more talented than Hendrix. That dude played the guitar upside down and backwards and RIPPED.

And if you don’t like Pryor, it’s because his comedy is dated. It happens. But there wouldn’t be a Chapelle without Pryor.

Hendrix was a great player no doubt, but yes there are better contemporaries in my opinion. Stevie Ray, Malmsteen, Hell even Knofler is better to me. But that’s a argument that’s opinion based, if you think Hendrix is the GOAT that’s fine by me.

Dude is one of my heroes
tenor.gif

Anyone who doesn’t consider Carlin a comedian is most likely a knucklehead.
I believe I heard Joe Rogan saying that.. he wasn't dissing him or anything but he said he doesn't regard him as such (don't remember the exact quote)

Well, comedy is kind of subjective like music. Everybody has their own opinions on what makes them laugh. And that's fine.

Having said that, this was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. First time I saw it, I was in convulsions on the floor, with tears streaming down my face.

"Don't touch him! Don't touch him.. dooooon't touch him."

I believe I heard Joe Rogan saying that.. he wasn't dissing him or anything but he said he doesn't regard him as such (don't remember the exact quote)
That’s fine, I view JR as a total none comedian unless it’s regarding his “brain fuel” products then he’s hilarious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back