I need opinions on Betagen by EAS.

physicaltherapy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm a complete noob when it comes to supplements. Tried searching but didn't come up with jack.

same stuff as celltech.. lotsa shit on celltech.. search for celltech :D

Just creatine + dextrose.

Cheaper to buy them separately on their own.

Betagen would be good if you were on a calorie restriced diet. That's where the HMB kicks in. If you're on a diet with an ample amount of carbs, you're probably better off going with a different creatine supplement without HMB. Basically the HMB helps prevent muscle loss during a period of restricted calories. A bodybuilder might use it a couple weeks out from a contest when they're dropping calories to burn off the last bit of bodyfat. It's decent for short term use.

Chad Hamilton said:
HMB = Deca according to Mr. Phillips.
So true.

Betagen is just Creatine and HMB with a little flavoring added. HMB is pretty worthless, and if you're going to use creatine, you might as well use the pure stuff and save some money.

bdweezil6998 said:
Betagen would be good if you were on a calorie restriced diet. That's where the HMB kicks in. If you're on a diet with an ample amount of carbs, you're probably better off going with a different creatine supplement without HMB. Basically the HMB helps prevent muscle loss during a period of restricted calories. A bodybuilder might use it a couple weeks out from a contest when they're dropping calories to burn off the last bit of bodyfat. It's decent for short term use.

HMB doesn't work, dude.

Envy said:
So true.

Betagen is just Creatine and HMB with a little flavoring added. HMB is pretty worthless, and if you're going to use creatine, you might as well use the pure stuff and save some money.

How much carryove does creatine have? Meaning when I get off of them,how much will my gains suffer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back