Day Two: Bench
Bench Press 5X5
Skull Crushers 3-4X6-8
Overhead Press (seated, standing, dumbbells or barbells) 3-4X6-8
DB Bench Press 3X8-12

Day Three: Squats
Squats 5X5
Front Squats 3-4X6

I'd like to add abs and biceps to the routine. Where should I put these in?
Is the routine MWF?
Taking the bench for example... how should I go about the 5x5? I max out at 275. So should I do 225x5 for 5 sets, or should I gradually increase the weight?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ballhawkdawk said:
I'm gonna base it off of Carnal's sample routine which is:

Day one: Deadlifts
Deadlifts 5X5
Stiff Legged Deadlifts 3-4X5-8
Bent Over Barbell Rows 4X6
Shrugs 3-4X6-12

Day Two: Bench
Bench Press 5X5
Skull Crushers 3-4X6-8
Overhead Press (seated, standing, dumbbells or barbells) 3-4X6-8
DB Bench Press 3X8-12

Day Three: Squats
Squats 5X5
Front Squats 3-4X6

I'd like to add abs and biceps to the routine. Where should I put these in?
Is the routine MWF?
Taking the bench for example... how should I go about the 5x5? I max out at 275. So should I do 225x5 for 5 sets, or should I gradually increase the weight?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
1) you probably don't need curls. but since you're not going to fucking listen to me, curl once a week (use a thickbar) and curl heavy. Preacher curls have the reputation of best isolating and targeting the biceps, but standing cheat curls probably have the best carryover to anything athletic. as far as abs, tack on one ab exercise at the end of each worktout, call it done. If you've read the stickies, you've probably spent some time on my website, I list a number of good abdominal exercises there.
2) yes, it's MWF
C) 5x5 article : http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=627517

Shouldn't stiff leg deadlifts be done on leg day since it works the hamstrings mainly?

1..Bench work, do something like 185-210-235-215-245pds. Since you don't want to max out.
2..Alternate Stiff legged and Regular deads, every other workout.
3..Do extra Hamstring on leg day..do Glute Ham raises..here is the link, its on the bottom of the page
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459875

4..It would not hurt to throw in a Thick DB curl, like Urban said too..Wrist curl too..

Big thanks to both Urban and Duncon, and thanks for the article too, Urban. I'm gonna take this advice and try to formulate some sort of set routine. Also, Urban...you're right about bicep training. I just don't see the point in neglecting a muscle group just because they're perceived as showy and not as useful as other muscles. I plan to incorporate toe raises on the squat day too.

Any advice on which day I should throw in the bicep/wrist curls?

Fuck toe raises... want a calf exercise? go drag a sled, push a car, or carry sandbag and sprint up a hill.

I'm trying to keep the training in the weight room. I know that may be a pussified way of doing things, but it's free and convenient.

Sprint up a Treadmill, then go jump some rope, then 1 legged toe raises.
Do Biceps on chest day. Wrist work on leg day

Back