I miss the old Jon Jones

Competition got taller
I do think that has something to do with it and if Reyes can move like he did and throw the same combos AND he had Jones' reach, we would have a different fight.

Fuck up his opponent Jon Jones

giphy.gif
You mean the Jones on roids?

I think he’ll get back to it. But to be honest he’s had a shit ton of wars recently. A rest isn’t a bad idea

Rest isn't a bad idea? What do you think those 2 to 3 year suspensions were? He's had about 2 suspensions already. Dude's had enough rest, the competition is catching up, and he's just not getting away with being rangy and going for a few takedowns here and there nowadays.

Old Jon Jones might look more exciting, but the competition is here now, he clearly can't afford to take risks, and he really doesn't have to, he's nowhere close to losing his title unless he gets stiffed because he's mastered Octagon Control and winning on points with TD's.

Jones doesn't need to do shit, he's coasting towards setting a record with these decisions alone.

Bottle of rum is empty

Never thought i'd make it here tonight

Maybe. Why was the second fight with Gus so decisive if he’s declining?
Gus is no longer the fighter he once was, which prompted his retirement.. Jones beat him, then Smith subbed him.

In regards to Jones, I'm hardly saying he's completely washed, the lad is still elite.. however you can't deny he's looking ever more beatable.. which would suggest a decline.

I think he’ll get back to it. But to be honest he’s had a shit ton of wars recently. A rest isn’t a bad idea
Oh yeah. His last 3 fights were bangers.

the dude hasn’t had a fun fight since pulsing.

Something made him become more timid. Perhaps it was Thiago taking it to him aggressively and not being able to do much in return. Perhaps it's taking some humbling moments in training. Who knows.

When he was wrecking everyone, it was like the thought of him losing or getting wobbled was nonexistent.

He’s a point fighter now.

Someone needs to get to him mentally so he takes more risks and either finishes or gets finished
Someone needs to? He at the point he can do what he wants, he no longer needs the adoration. He could "win" his next 10 fights controversially and still make outrageous cash and command an absurd following. I wanna see him flatlined as much as the next but he playing ths game right

A lot of fighters after reaching the top, they play it safe the rest of their career. Also the competition get's better and you can't afford to get flashy anymore.
Agree with fighters playing it safe as time goes on to protect themselves but fighters getting better? Lol. I’m not a Jones fan but he may be the only fighter that looks different above 200 pounds that we’ve seen since 2003, and he’s tested positive twice so not sure we can even count him. The lighter divisions you could clearly see evolved past 03 up until 2010 or so. But that’s it. That was the peak. Everything else is propaganda. Of course the fighters will learn different things but they will lose some things as well. Mark Hunt is just one example of a fighter over 200 pounds coming to the UFC way past his prime during this ‘new breed’ era and honestly that era was shattered like 10 years ago so what are we in now the 2020 era where we’re assuming that the fighters are just getting better? Based off what? I tell you what let’s raise enough money to bring Mark Hunt back to the UFC and there’s no question he’d beat half the top 10 fighters. I’d only pick dc and stipe against him. Hunt was a top 10 HW in 2005 and also 2018. He was better back in 05. Let that sink in.

Someone needs to? He at the point he can do what he wants, he no longer needs the adoration. He could "win" his next 10 fights controversially and still make outrageous cash and command an absurd following. I wanna see him flatlined as much as the next but he playing ths game right
Someone means a rival. Someone needs to get in his head. Israel has already started doing it,he can build it up to a level where emotions get the best of Jones. But he’s a MW who is about to face Romero.
I don’t see anyone in LHW becoming a major rival to point fighting Jones

Last 2 opponents would have knocked him out if he opened up

Fuck up his opponent Jon Jones

giphy.gif
the old jones was fully on the juice. with usada he has to be more careful and his performance is suffering. it shows he would be good clean but not great and lols at goat.

I miss the old Jon Jones, straight from the go Jon Jones
The mean hellbows Jon Jones, set on the gold Jon Jones
I hate the new Jon Jones, sit back and cruise Jon Jones
No longer rude Jon Jones, out of the news Jon Jones

The old Jon Jones was finishing because he was fighting broken down or half-assed challengers old fighters
  • Shogun off a 3rd knee surgery after having looked shit against wrestlers/grapplers in the UFC
  • Rampage deep into the "Please don't wrestle me" phase of his career
  • Lyoto on short notice and with no relevant wins in the previous 2 years
  • Vitor with no cage experience against 205ers for half a decade
  • Chael lol

Back