I Lost...

PutDaCream

NO BELT
Reaction score
My first MMA fight ended with a lost (TKO strikes from the guard). I thought i was fighting a striker, but the guy is not only the national Thai-boxing champ. He is also the submission champ... What a mix to go against in my first fight. I took him down, i mounted him, but when i was about to GNP to make him open for submissions he made the turnover and... no comments.
But i'm ok and ready for the next one.

0-1-0, for now...

Hold your head up high. I never would have the balls to fight in an mma fight. Sounds like did ok(full mount?). Its awesome your gunna keep at it. Good luck with future fights.

Dave321 said:
Hold your head up high. I never would have the balls to fight in an mma fight. Sounds like did ok(full mount?). Its awesome your gunna keep at it. Good luck with future fights.

Yes, i was able to get the full mount, but couldn't hold it.

Did he roll like the igor v nak fight. Were nak did all those awesome sweeps?
And by the way are you hurt or anything. Because as long as he didnt ruin your face no big deal :redface: lol.

Dave321 said:
Did he roll like the igor v nak fight. Were nak did all those awesome sweeps?

didn't saw that fight, sorry. all i can say is that today my head is a little bigger...ouch!!!

lol, it was a real nice sweep. If you dont have the hl of that even i could probably send it to you. It was truly amazing event.
shit sorry i dont have it currently, ill get it later if you want. IM going to sleep now though.

Hang in there. I'm a firm believer that you learn much more from your losses than your wins, so it can only make you a better fighter.

Thanks man.
You know, i must be nuts. My fight ended 4 hours ago, and I'm here at the computer. I must be an addict.

Hey, don't worry about your record. It'll only mess with you. Why care about your record? Unless you're Fedor, there will always be tougher guys to fight, so if your record is outstanding, it means you're not fighting the toughest competition out there.

Just give your all in every fight. Tell yourself that you're going to win, but if in the course of the fight, you have the slightest doubt, be confident that either way, you are going to be one tough S.O.B. and give your oppoenent the biggest war he has ever had. That's what people like to see, and that's what will gain you respect.

Remember, it's easy to be a man when everything's going great, you win your fight, and you feel like the whole world's on your side. But what makes a man is when you're down in the dumps, you lost, and you feel like crap, and you pick yourself back up and go back to the drawing board.

Good luck with your next fight. I recommend videotaping them. Use every loss as a learning experience. Watch what you did wrong, and improve that. And remember to have fun, because hey, we're all just a bunch of wackos whose idea of a fun night is beating the hell out of each other. Real fight fans won't care if you win or lose, they just want to see a good fight.

satchmo said:
Hang in there. I'm a firm believer that you learn much more from your losses than your wins, so it can only make you a better fighter.

You're right. I entered the ring very nervous, because it was the first time, and i was afraid of getting punched (never had). As soon i saw that i could handle the punches in the face, i calmed down.
I'm shure that the next one i will be more calm. And i also learned that i need to train GNP.

Iceman5592 said:
But what makes a man is when you're down in the dumps, you lost, and you feel like crap, and you pick yourself back up and go back to the drawing board.

I don't feel crap. In fact, I'm happy. You know, i got a friend who sais "to punch someone is easy, anyone can do it. the hard part is getting punched"

That's why I'm happy. I know I've been there with a good striker, he punched me in the face many times and i didn't panic. It's good to know you can take a beating.

Shame on your not, but good experience it sounded regardless, not many would do what you had done. Congrats is in order no matter the outcome.

keep your head up keep training and youl do better next time.

Shogun lost his first fight too. Just use it as a motivator and train harder than ever to never make any of the same mistakes. Best of luck in your future man.

how could you show you face in here? loser!

just kidding man sorry about loss but as long as you gave it 110% you should be proud of yourself

but seriously if you quit with a 0-1 record that would be pretty weak especialy if it shows up on the fight finder so you better not quit!

if you get to 0-3 or 4 though you might want to give it up

Dont even sweat it bro. Just use this to motivate yourself for your next fight. Just like the old saying goes, "sometimes you get more from a loss than you get from a win".

Dont quit bro

Back