I Lost...

you should have listen to me about the he killed your parents stuff bro wtf?

Shit that sucks, I would have mentioned on the other thread but didn't want you to get nervous. 99% of promoters are shit and will do that to a guy, and you also need a good coach to manage your fights.

Maybe get some ammy fights under your belt, more striking training, and ground and pound.

There's no reason a guy with no experience should fight a Muay Thai champ with ground training.

Work lots of open guard, blocking strikes from your back to set up subs, striking from your back ect.. Try to get a tape of the fight so you can see what you need to improve on. If you can find a good ground guy (BJJ black belt) who is an excellent striker that type of person will help you tons.. A guy who knows the standup and is comfortable on the ground will from his back be better at applying strikes, blocks, passing of the punch, using strikes to set up submissions ect.. than a pure ground guy..

Atleast you got in there and went for it. Next time make sure you are ready, and get lots of information about your opponent because you can't trust the promoter for shit. Either get really good at managing your own fights or get a good manager/coach to help you out.

FiendishOne said:
Shit that sucks, I would have mentioned on the other thread but didn't want you to get nervous. 99% of promoters are shit and will do that to a guy, and you also need a good coach to manage your fights.

Maybe get some ammy fights under your belt, more striking training, and ground and pound.

There's no reason a guy with no experience should fight a Muay Thai champ with ground training.

You're right. I felt like i was playing the CAN role....

That sounds like shit matchmaking from the promotor.. which event was it?

You got my respect for fighting MMA.

You need to practice holding onto the mount!

What is the name of the guy you fought with? BTW, don't quit!

Iceman5592 said:
Hey, don't worry about your record. It'll only mess with you. Why care about your record? Unless you're Fedor, there will always be tougher guys to fight, so if your record is outstanding, it means you're not fighting the toughest competition out there.

Just give your all in every fight. Tell yourself that you're going to win, but if in the course of the fight, you have the slightest doubt, be confident that either way, you are going to be one tough S.O.B. and give your oppoenent the biggest war he has ever had. That's what people like to see, and that's what will gain you respect.

Remember, it's easy to be a man when everything's going great, you win your fight, and you feel like the whole world's on your side. But what makes a man is when you're down in the dumps, you lost, and you feel like crap, and you pick yourself back up and go back to the drawing board.

Good luck with your next fight. I recommend videotaping them. Use every loss as a learning experience. Watch what you did wrong, and improve that. And remember to have fun, because hey, we're all just a bunch of wackos whose idea of a fun night is beating the hell out of each other. Real fight fans won't care if you win or lose, they just want to see a good fight.

some awesome advice-

win or lose it don't matter

Wow man atleast you were able to do it. You're courage and bravura is well respected.

Hasta siempre!

just keep training and keep in mind that all of the best have lost. and they are still greats.

jw but how did he TKO you from strikes in the guard? did he daze you pretty well with one of his shots and then he just kept on pounding?

flyingknee16 said:
jw but how did he TKO you from strikes in the guard? did he daze you pretty well with one of his shots and then he just kept on pounding?

He gave me many shots, but i thought i was OK. Then we ended near the ropes and the ref made us stand up. That's when i start feeling dizzy. The ref saw me making the fish-dance and ended it.
BTW, talking about your signature, double G5 here! :D

Good experience. Now you know where you stand.

PutDaCream said:
He gave me many shots, but i thought i was OK. Then we ended near the ropes and the ref made us stand up. That's when i start feeling dizzy. The ref saw me making the fish-dance and ended it.
BTW, talking about your signature, double G5 here! :D

Well, Keep at it man! Sounds like your tuff

laquintofox said:
just keep training and keep in mind that all of the best have lost. and they are still greats.

Very true. I was thinking about any great fighters & their records. All the best have lost, your right:

Silva, Royce, Couture, Liddell, Rua's etc.

Back