I just rewatched Weidman vs Rockhold again

So how long are we gonna pretend Luke didn't fight like an idiot and every single fighter in top 10 would have knocked him out that night?

Depends. How long are we going to pretend getting knocked out by MICHAEL FREAKING BISPING is remotely excusable? Rockhold's career is over. I'll be shocked if he recovers with glass for a chin. Reminds me of when Yves Edwards got KO"d by Sam Stout; his career was essentially over at that point.

So how long are we gonna pretend Luke didn't fight like an idiot and every single fighter in top 10 would have knocked him out that night?

Watch the lead up to the finish. Luke landed a nice jab and he still got countered perfectly to the body/head. He kept the fight where he was most comfortable and where he thought he had the clear advantage (standing) until he didn't.

Depends. How long are we going to pretend getting knocked out by MICHAEL FREAKING BISPING is remotely excusable? Rockhold's career is over. I'll be shocked if he recovers with glass for a chin. Reminds me of when Yves Edwards got KO"d by Sam Stout; his career was essentially over at that point.

bisping dropped Anderson

Dropped cung le (not known for having a weak chin at all)

Dropped Luke

How about we actually start accepting bisping has changed up his shots, sitting down more, and finding power he didn't have

bisping dropped Anderson

Dropped cung le (not known for having a weak chin at all)

Dropped Luke

How about we actually start accepting bisping has changed up his shots, sitting down more, and finding power he didn't have

If he's able to drop you, you're not very good. Cung Le was coming off YEARS of a layoff, Silva got KO'd and dropped by sloppy Weidman. Let's not be revisionist and pretend Bisping is something special. He should always be remembered for his cowardly UFC 100 performance against Hendo, where he ran for his life. His fight-or-flight response is flight.

If he's able to drop you, you're not very good. Cung Le was coming off YEARS of a layoff, Silva got KO'd and dropped by sloppy Weidman. Let's not be revisionist and pretend Bisping is something special. He should always be remembered for his cowardly UFC 100 performance against Hendo, where he ran for his life. His fight-or-flight response is flight.

nah

he wont

so you are of the opinion that cung le, Anderson and rockhold are, in fact, just not very good?

So does that leave like maybe romero that is? given that between Anderson and roockhold they have beaten pretty much everyone in the top 10 at some point?

It is a fight, so Weidman could of course beat Rockhold if they fight again, but it is very unlikely. It was pretty onesided, And Luke even dominated the grappling, Where Weidman was supposed to be stronger.

I'd pick Bisping vs Weidman too. The new Weidman that lost 20 lbs of muscle is not the same guy that was champ.

Rockhold will be a favourite vs Bisping, but we saw what happened last time, so Id make a small bet on Bisping.

Cung Le was juiced to the gills and he kicks in his sleep. It's not like he forgot how to strike after a year.

Bisping is the only one that actually stood and traded with Silva and did damage over the course of 5 rounds.

Bisping's boxing has improved leaps and bounds over the years. Deal with it.

Not arguing with that. Just don't act like Luke wouldn't beat Bisping with ease if he fights smart.

Watch the lead up to the finish. Luke landed a nice jab and he still got countered perfectly to the body/head. He kept the fight where he was most comfortable and where he thought he had the clear advantage (standing) until he didn't.
No.
Luke kept the fight on the feet because for some unknown reason he decided he is most comfortable there. He wanted to get a knockout which is pretty ridiculous coming from him. He was overextending,leaving himself open,it was hard to watch,he was fighting like a moron. That wasn't a nice jab,it was horribly set up. He never had advantage on the feet against Bisping,his boxing is ass. But even so,he could have made it work like in the first fight until he gets him on the ground and beats him up. He was stupid and didn't want to do that.
Thats why he lost.

Bisping got incredibly lucky. He beat old,off the roids Silva (barely beat him). He acted like it was the best win ever,while just before that talked how Weidman's win over Silva doesn't count because he was old.

Then Mike won the title against cocky Luke who was momentarily delusional thinking he has better boxing.

How he some how gets to cherry pick his opponent,the one who he has the best chance of beating and explain his ducking with revenge seeking. That after,a year before,Bisping said he is not interested in a rematch with Hendo because he is old and sloppy.

He might beat Hendo,he probably will.
But he can't beat Weidman. He can't beat Luke again. And not Jacare,not Romero and probably not the rest of the top 10. He is just not that good.
{<shrug}

Last edited:
Do you have any idea what you are actually watching? That "nice jab" was really a horrible punch. Luke overextended so much that he was out of balance and position as he had landed that glancing blow. Then he tried to back up in a straight line with his hands down. Bisping capitalized.

I don't think Rockhold would make the same mistake again and he would be the rightful favourite to win if they fought again.

It is a fight, so Weidman could of course beat Rockhold if they fight again, but it is very unlikely. It was pretty onesided, And Luke even dominated the grappling, Where Weidman was supposed to be stronger.

I'd pick Bisping vs Weidman too. The new Weidman that lost 20 lbs of muscle is not the same guy that was champ.

Rockhold will be a favourite vs Bisping, but we saw what happened last time, so Id make a small bet on Bisping.
Completely agree. The Weidman that battered Munoz, Machida & Silva was a tank. Against Rockhold, sure Rockhold is very strong, but Weidman looked feeble.

Weidman
Not arguing with that. Just don't act like Luke wouldn't beat Bisping with ease if he fights smart.

Luke kept the fight on the feet because for some unknown reason he decided he is most comfortable there. He wanted to get a knockout which is pretty ridiculous coming from him. He was overextending,leaving himself open,it was hard to watch,he was fighting like a moron. He never had advantage on the feet against Bisping,his boxing is ass. But even so,he could have made it work like in the first fight until he gets him in the ground and beats him up. He was stupid and didn't want to do that.
Thats why he lost.

Bisping got incredibly lucky. He beat old,off the roids Silva (barely beat him). He acted like it was the best win ever,while just before that talked how Weidman's win over Silva doesn't count because he was old.

Then Mike won the title against cocky Luke who was momentarily delusional thinking he has better boxing.

How he some how gets to cherry pick his opponent,the one who he has the best chance of beating and explaining his ducking with revenge seeking. That after,a year before,Bisping said he is not interested in a rematch with Hendo because he is old and sloppy.

He might beat Hendo,he probably will.
But he can't beat Weidman. He can't beat Luke again. And not Jacare,not Romero and probably not the rest of the top 10. He is just not that good.
{<shrug}

Weidman can't beat anybody that matches his size and or strength. He didn't have that issue until he faced Rockhold. That's why he'll likely lose to Yoel, Jacare etc as well.

Anybody that can stand with Silva for 5 rounds without trying to clinch, grapple, or shoot for takedowns the majority of the fight and come out standing has my respect even if it's a 40 year old Silva way past his prime. To get the better in a lot of the exchanges shows he's a legit striker.

Luke didn't get dropped because he was cocky he got dropped because Bisping landed the perfect counter. You even admitted Bisping has better boxing. Yet you're saying there's no way Bisping wins again? I'm just saying I like Bisping's chances to touch up Luke's chin again in a rematch.

Do you have any idea what you are actually watching? That "nice jab" was really a horrible punch. Luke overextended so much that he was out of balance and position as he had landed that glancing blow. Then he tried to back up in a straight line with his hands down. Bisping capitalized.

I don't think Rockhold would make the same mistake again and he would be the rightful favourite to win if they fought again.

Too cocky, overconfident, overextended, off balance, out of position, backed up in straight line, caught with hands down.

Didn't you co-author Bigg Riggs big book of excuses? Let me get a signed copy when you publish Luke's.

You guys are forgetting Woodman's serious neck injury. Necks do not heal easily without HGH or something to really regenerate cells. He has talked about how he can't train some things nearly as hard as he used to. You guys still think he is going to be the same fighter? I think he is deluding himself.

Too cocky, overconfident, overextended, off balance, out of position, backed up in straight line, caught with hands down.

Didn't you co-author Bigg Riggs big book of excuses? Let me get a signed copy when you publish Luke's.
I'm not defending Luke. I was happy to see him knocked out after he fought that way. I'm simply observing what happened in that exchange that lead to the finish.

I'm sure you know the difference.

Back