I just rewatched Weidman vs Rockhold again

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Willek, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Willek

Willek Yellow Card Yellow Card

Looks like Weidman pissed his pants when he felt Rockhold's core strength when trying to take his back in the first round and the "grappling prodigy" wanted none of that. I also have to laugh at how Rockhold is sometimes called a "lanky surfer dude" when the guy has physically transformed into a beast since coming into the UFC.

I know Bisping has a win over Rockhold already, but I have a feeling Bisping beats Weidman if they ever meet but Rockhold probably beats him up like the first fight.

Goodfella86, Haj01 and TheIrishPsycho like this.
  2. Bingo

Bingo Orange Belt

Na I reckon Weidman beats bisping easily. Mabye even anyone not named Luke rockhold

Striker Fox, Alanf7 and Clear Winner like this.
  3. Davey Crockett

Davey Crockett Mane, Firmino, Salah Double Yellow Card

I too thought Rockhold would end up being a rangey striker, probably susceptible to a strong wrestler. Never expected him to be a monster at grappling, I guess that's training with DC and Cain for you.

Striker Fox likes this.
  4. tc300

tc300 Green Belt

Luke was looking very very good after coming to ufc... bisping stopped his hype train tho!!

Striker Fox likes this.
  5. Hitdepruns

Hitdepruns White Belt

Weidman needs to keep it simple, and he got too fancy with that kick. My feeling is that deep into waters Weidman has some chances... but well... let,s see what kind of Weidman emerge from defeat. I,m sure Luke and Chris will fight again for the title. I hope so.

Striker Fox likes this.
  6. ArtOfDrowning

ArtOfDrowning Lecter Belt

I remember Weidman eating so many body kicks. Also Weidman's striking looks so awful. He landed almost nothing in second round and third also. He is much slower on the feet compare to Luke.

Only success Weidman had was grappling and even then Luke was defending well. If they ever fight again Weidman has to finish that fight inside 2 rounds or Luke will finish him in later rounds.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  7. weaselkenievil

weaselkenievil Blue Belt

I too wasn't impressed with Weidman that night, especially after being hailed as the second coming. That said, certainly not counting out Weidman, he is legit (just not the goat as was being claimed after he beat AS). I'd pick Rockhold in a rematch but personally I think both would beat Bisping, and I'd be hugely behind Bisping.

Striker Fox and Davey Crockett like this.
  8. WhiteMousse

WhiteMousse Brown Belt

He landed a shot to Rockhold's face in the 3rd that knocked him down.

Zarra likes this.
  9. Codpiece

Codpiece Not afraid to care

Funny, I remeber Weidman landing quite a few bodykicks in the third and having some success with that. Need to watch again, maybe.

Zarra likes this.
  10. Ministrike

Ministrike #JoannaBless

Luke is legit, I honestly think he would beat Bisping in a rematch although i'd be rooting for Bisping.
    Weidman is trying to talk himself into a fight with Bisping, but I kinda agree with Luke on his views of "Weidman is a product of good timing" thing, I'd actually take Bisping.
    Luke is #1 and I see him been back on top shortly and perhaps less arrogant and fighting with better IQ in the future.

11. Johnny Rosa

Johnny Rosa Banned Banned

Former world champions and no2 contestants (with prob the no1 skillset) are hypetrains nowaday?

Zarra likes this.
  12. Squintz

Squintz Red Belt

Bisping beats both Rockhold (again) and Weidman. Rockhold will get dropped again by Bisping's hands and Weidman would have trouble with Bisping standing as well and I don't think his cardio can hang at the same pace for 5 rounds.

I think people underestimate Bisping and think his win was a fluke. I hate him but he's legit the best boxer at MW and his striking and combos are on point.

With all that said I won't be surprised if Hendo wins which will be great and a shame cause Bisping won't be able to get the respect he deserves by defending the belt against a true contender.

Slim185 likes this.
  13. MikeHolmes

MikeHolmes Green Belt

Weidman should be embarrassed that he got destroyed by someone who got knocked out by the Mediocre Count. Weidman should be thinking "Bisping knocked this guy out? All I would have had to do was breathe on Luke with my fists rather than devoting energy to takedown attempts and sloppy kicks"

14. Zarra

Zarra Red Belt

[​IMG]

BC, WhiteMousse and Tchernobog like this.
  15. tenniswhiz

tenniswhiz Steel Belt

It's not just the kick.

Nobody should look that horrible after being taken down.
    That was the first time we've seen Weidman on his back in a fight. Maybe he even thought it impossible that anyone would take him down and didn't prepare for it.
    He started with a shallow guard which Luke passed easily, to mount. He didn't move at all, he just covered up and got beaten into a bloody mess.

16. 2 of the 3 judges scored the first round to Rockhold and I agreed with them.

ArtOfDrowning likes this.
  17. green giant

green giant Honor still means something................

Chris will beat luke, mark my words.

Fadetoblack918 and Zarra like this.
  18. Zarra

Zarra Red Belt

So how long are we gonna pretend Luke didn't fight like an idiot and every single fighter in top 10 would have knocked him out that night?

BC and WhiteMousse like this.
  19. theantso

theantso Green Belt

"I just rewatched XXX" Okay good for you. lol if everyone made these topics whenever they rewatched a fight..it´d get flooded

SmilinDesperado likes this.
  20. Slim185

Slim185 Yellow Belt

bisping wrecks them both

as per the script

bisping - middleweight GOAT

FACT

BUDDEH