• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I just learned that Achilles and The Spartans were gay

Yes, as in the Name "gay", homosexuals are more open to do stuff cause they operate on a higher level of conciousness due to teenager struggles.

I guess he was single and ready to mingle, lol

Anyway, they were not just friends: Best friends, cousins, childhood companions and comrades in arms. Achilles knew he was going to die at Troy himself, so it kind of makes sense to be buried with his closest companion. You COULD definitely read their relationship as romantic, but there are nothing explicitly so in the text.
Yeah, he just wanted to platonically mix his aches with another dudes so they could be infused with each other for eternity.

They were just suuuper good friends.
<LikeReally5>

Yeah, he just wanted to platonically mix his aches with another dudes so they could be infused with each other for eternity.

They were just suuuper good friends.
<LikeReally5>

He also abandoned the entire army, the Greek cause and his friends because the general took away his girlfriend. That was the whole reason Patroclus got killed and the event that sparks the action of the Iliad. The source material is vague, you can read the character in several ways - and that's part of the fun.

I've read the Iliad and there is no mention of Achilles being gay within it: Homer never states that the relationship between Patroclus and Achilles is romantic - the whole reason Achilles becomes angry at Agamemnon is over a girl. However, other Greek author's in the ancient world apparently wrote them as lovers.
Agreed - but Achilles response to Patroclus' death and the sharing of armor is likely what led to the relationship being questioned later on.

Anything past Homer is fan-fiction written hundreds of years after Homer who was retelling a 400 year old tale.

But with that said there were other books about the Trojan war that were lost and we only know about them from their derivative works. There maybe a lot going on we're not aware of.

A roman poet wrote the Achilleid where Achilles was a cross dresser for much of his childhood and pretended to be a girl. Well, till he knocked a chick up.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achilleid

It's a shame that poem wasn't completed as it would have been nice to have the accepted cannon for his life.

Last edited:
From what I understand, they saw women as subhuman. You fucked women to procreate, but your "romantic" relationship was saved for your brother in arms. Though our view of love and relationships has changed immensely in the last 500-1,000 years let alone the last 2,000-3,000 years.

Imagine a culture that idolizes masculinity to the most extreme degree. So homo.

Well the early Olympic Games in Greece were nude...Wrestling, Running, Javelin, Long Jump....that’s a pretty gay start. With all the gay and pedo shit, is it possible the women were all Nasty? I only know 1 Greek actress, and um.....dam...
5A6CC37A-7581-4F52-A38B-3C9006DA381D.jpeg

Last edited:
Well the early Olympic Games in Greece were nude...Wrestling, Running, Jabelin, Long Jump....that’s a pretty gay start. With all the gay and pedo shit, is it possible the women were all Nasty? I only know 1 Greek actress, and um.....dam...
View attachment 901118

This Jabelin you speak of, it sounds more like a Sherdogger event?

This is the gayest thread in the past several hours, and that's saying a lot for this place.

I bet Achilles was a bottom too now that I've thought about it

7a5d3ac1668039b6b206b76180b6db924929bc18.gif

Back