I just had to euthanise my fish

TankAbbott4Eva

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Our goldfish Tigie of 4 years had swollen up a lot in the last few weeks and was clearly on his last legs... er fins.

Anyway, my wife works at an environmental consulting company (ie greenies) and they suggested we finish the job. The most humane way they said was to put Tigie in a plastic bag and smash it against the bricks!

I had about 5 mins before my son got home yesterday and i wanted to do the deed before he got there. So i quickly got Tigie out, into the bag, went outside near the bin and smashed him against the bricks. This felt fucking brutal to be honest, I did not enjoy this at all.

Anyway just wanted to get this off my chest. Speaking of chests, have some Salma

giphy.gif

It sucks losing a pet. Sorry man.

R.I.P. fishy

I had a friend who I used to fish with. Whenever he would catch one he would grab it by the tail upside down and slam the top of its head into the ground. Seemed cruel but i guess it's quick and painless

The most humane way to kill your fish was smashing it into a brick wall?

Not to shit on your while you're down, but a goldfish can live well past ten years if you take care of it.

Sorry about your pet. Seams like a bad way to finish him off.

Maybe run a hose from the car exhaust to his fish bowl might have been better. However the neighbors might have called the cops on you.

Not to shit on your while you're down, but a goldfish can live well past ten years if you take care of it.
This is true. Those fuckers will kill any other fish in a tank, and will live in the most harsh conditions. I hate Gold fish.

By euthanise, you mean flush down the toliet?

Yeah that's what I thought people usually did, but it could still live in the water I guess. I dunno, the brick wall was what the "experts" suggested.

I've never had one last this long tbh. Deontay, Fedor and Bam Bam have all met untimely ends at one point or another.

And yeah it seemed brutal to me, like I said these enviro "experts" reckoned that was the best thing. Would have been immediate but made me feel like a cunt!

Yeah that's what I thought people usually did, but it could still live in the water I guess. I dunno, the brick wall was what the "experts" suggested.

I've never had one last this long tbh. Deontay, Fedor and Bam Bam have all met untimely ends at one point or another.

And yeah it seemed brutal to me, like I said these enviro "experts" reckoned that was the best thing. Would have been immediate but made me feel like a cunt!
We had a gold fish that lived for 5 years in a tank that we stopped cleaning, and feeding the damn thing. It was our sons job, and we were just hoping it would die, but it didn't for 5 years with no food! It basicly ate the Algea that formed in the tank. The air pump still worked, but we stopped changing the filter after year one.

Last edited:
The most humane way is set them in a mixture that contains 1 tbsp of baking soda to a cup of water.

Our goldfish Tigie of 4 years had swollen up a lot in the last few weeks and was clearly on his last legs... er fins.

Anyway, my wife works at an environmental consulting company (ie greenies) and they suggested we finish the job. The most humane way they said was to put Tigie in a plastic bag and smash it against the bricks!

I had about 5 mins before my son got home yesterday and i wanted to do the deed before he got there. So i quickly got Tigie out, into the bag, went outside near the bin and smashed him against the bricks. This felt fucking brutal to be honest, I did not enjoy this at all.

Anyway just wanted to get this off my chest. Speaking of chests, have some Salma

giphy.gif

I read that as "I enthused my fish" and though "Wow what a nice gentleman/lady going above and beyond to entertain the fish even". Then I read it correctly. So you wife working for an environmental consulting company and of course those being known for how often they deal with swollen goldfish, they had all the expertise to consult you on this work?! Huh? What?! I can't tell if you're trying to enthuse me or what.

Sorry for your loss.

If you have to do that again, the best way is to put some drops of clove oil in a dish of water. Clove oil works as an anesthesia as fish. They'll turn belly up, then you sever the spinal column quickly.

By euthanise, you mean flush down the toliet?

Never do that. You run the risk of spreading disease from your tank to the natural waterways.

Sorry about the loss your fish, I'm certain Tigie's demise was quick.

Sherbros are physically and mentally capable of extremely fast & violent finishes.

giphy.gif
What the fuck? You smashed it with a brick? What the hell dawg, that seems kind of wild. I’m pretty sure Jeffrey dahlmer did that

Back