I just bet my life savings on Dustin Poirer {slip included}

Don't @ me

I cannot picture a scenario in which Conrat beats dP.
DP is not the same FW as the last matchup.
He is experienced, battle tested, motivated and has actually won credible fights in the last 3 years.
Ignoring the Cerrone work, Conor has only been made to look stupid since 12th November, 2016.
Let that sink in.
Over four years since he has had a legitimate Win.
Since then DP has fought and beat Miller, JG, Pettis, Eddie, Max and Hooker.
And looked alright against The GOAT.

A mature, composed DP shrugs off Conor's bullshit power and subs him via RNC or guillotine in the third.

Slip:

View attachment 825695
I really hope u win..... and u do bring up great points. Conor hasnt even had to cut weight since Alvarez fight ( outside quitting agsinst bhibster). Hes gotten to fight fellow lightweights ( " gimme s") while not having to cut weight and call it a " welterweight " fight. Conor should not be the significant favorite that he is. It's an overlay for sure. However, Conor should still be favored but by a lot less as Dustin has closed the gap between the 2. I dont know who's winning but I hope you collect - God , I hope u collect. Dustin needs to come into this - on point- between the ears. This half the battle.

All this thickness to Conors frame could lead to his undoing.Lactic acid build up can be a bitch ..... especially to someone who has no problem taking his ball and going home when the tough get going. Conor still a sniper on feet - hope DP is prepared.

Which nighmare match up the UFC spared Conor?
Please don't mention the no camp Mendez thing it was more a way to save the event rather than to give Conor a better chance to win against Chad
I disagree that the favoritism happened at 145.
I think most of the legitimate claims are that he was gifted two title shots, one while he was already a belt-holder (which was pretty unprecedented), and one when he returned, without facing a top 5 in the LW division. I understand why they did this, since he was the lineal title holder, but it looks like favoritism if you didn't like him getting the first title shot.

I really hope u win..... and u do bring up great points. Conor hasnt even had to cut weight since Alvarez fight ( outside quitting agsinst bhibster). Hes gotten to fight fellow lightweights ( " gimme s") while not having to cut weight and call it a " welterweight " fight. Conor should not be the significant favorite that he is. It's an overlay for sure. However, Conor should still be favored but by a lot less as Dustin has closed the gap between the 2. I dont know who's winning but I hope you collect - God , I hope u collect. Dustin needs to come into this - on point- between the ears. This half the battle.

All this thickness to Conors frame could lead to his undoing.Lactic acid build up can be a bitch ..... especially to someone who has no problem taking his ball and going home when the tough get going. Conor still a sniper on feet - hope DP is prepared.
I also believe that McG will find it a lot tougher to make 156lbs for this fight than he remembers.
He continues to get.....bulkier.

It's been 2yrs and 3months since McGregor cut down to 155lbs for the Khabib fight.
My guess is that he will struggle a lot to make it there, but he will still *probably* make it (just) This struggle will compromise his performance IF the fight goes into the 3rd round or later than that.

I think there remains maybe a 10 or 15% probability that McG misses weight for this fight.

Dustin has shown himself to be emotionally and mentally weak.

This is a recipe for disaster against Conor.

Gonna lose your life savings of 100bucks bro

I disagree that the favoritism happened at 145.
I think most of the legitimate claims are that he was gifted two title shots, one while he was already a belt-holder (which was pretty unprecedented), and one when he returned, without facing a top 5 in the LW division. I understand why they did this, since he was the lineal title holder, but it looks like favoritism if you didn't like him getting the first title shot.

Oh yeah I agree 100% that he didn't deserve the title shots based on merit.(I would argue that Tony was the only guy more deserving to fight Alvarez tho)
But it's like using the warp zone in Mario sure you skip some levels but in the end you still have to fight the final boss.
Even with an easy way to title shot you still have to beat the champ.
Most times I don't feel it was about avoiding bad stylistic match ups but more about making the most of the opportunity and fighting the bigger name.

I also believe that McG will find it a lot tougher to make 156lbs for this fight than he remembers.
He continues to get.....bulkier.

It's been 2yrs and 3months since McGregor cut down to 155lbs for the Khabib fight.
My guess is that he will struggle a lot to make it there, but he will still *probably* make it (just) This struggle will compromise his performance IF the fight goes into the 3rd round or later than that.

I think there remains maybe a 10 or 15% probability that McG misses weight for this fight.
Fair comment but as far as being professional(as far as meeting contracted words), making weight and showing up- I can't slight Conor. I can question his heart and the protection DFW has tented him.

I'll laugh my ass off if the 3rd round starts and I see " that look" on Conors face. The wildcard here is that nobody can really guage where Conor is right now. Yeah- he may look great but what does that mean ?

Like you and I stated , it's been awhile since McGregor has been in an actual competitive 155 fight . To lay almost 3-1 on Conor at this point against one of the top 155ers in world is irresponsible.....and Conor might win again & by stoppage but THERES NO WAY IM PUTTING UP 300 TO MAKE 100 to find out.

Don't @ me

He is experienced, battle tested, motivated and has actually won credible fights in the last 3 years.
Ignoring the Cerrone work, Conor has only been made to look stupid since 12th November, 2016.
Let that sink in.

A mature, composed DP shrugs off Conor's bullshit power and subs him via RNC or guillotine in the third.

Slip:

View attachment 825695
Whered do you bet through, wanna put something down too

DP has learnt from his wars.
He knows Conor doesn't have the the tank to go at him like jG or hooker did.
He'll play it smart for 10-12 minutes, ride the storm, then pour it on.
Secure a TD, take the back, choke the Leprechaun
I like dustin but since when do we consider Dustin a cardio machine ! And since when has Conor showed no cardio ?

Fair comment but as far as being professional(as far as meeting contracted words), making weight and showing up- I can't slight Conor. I can question his heart and the protection DFW has tented him.

I'll laugh my ass off if the 3rd round starts and I see " that look" on Conors face. The wildcard here is that nobody can really guage where Conor is right now. Yeah- he may look great but what does that mean ?

Like you and I stated , it's been awhile since McGregor has been in an actual competitive 155 fight . To lay almost 3-1 on Conor at this point against one of the top 155ers in world is irresponsible.....and Conor might win again & by stoppage but THERES NO WAY IM PUTTING UP 300 TO MAKE 100 to find out.
Yes agreed I'll be putting vCash on Dustin Poirier. Even if he loses, it's just vCash.

For the weight thing, you're right, Conor has always made weight and I'm not saying he's going to miss this time but I think he will struggle hard, much more than he remembers doing the last time 2.25yrs ago.

Jumping guillotine on a guy that won’t shoot or drop for a single/double against the cage. Casual confirmed.

You messed up buddy, all that life savings down the drain lolz. Dustin already called it, he wants to make it a war and wants blood in the first minute. In others words, he's gonna get starched in the frist minute. Too bad, would've given it to him actually if he used his wrestling and composure.
I’m a fucking stud bro. And I’m loaded.
Insecurities are worn loudest, so I doubt that.

i want dustin to win, but agree that he is very hittable. connor connects, which he will, it's lights out. Hoping dustin is able to sharpen up his defence, develop a smart game plan and win. I think DP will take it very seriously and come out with his greatest performance to date - worth the bet at that money!

Don't @ me

Let that sink in.

Slip:

View attachment 825695
I bet on the spurs last night

This is the kind of ballsy pick I like to see. I used to talk a ton of shit about GSP in his heyday, but I knew better than to bet against him. Best of luck you mad fool.

I thought inadvertently that Conor took apart Alvarez where as Poirer has two hard fought matchups against Alvarez
I also thought Conor put the best effort against Khabib so far, actually winning a round.

Usually in 2nd matchups it favors the first victor.
So we will see.

Man, UFC pretty much gave Conor matchups that favored him in all his fights except for Khabib. This fight seems designed to be the same way. I like Dustin's chances but wouldn't bet on him.

Eddie Alvarez was not supposed to be a favorable match up.

Back