I hope DC and Hendricks learned a lesson

This is really a bit of a non issue if were talking about actual fighting rather than the fued between them.

I'm definitely talking about the fued as well as the fight when I say Jon Jones owned DC.

Also, DC has literally never lost a round and Jones eclipsed him 4-1 that's what's so amazing. You have a guy who's fought 15-fights never lost a round and never taken down, 5-minutes with Jones and both those things are gone.

As everyone else mentioned, you obviously didn't watch the post-fight interview where Jones openly talked about how he doesn't train at all during the off season. All he does is eat junk food and play video games. So basically this thread makes no sense.

As everyone else mentioned, you obviously didn't watch the post-fight interview where Jones openly talked about how he doesn't train at all during the off season. All he does is eat junk food and play video games. So basically this thread makes no sense.

I think that's more of a recent thing since he's been so dominant for a while. He's become more complacent.

Why did you have to shit on Roy Nelson man? Unlike Hendricks and DC he isn't ducking the heavier weight class by cutting weight. Roy Nelson might not be champion material, but he's still awesome.

you need to be a pro all year round

the idea that you can demolish buckets of fried chicken and put on 20+ lbs of fat in between camps is not the lifestyle of a champion. showing up to camp with 20+ lbs of fat and training like a champion isnt good enough. you need to live like a champ

i just watched the new rampage interview and hes talking about how being a fighter is the toughest. sure in some ways, but rampage is sitting there telling us this with a giant bloated head. he regularly gets huge in between fights. hes sneaking candy bars while trying to make weight. theres nothing wrong with taking a vacation after a fight and indulging either

you dont need to be doing 3 a days breaking your body down all year but look at other pro athletes. how many of them completely let themselves go?

how many times have we seen some contender with this happy go lucky attitude like tee hee i got fat and i like fried chicken and ice cream like its not a problem because they put in a hard camp? you wanna be a roy nelson or a chris leben then go for it. you wanna be a champion then you gotta live like one not dream about it and pursue it part time

images

Jon Jones gets fat after every fight, eats pizza and plays video games all day with the homies- confirmed by himself post-fight press conference.

They both train all the time they just get lax with their diets then have to spend precious time cutting before every fight. I think they would both definitely benefit from keeping their diets in check

you need to be a pro all year round

the idea that you can demolish buckets of fried chicken and put on 20+ lbs of fat in between camps is not the lifestyle of a champion. showing up to camp with 20+ lbs of fat and training like a champion isnt good enough. you need to live like a champ

i just watched the new rampage interview and hes talking about how being a fighter is the toughest. sure in some ways, but rampage is sitting there telling us this with a giant bloated head. he regularly gets huge in between fights. hes sneaking candy bars while trying to make weight. theres nothing wrong with taking a vacation after a fight and indulging either

you dont need to be doing 3 a days breaking your body down all year but look at other pro athletes. how many of them completely let themselves go?

how many times have we seen some contender with this happy go lucky attitude like tee hee i got fat and i like fried chicken and ice cream like its not a problem because they put in a hard camp? you wanna be a roy nelson or a chris leben then go for it. you wanna be a champion then you gotta live like one not dream about it and pursue it part time

Uhh yeah, that's it. How many fights do you have?

This is really a bit of a non issue if were talking about actual fighting rather than the fued between them.

In that respect "owning" for me would imply a large degree of dominance, Jones only had one round in the entire fight were he was very clearly winning and outlanding his opponent. The first and third rounds were both very close, he clearly lost the second, clearly won the forth and deserved the fifth without really doing much in it.

To me its clear that cardio was the desiding factor in this match, the question is why? did Jones beat it out of Cormier and force him to fight in a cardio sapping manner or did Jones simply have better cardio? my guess is a little of both, he is 10 years younger afterall and has had a lot of experience cutting for MMA than Cormier hasn't.

yeah cardio wise carrying an extra 5, 7, 10, or 15 lbs is going to slow you down. for some reason ive never seen a fat cyclist, swimmer, track athlete, etc. carrying extra weight is a total drain on cardio. MMA is very cardio intensive. in a 5 round LHW fight its almost everything in the championship rounds

theres also the weight cut. DC had to drain himself of 15lbs or more. thats not good for your performance obviously. the less you have to drain yourself they better off you will be the next day

people seem to have a very simplistic view on performance. like somehow your out of shape one month and in shape the next. its about maximizing your potential and eating shit food and getting out of shape isnt measurable. you cant measure it but it certainly hinders your performance. an extreme example is looking at a long term smoker. their health improves when they quit but they did damage. their skin and voice are usually permanently fucked. quitting doesnt just fix shit. thats an extreme example but carrying 20+ lbs of extra fat in the same year you want to be a champion is not smart.

this isnt just about if DC would have won the fight if he was leaner. its about maximizing your potential. DC and hendricks should have a much easier time learning this lesson because there situation is a bit more obvious. they dont just relax and recover, they get really fat and eat a lot of bad food. they both came very close being the champion/defending. if they both won its obviously a tough lesson to learn. if they had amazing metabolism then it wouldnt be as obvious either

im really surprised how many fighters want to be champion but think living like a pro athlete for only half the year is good enough or even coming close to maximizing their potential

this is why its so hard to have a discussion on sherdog. everything gets derailed with completely delusional nonsense

49-46 on all three judges cards. There's no question who the better fighter is.

dude i hope you and the rest of the mental midgets grow up one day. its highly unlikely your a complete bozo, i think its more to do with a childish attitude

jones could be shooting heroin in between camps for all i care. it doesnt mean it maximizes his potential and makes him the best fighter he can be

if you want to beat jones is it really a good idea to eat junk food and play video games all day?

not a single person is providing any actual reasoning as to why living like a pro athlete year round isnt beneficial, theyre just trying to stir up any sort of counter argument they can come up with... like a 13 year old

GSP let lose and partied too much in the off season one time in his career. He learned that lesson.

And fixed it.

Anderson Silva eats big macs before a fight.

How does that make you feel?

OP & a few agreeing with him are the only ones talking sense

Its truly pahetic he way every single topic gets turned into "Jones owned him", "Jones hate"., blah blah blah

STFU. Stop living vicariously though jones.

If they ALL eat & train like shit during the off season its no wonder half the people on sherdog think they can beat up half the UFC lol. Seriously, it definitely sheds some light on why Lesnar & others can come in from other sports & run riot with minimum training. God forbid Punk pulls a similar stunt. Maybe these guys aren't quite a good as we thought...

49-46 on all three judges cards. There's no question who the better fighter is.
Unless you're Jose Aldo, then two 49-46 cards means you gassed out and won a robbery because you're not 220lbs.

For Hendricks, definitely. Even HE admits that his idiotic balloon-fests between fights is detrimental to his performance.

As far as Cormier, not sure though. I think the guy has always struggled with weight. I'm sure he could tighten up his diet somewhat, but he seems to lack the genetics to ever be super lean, bodyfat-wise.

Cormier is the captain of AKA and is there all the time even coaching while he was injured and couldn't train.

Jones on the other hand doesn't coach at all as far as I know and said right after this fight he doesn't train in-between fights.

Jon owned DC because he was a better fighter. The only lesson for DC is to stay at heavyweight where the competition is easier.

Cormier is not the captain at AKA, that's Cain Velasquez.

Cormier lost to Jon because he had to drop over 30lbs which zaps your stamina and strength. He went hard for 3 rounds and cruised for the last two. That was augmented by Jones's body strikes on DC.

And to say that Jones doesn't train at Jacksons is also wrong, he regularly coaches and helps out other fighters.

And then to say that heavyweight is easier is laughable, if Jon hasn't moved up in weight there's a reason behind that. Having almost no concussive KO power except for elbows and knees are gonna make him prone to getting KO.

Both Junior Dos Santos and Cain Velasquez would make Jon their bitch. Jones would probably even struggle against someone like Frank Mir

Back