I hope DC and Hendricks learned a lesson

theheater

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
you need to be a pro all year round

the idea that you can demolish buckets of fried chicken and put on 20+ lbs of fat in between camps is not the lifestyle of a champion. showing up to camp with 20+ lbs of fat and training like a champion isnt good enough. you need to live like a champ

i just watched the new rampage interview and hes talking about how being a fighter is the toughest. sure in some ways, but rampage is sitting there telling us this with a giant bloated head. he regularly gets huge in between fights. hes sneaking candy bars while trying to make weight. theres nothing wrong with taking a vacation after a fight and indulging either

you dont need to be doing 3 a days breaking your body down all year but look at other pro athletes. how many of them completely let themselves go?

how many times have we seen some contender with this happy go lucky attitude like tee hee i got fat and i like fried chicken and ice cream like its not a problem because they put in a hard camp? you wanna be a roy nelson or a chris leben then go for it. you wanna be a champion then you gotta live like one not dream about it and pursue it part time

They both lost to guys who don't train regularly or hard enough. But I do agree with your opinion.

Cormier is the captain of AKA and is there all the time even coaching while he was injured and couldn't train.

Jones on the other hand doesn't coach at all as far as I know and said right after this fight he doesn't train in-between fights.

Jon owned DC because he was a better fighter. The only lesson for DC is to stay at heavyweight where the competition is easier.

lawler has been one of the most active fighters in the sport. the guy was in camp pretty much the whole year

the idea that you can demolish buckets of fried chicken and put on 20+ lbs of fat in between camps is not the lifestyle of a champion. showing up to camp with 20+ lbs of fat and training like a champion isnt good enough. you need to live like a champ

i just watched the new rampage interview and hes talking about how being a fighter is the toughest. sure in some ways, but rampage is sitting there telling us this with a giant bloated head. he regularly gets huge in between fights. hes sneaking candy bars while trying to make weight. theres nothing wrong with taking a vacation after a fight and indulging either

you dont need to be doing 3 a days breaking your body down all year but look at other pro athletes. how many of them completely let themselves go?

how many times have we seen some contender with this happy go lucky attitude like tee hee i got fat and i like fried chicken and ice cream like its not a problem because they put in a hard camp? you wanna be a roy nelson or a chris leben then go for it. you wanna be a champion then you gotta live like one not dream about it and pursue it part time

This post even though generally correct do not account for genetics.

All of the fighters you talk about are prone to being fat. And even though I know for a fact that Hendricks likes his chicken wings, I do not know that about Roy, who takes the most sh*t of all of the above mentioned.

For all I know there are guys who are just fat as hell even though they really do not eat a lot and Nelson might be one of those guys. Even Johnny might not be eating as much as people think.

My cousin and I eat the same amounts of food yet his twice my size, so is his mother. You cannot beat that.

I guess you missed Jones' fat pictures before training camp and him saying he doesnt train at all when he doesnt have a fight lined up. And he just so happens to be the GOAT. You fail TS.

Cormier is the captain of AKA and is there all the time even coaching while he was injured and couldn't train.

Jones on the other hand doesn't coach at all as far as I know and said right after this fight he doesn't train in-between fights.

Jon owned DC because he was a better fighter. The only lesson for DC is to stay at heavyweight where the competition is easier.

this is why its so hard to have a discussion on sherdog. everything gets derailed with completely delusional nonsense

lawler has been one of the most active fighters in the sport. the guy was in camp pretty much the whole year

That's great. I'm specifically talking about Cormier-Jones. Your theory on that is completely wrong.

Hendricks getting too fat and not training between fights has already been discussed at naseum no need to retread that.

Eh, you have a point with Hendricks, I guess, but I haven't heard anything about Cormier taking 'breaks'.

Not bigger than Jones anyway, he also puts weight between fights.

this is why its so hard to have a discussion on sherdog. everything gets derailed with completely delusional nonsense

One comment is delusional nonsense? Lol

Jones won 49-46 on all scorecards and DC did shit all in the championship rounds. Then Jones crotch-chopped DC and he broke down crying backstage. I think that quantifies "owning" someone pretty well especially with all the shit talk leading up to this fight.

This post even though generally correct do not account for genetics.

All of the fighters you talk about are prone to being fat. And even though I know for a fact that Hendricks likes his chicken wings, I do not know that about Roy, who takes the most sh*t of all of the above mentioned.

For all I know there are guys who are just fat as hell even though they really do not eat a lot and Nelson might be one of those guys

if your genetics fatten you up quickly its even more reason to eat more sensibly. you dont need to be a certified expert to realize carrying a bunch of fat around isnt good for your body, health, performance. weight gain and loss isnt like growing and cutting your hair

6766aa2750c19aad2fa1b32f36ed4aee_635x325.jpg

Jones won 49-46 on all scorecards and DC did shit all in the championship rounds. Then Jones crotch-chopped DC and he broke down crying backstage. I think that quantifies "owning" someone pretty well especially with all the shit talk leading up to this fight.

This. Jones absolutely did own DC. TS is full of shit.

You really think DC's love of Popeyes cost him the fight?

He fought a tall, young, complete fighter with great wrestling and a foot reach advantage. That's why he lost. Not chicken.

You really think DC's love of Popeyes cost him the fight?

He fought a tall, young, complete fighter with great wrestling and a foot reach advantage. That's why he lost. Not chicken.

yes, thats what i said :rolleyes:

nobody is has responded to the idea of living like a pro athlete year round is hugely beneficial, especially for guys who are routinely getting extremely out of shape

so far theres been a bunch of children trying to twist this in to a DC got owned thread. we've already seen a "you fail" comment. recess is over, get back to class

Better fighter!! :rolleyes:

Better Cardio, nothing more. DC will be back. He won't let his cardio stop him from smashing Jones in rounds 4 and 5 next time.

I agree with everything except throwing Cormier in there. Ricky Hatton had the same problem - it was ridiculous how much he ballooned up in weight.

These guys spend loads of time doing nothing more than losing weight, which is crazy. Couldn't happen in other sports- the competition is juts too fierce

You're right on the money. Mayweather gets a ton of hate but if you read stories about him, the guy has incredible work ethic. He is in the gym every day even when he doesn't have an upcoming fight. You see footage of him always in the club making it rain. But what you don't know is that he'll have maybe 1 to 2 glasses of alcohol and he'll be drinking water for the rest of the night.

Jones won 49-46 on all scorecards and DC did shit all in the championship rounds. Then Jones crotch-chopped DC and e broke down crying backstage. I think that quantifies "owning" someone pretty well especially with all the shit talk leading up to this fight.

This is really a bit of a non issue if were talking about actual fighting rather than the fued between them.

In that respect "owning" for me would imply a large degree of dominance, Jones only had one round in the entire fight were he was very clearly winning and outlanding his opponent. The first and third rounds were both very close, he clearly lost the second, clearly won the forth and deserved the fifth without really doing much in it.

To me its clear that cardio was the desiding factor in this match, the question is why? did Jones beat it out of Cormier and force him to fight in a cardio sapping manner or did Jones simply have better cardio? my guess is a little of both, he is 10 years younger afterall and has had a lot of experience cutting for MMA than Cormier hasn't.

Back