I hope Conor turns down all of these short notice fighters

I don;t understand all this bullshit about needing "full camps" and what not. When you're in NCAA wrestling you "fight" multiple guys a week especially at national championships vs the very best. Same goes for Golden gloves to lessor extent. I think there are a few fighters that would agree with anytime anywhere. Conor is one and cereone but 90% of roster seems like scared. Don't worry about conor dude his mindset is what makes him so good.

Right. And then hear endless complaints how the loser was a short notice fighter.

I think Mendes would have looked a lot better if he'd had a longer camp. He was wrecking Conor initially.

Do you really put that much stock into what some random people have to say?

Guys like Cucuy, Conor, Nate, etc are all scrappers and would put on one heck of a fight regardless of the outcome.

While I do agree that Mendes would have done much better with a full camp, it's hard to deny that the fight was anything short of fireworks.

Cancelling two PPVs in a row is not the way to go imo

Lol what an idiot.

TS you're not a fight fan, just a fangirl of a guy you have a crush on.

Anybody who doesn't want more fights, in this case a Main Event(regardless of who Conor fights) doesn't deserve to be called a fight fan.

Nice try though.

I used to think of you as a superb poster. We part ways on this topic however. (We are both mature fight fans and have been around the block for quite a while here).

You know deep down that the average MMA fan (Especially UFC) hold ANY AND EVERY loss by an MMA fighter in far too high regard for short notice fights to have any validity.

Please tell me that you understand the difference between (certain types of MMA loses). We still are in a sport with s tremendously immature fan base where one loss turns a GOAT into a CAN. And I know that You know this.

Honestly, how many times have you seen kiddies read that Randy Couture has double digit losses and is NOT A GOOD fighter for this in and of itself.

Never are they mature enough to take into consideration that he has more title fights than any UFC fighter in history, has MORE (3) successful title defenses than EVERY other UFC HW champion. He is the ONLY UFC fighter to hold the UFC LHW & HW belts, and on top of that he defended BOTH WC belts multiple times.

The BEST they can do is say he has double digit losses and is just average.

I know you are as pissed as anyone else, just don't lose your head over it.

I used to think of you as a superb poster. We part ways on this topic however. (We are both mature fight fans and have been around the block for quite a while here).

You know deep down that the average MMA fan (Especially UFC) hold ANY AND EVERY loss by an MMA fighter in far too high regard for short notice fights to have any validity.

Please tell me that you understand the difference between (certain types of MMA loses). We still are in a sport with s tremendously immature fan base where one loss turns a GOAT into a CAN. And I know that You know this.

Honestly, how many times have you seen kiddies read that Randy Couture has double digit losses and is NOT A GOOD fighter for this in and of itself.

Never are they mature enough to take into consideration that he has more title fights than any UFC fighter in history, has MORE (3) successful title defenses than EVERY other UFC HW champion. He is the ONLY UFC fighter to hold the UFC LHW & HW belts, and on top of that he defended BOTH WC belts multiple times.

The BEST they can do is say he has double digit losses and is just average.

I know you are as pissed as anyone else, just don't lose your head over it.

So whats your opinion on this? You don't think Conor should take a fight?

I don;t understand all this bullshit about needing "full camps" and what not. When you're in NCAA wrestling you "fight" multiple guys a week especially at national championships vs the very best. Same goes for Golden gloves to lessor extent. I think there are a few fighters that would agree with anytime anywhere. Conor is one and cereone but 90% of roster seems like scared. Don't worry about conor dude his mindset is what makes him so good.

lol. That's one discipline! All you have to do is practice your wrestling or boxing.

In MMA you have to train striking, wrestling, and your ground game. That's 3 disciplines.

Completely wrong argument.

He's already prepared for Aldo, only problem is that he's packed on muscle. Ask Conor if he can make 151-152 lbs and ask Aldo if he will man up and do at catchweight. Promise Aldo that if he wins he gets a trilogy title fight or else the FW belt if Conor vacates.

he shouldnt be able to face Anjos to begin with, atleast not without having defended his own belt atleast once....., and shouldnt be able to go directly to a new weightclass to challenge for a belt as the first fight in that class.
I guess im the only one happy about this.
Im with you, bro. He should start weight cutting and make a date to fight Frankie first

So whats your opinion on this? You don't think Conor should take a fight?

I don't think a serious ranked LW "contender" should take a (non-title) short notice fight with Connor. It is far too big of a "loss" should they lose, and the topside of beating a fighter coming up from a lower WC on short notice far too small to make any sense.

A full title at this point at LW has ZERO credibility since RDA fought in December 2015. I think most agree there is no justification for "interim" at this point, if there ever is truly one.

I would be happy if he were to take on a 11-20 or lower ranked LW in a non-title fight. The question is if the UFC can keep it a PPV event in that case or not.

IMO the UFC has to AGAIN cancel the PPV and move it to free TV.

What they need to do MOST is determine how to handle the "wild card" in MMA that does not exist in any other combat sport.

Yes, MMA is far more complex with too many variables to "NOT" have these "camps" for MMA fighters to train the cross disciplines. Currently the camps do not share equally or even close to enough negative when THEY "injure/ allow their fighter to get injured" in a UFC title fight and pull out of it at the last moment.

The UFC needs to come up with a way to have the fight camps have a very high stake in this catastrophic trend before they are ALLOWED to kill the sport.

I quite honestly would at this point outlaw fighters in "camps" to be eligible to compete in the Octagon.

The UFC needs to take control, provide state of the art training for THEIR fighters and have these external "camps" be relegated to feeding "minor league" organizations!

Back