I hope Conor turns down all of these short notice fighters

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm all for a fighter being ready to throw down and fight on short notice. The problem is if the fighter was near a title shot or next in line for one and then loses. Then all you hear about the excuse of it was a short notice fight, which is a legitimate excuse, but then you paid for a fight where one fighter was criminally under-prepared. Many people talk about the Chad Mendes loss and all say he looked horrible and gassed because it was short notice. And that's probably a valid excuse.

Also, if Conor has trained his entire camp for a striker and now has to fight a BJJ expert, that could be totally different. Not that he most likely didn't train for all aspects of MMA, but he might have focused more of his training on the ground game if that was the case.

Are you really gonna train for the likes of McGregor in 2 weeks and expect to beat him?

Obviously the answer is most likely no. So, I hope for everyone's sake, Conor turns down these short notice fighters.

Last edited:
Cerrone fought 36 hours ago. He is in fighting shape and just completed a full camp.

You cant make the short camp excuse for Cerrone.

McGregor and Cerrone have literally the same amount of time to prepare for eachother.

Conor doesn't train for particular opponents, that's low level Greg Jackson stuff. Conor trains movement and to improve himself as a true martial arts God.

Its about the money and entertainment value at this point. Nate will get the fight and the vast majority of the fans are going to be happy about it and thats it.

No, that's an awful idea. Thank god you're not a manager.

There are plenty of LW fights for Conor.

He just wants to bang, brah, just wants to bang.

Conor will fight, say all you want about his antics and fans, the dude is a warrior and will compete at 196, regardless of opponent.

Conor doesn't train for particular opponents, that's low level Greg Jackson stuff. Conor trains movement and to improve himself as a true martial arts God.

is that why he's ducking khabib?

Hey, BuzzKillington (aka TS): FIghters fight. That's what they do.

Khabib? You mean the guy who's been ducking fights for 2 years for a stubbed toe?

yep. and that's the guy connnor's ducking. crazy how scared conor must be

that wouldnt make sense right now, i dont think - hes got great hype/ sell potential, why not go into this fight right now - he already signed up to fight the champ of the next weight class, so its not like hes being choosy, hes down for anyone

yep. and that's the guy connnor's ducking. crazy how scared conor must be

How do you duck a guy who's been ducking fights for 2 years? If you run away from me am I ducking you?

Lol what an idiot.

TS you're not a fight fan, just a fangirl of a guy you have a crush on.

Anybody who doesn't want more fights, in this case a Main Event(regardless of who Conor fights) doesn't deserve to be called a fight fan.

Nice try though.

How do you duck a guy who's been ducking fights for 2 years? If you run away from me am I ducking you?

guess you'd have to look at the latest record on the matter. khabib said he'd fight this morning, so he's not ducking now

but connor is

Lol what an idiot.

TS you're not a fight fan, just a fangirl of a guy you have a crush on.

Anybody who doesn't want more fights, in this case a Main Event(regardless of who Conor fights) doesn't deserve to be called a fight fan.

Nice try though.

Right. And then hear endless complaints how the loser was a short notice fighter.

I think Mendes would have looked a lot better if he'd had a longer camp. He was wrecking Conor initially.

he shouldnt be able to face Anjos to begin with, atleast not without having defended his own belt atleast once....., and shouldnt be able to go directly to a new weightclass to challenge for a belt as the first fight in that class.
I guess im the only one happy about this.

guess you'd have to look at the latest record on the matter. khabib said he'd fight this morning, so he's not ducking now

but connor is
So who turned that fight down?

Back