• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have two weeks left to live.

If you had more time, I'd say go out like my dad did. 1 year before he knew he'd die of leukemia (in 1992) he went to the same car lot that sold him a lemon 4 years prior. Bought a brand new corvette right off the lot. Had less than 4 miles on it.

After 6 months he stopped making payments on it and was able to drive it around til he passed away. Had a buddy from out of state to come snag the keys from a secret location and drive it away to never be seen again.

For a high-value, item, i can't see how that would work well.

Didn't the lot, the lender, or the insurance company (if someone claimed theft) come after his wife or estate for the money??

Maybe he meant with no inheritors alive/around?

If no family members can be located or want to bother with your possessions then the city will auction off all belongings. Happens to the elderly here all the time when they pass.

But that’s an entirely different issue, and irrelevant to the existence or not of a will. TS has a family and now some of them know about his situation. Whether they come forward to claim small personal possessions at his apartment or whatever is up to them.

Major property like a house would be have to be foreclosed on by the mortgage company, and then if there’s any net proceeds after the sale for the estate they would paid into court until someone got probate of a will, or if doesn’t have a will then someone applies for a grant of administration of the estate, and then distributes it per the intestacy formula in the legislation which goes in order of priority:

A) spouse
B) children
C) parents
D) siblings
E) nieces and nephews

If you had more time, I'd say go out like my dad did. 1 year before he knew he'd die of leukemia (in 1992) he went to the same car lot that sold him a lemon 4 years prior. Bought a brand new corvette right off the lot. Had less than 4 miles on it.

After 6 months he stopped making payments on it and was able to drive it around til he passed away. Had a buddy from out of state to come snag the keys from a secret location and drive it away to never be seen again.

Anyways, just spend time with family since you have little time left. Create a will if you don't already have one. You don't want the state to automatically inherit everything.
Sounds like your dad screwed you over, not the car dealer, since his debts would become part of his estate. A new car dealer wouldn’t care because a bank would have handled the financing so the dealer got paid anyway.

You went over regrets. Tell us about your favorite experiences.
Ever seen the movie Sandlot? We had a group about that size and we'd meet at a diamond every day during the summer...
When my ex asked "Do you think you could ever love me?" and I answer "I already do."
A trip to Thailand in 2003. Self-explainable
Earning a BA at the University of Windsor. If I could afford it I would take classes indefinitely and become a lifelong student!
Watching UFC 100
Eating a good burger or clubhouse

Hey Bro. Keep the spirits up.

You give me a short story via the below link & I'll do something up for ya to give you a laugh:

That's the least I can do for a fellow brother. I can feel a tear dropping:-(
I just saw the storyboard you did for me and would like everyone to know you are my new favorite.

You skipped my earlier question
Did you write the story about the .44 and did that actually happen to you?
Are you referring to "What It Feels Like to be shot by a gun?"
No it didn't happen to me. It's actually based on two real-life incidents combined into one. The scene, the damage, the hospital recovery and finding love thereafter all really happened.

A man returns from a doctor’s visit and tells his wife the doctor says he has just 24 hours to live. Wiping away her tears, he asks her to make love with him. She agreed and they make passionate love.

Six hours later, he goes to her again, and says: “Darling, now I only have 18 hours left to live. Maybe we could make love again?” She agrees and again they make love.

Later, the man is getting into bed when he realises he now has only eights hours of life left. He touches his wife’s shoulder and says: “Darling please? Just one more time before I die?” She agrees and, afterwards, rolls over and falls asleep.

The man, however, lies there awake and listens to the clock ticking in his head, tossing and turning until he is down to only four more hours.

He taps his wife on the shoulder to wake her up and says: “Darling, I only have four hours left! Could we…?”

His wife sits up abruptly, turns to him and says: “Listen, I’m not being funny, but I have to get up in the morning and you don’t!”

Last edited:
Lol why do you want to know that? I did not. I was on an antidepressant called Effexor during that time and went 24 months without orgasm. But the drug got me through college, so....
Been on that myself - Did you get nightmares on withdrawals?

That is not what happens when a person dies without a will.
Maybe I heard wrong. Fair enough, I'll take your word for it.
For a high-value, item, i can't see how that would work well.

Didn't the lot, the lender, or the insurance company (if someone claimed theft) come after his wife or estate for the money??
At the end he was single and pretty much spent all his money. Sold his house a looooong time before that but the person he sold it to allowed him to live there for his remaining 16 months alive.

As for the car, it was scooped up by his friend that lived in a very nomad part of Kentucky. A farm town that you never see cops doing patrols in because there is just no reason to.

Back