I Have No Idea How Aldo-Edgar Will Go

I can tell you TS

-in the first round, Aldo will dominate with this standup (punches and kicks), a clear 10-9 round for him.

-in round 2, Aldo will connect with something big and hurt Edgar, who will survive as usual. Another 10-9 round, Aldo will hurt him but not enough to get a 10-8 on any card

-in round 3, Aldo will start again by mixing kicks and combos, but he wont be as crisp and fast as the first 2 rounds and Edgar, as the round goes, will begin to look better and better, landing nice combos himself and maybe even taking Aldo down by the end of the round. 2 judges are gonna score this round for a fighter, the last judge for the OTHER fighter. Cant say which though

-round 4 : Edgar is clearly the fresher fighter here, even if he was hurt in the 2nd round. He will outstrike Aldo in this round and land a td or 2, without being threatened by a sub. 10-9 Edgar on all cards

round 5 : a repeat of round 4 but maybe with not TDs. Edgar again 10-9 on all cards

result : a split D win (48-47 48-47 47-48) for either Edgar or Aldo, shitstorm follows

thank you thank you

I think it's pretty acurrate, It sounds weird but I expect a SD

Can edgar catch Aldo's leg kicks?!

This will be a big thing in the fight. Because if he can then Aldo is going to probably be in trouble. But those leg kicks come really fucking fast so I don't think he'll be able to. But we'll see.

Aldo is a nightmare matchup for Edgar. I see no aspect of the game where Edgar can take advantage.

Combine that with Edgar's tendency to get rocked and that's all the more reason to pick Aldo

i like this summary

Aldo has not fought anyone of the calibre of Frankie, whereas Frankie has fought many fighters that would beat Aldo and are better than anyone Aldo has faced. Frankie wins this. Homie's got something coming.

TS, that's how I see it, too. This is a really awesome match up and may well be the fight of the year.

Aldo is gonna cut Edgar in half with them legs

Its a toss up and a hell of a match nonetheless. I'm pumped,Injury gods please don't fuck this up......again!!

Aldo is a nightmare matchup for Edgar. I see no aspect of the game where Edgar can take advantage.

Combine that with Edgar's tendency to get rocked and that's all the more reason to pick Aldo

I don't see how Aldo is a nightmare for Edgar. Aldo sucks for just about anyone but saying he is a nightmare seems pretty dramatic.

Edgar has been facing top LWs for a while and has beaten most and been VERY competitive in his three losses.

Aldo has the striking. Edgar has the wrestling. Both are fast but Aldo is faster. Both are strong but Edgar is stronger.

This should be a great fight.

Every frickin fight Edgar is in seems to go to decision, and is very close. He doesnt have power, and wins by dancing and tapping people in the face, until he gets a dec.

Aldo beats the Shhit out of people.

I will go with Aldo

I don't see how Aldo is a nightmare for Edgar. Aldo sucks for just about anyone but saying he is a nightmare seems pretty dramatic.

Edgar has been facing top LWs for a while and has beaten most and been VERY competitive in his three losses.

Aldo has the striking. Edgar has the wrestling. Both are fast but Aldo is faster. Both are strong but Edgar is stronger.

This should be a great fight.

This is a great post. I came here to say pretty much the same thing to the guy.

As for Edgar's tendency to get rocked, more like his tendency to fight the very best 155ers who are much bigger than him, take everything they've got and then outlast them in a 25 minute fight. IMO he should clearly either be 15-2-1 or 16-1-1 as a LW, he clearly got that last fight against Bendo, and the first one was as close as they come. His incredible wins over Maynard and Penn as well as his performances against Bendo suggest he is more than ready for Aldo. Aldo is a torpedo but we'll see if he's ready for 25 minutes with Frankie.

Anything can happen in this fight, and I do see Aldo hurting Frankie early, but if he tries to finish Frankie he could be in trouble because I just don't see it happening. I think he will drop Frankie multiple times just like Gray did in the 2nd and 3rd fights, but maybe punch himself out looking for the finish with GnP. I think Frankie will then come back in the championship rounds and either win a come-from-behind decision or if Aldo really gasses like in the Hominick fight then maybe a 4th or 5th round TKO. Who knows, we could be in for another Frankie/Maynard II come-from-behind draw. All I know is it's gonna be epic and I cannot wait for this fight!

Its going to be a close fight with a decision victory 3 rounds to 2 with controversy and everyone on Sherdog is going to bitch about the outcome no matter who wins.

This sounds about right.

I think aldo has the adv in offensive wrestling, footwork, and head movement. However i still expect edgar to move his head into aldo's shin

Every frickin fight Edgar is in seems to go to decision, and is very close. He doesnt have power, and wins by dancing and tapping people in the face, until he gets a dec.

Aldo beats the Shhit out of people.

I will go with Aldo

He had the power agianst Grey Maynard.

I think if Aldo hurts Frankie he will finish it,but Frankie knocked out Maynard,dumped Bendo on his ass a few times as well,so i wouldnt be surprised to see Edgar Tko Aldo,i think this fight will be determined by wrestling.

Can Frankie take him down early, wear him down some and take away his pep and make him hesitate to kick?If he can i think Frankie will get a W if he cant Aldo could well chop his legs out then finish him whenever he wants.

I think aldo has the adv in offensive wrestling, footwork, and head movement. However i still expect edgar to move his head into aldo's shin

Offensive wrestling? Aldo? Are you smoking crack? Edgar took prime BJ down arguably with more ease than GSP did.

I can tell you TS

-in the first round, Aldo will dominate with this standup (punches and kicks), a clear 10-9 round for him.

-in round 2, Aldo will connect with something big and hurt Edgar, who will survive as usual. Another 10-9 round, Aldo will hurt him but not enough to get a 10-8 on any card

-in round 3, Aldo will start again by mixing kicks and combos, but he wont be as crisp and fast as the first 2 rounds and Edgar, as the round goes, will begin to look better and better, landing nice combos himself and maybe even taking Aldo down by the end of the round. 2 judges are gonna score this round for a fighter, the last judge for the OTHER fighter. Cant say which though

-round 4 : Edgar is clearly the fresher fighter here, even if he was hurt in the 2nd round. He will outstrike Aldo in this round and land a td or 2, without being threatened by a sub. 10-9 Edgar on all cards

round 5 : a repeat of round 4 but maybe with not TDs. Edgar again 10-9 on all cards

result : a split D win (48-47 48-47 47-48) for either Edgar or Aldo, shitstorm follows

thank you thank you

This is the best guess I've heard.

That wasn't prime BJ that Edgar fought.

XAxaV.gif

Back