I have missed this feeling...

Excellent post.I have been watching from UFC 1 and havent missed an event,err,if I missed one its been watched through the years...Anywho,I feel the same way,so pumped for this fight and not only was I looking forward to this more than Christmas,New years but also my birthday which was 2 days ago :)
No war DC...No war JJ...just WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B6M83zpIAAAThLU.png:large

I was this way for GSP/Diaz and was let down. This better a slobberknocker.

im on the fence.

i want to be excited, and am to some degree, but rest of card is weak, and there is huge risk that main event could be a bust.

and jones is not undefeated.

Well weak cards tends to surprise. Lets hope this one is no different.

And unless there is a freak injury, or Jones pokes out both of DC's eyes in the first 5 seconds, no matter what the result is, I am stoked.

And yes Jones is undefeated. You know as well as me that his "loss" wasnt a loss. The elbow did not finish the fight, Hamill was done and injured(his shoulder i believe) and then the elbow landed. Since the elbow was not the cause of Hamill being unable to continue, it should not have been a DQ. In my opinion at least.

It's insane. It's like something building inside me slowly waiting to explode.
Oh wait, just have to take a leak.

I still get pumped for a lot of fights, but yeah I can see what you're saying. This one has me the most excited that I've been since probably Cain vs JDS 3, for me its nervous excitement because I want DC to win so bad, but Jones is one dangerous dude. It's only 1 day away!

This is one of dem fights brahs.

I got this from the Anderson vs Weidman fights, but aside from that it has been few and far between since the days of my old Pride mancrushes. I used to literally go into a nervous breakdown for Crocop fights.

I think to create this kind of energy, the fight needs to include an "epic" level fighter, and while I almost always root against Jones, I have to admit he is one of those guys who brings a special aura to a fight.

For me, especially if I separate my biased man love for Crocop, Fedor and Anderson created a level of aura beyond any other fighters in MMA history.

I don't ever watch the fights live. I PVR them and watch them the next morning, so I can skip all the hype/crap that goes on during the events.

I just stay off sports sites until I watch it.

Honestly, I read posts like this And just immediately presume you're completely full of it.

You claim to be a true old school fan, yet title fights seem to be all that really pull your interest.

So many better matchups than this over the past 10 years. I'm more excited to see Lombard and the return of Burkman, actually. That's going to be sick.

Honestly, I read posts like this And just immediately presume you're completely full of it.

You claim to be a true old school fan, yet title fights seem to be all that really pull your interest.

So many better matchups than this over the past 10 years. I'm more excited to see Lombard and the return of Burkman, actually. That's going to be sick.

When you read a post like this, maybe try and comprehend it too?

It is over the last few years I have felt that feeling slip away. And to reiterate - There has been tons of great fights. Great match ups. Come from behind wins that make you stand on your feet. Spectacular finishes, and tactically brilliant fought fights.

To me, this fight is just special. You can agree or disagree, but just thinking about this fight gets me fired up. And I haven't felt like that for long time. This is the kind of fight legends are build on.

Last edited:
Yes, love the post, your not alone!

You are an idiot

You are an idiot

And a bit pretentious. Apparently, you can't enjoy title fights more if you're a TRUE mma fan. You need to know the entire roster with date of births. Also their favorite color / ideal vacation spot.

haven't been this excited for a fight since RIP battled ZEUS in No Holds Barred.

When you read a post like this, maybe try and comprehend it too?

It is over the last few years I have felt that feeling slip away. And to reiterate - There has been tons of great fights. Great match ups. Come from behind wins that make you stand on your feet. Spectacular finishes, and tactically brilliant fought fights.

To me, this fight is just special. You can agree or disagree, but just thinking about this fight gets me fired up. And I haven't felt like that for long time. This is the kind of fight legends are build on.

Just don't agree. I don't comprehend this fanatical obsession with overrated wrestlers, and while I don't dispute Jones' unparalleled success at LHW, I've only grown less interested in his fights as time has passed by. His spinning elbows and oblique kicks have just become part of a signature routine rather than deceptive technique, and his personality doesn't light a desire to see him win or lose - just makes Mr tune his existence out.

I know. The last time I felt something like this in my no-no place is when I fell asleep in the yard and the neighbours dog found me drunk in the sprinkler with my pants around my ankles.

I got that feeling for Weidman vs Silva 1&2 but other than those fights it's been a long time since I've been this excited.

When they decline to touch gloves and walk backwards to their corners and Herb Dean starts asking if they are ready I'm gonna be freaking out. This is Fedor vs Cro Cop level anticipation.

This is the first ppv in about 2 years we are ordering and we use to get them all before that and I honestly can't wait. Usually I forget what night fight cards are because I don't give a shit. Let's just hope this card delivers.

Lol at the return of burkman

Back