I have a fight in 2 months, need advice!

Are you kidding me dude? get a sanctioned fight its not that tough..you sound like a grade 6 kid

Seriously, if you are friends, just have some sparring sessions. Teach each other, there is no need to fight in an unsanctioned fight, no paramedics, doc, etc, etc. If by some miracle neither of you get seriously injured, you will find a damaged friendship from this.
There will be no good ref present to ensure non-biased calls, or enforcement of the rules.
This is a bad idea for dozens of reasons.
Best idea-spar at 40-50% and learn.

yea i guess....i was looking forward to the fight tho...but yea thanx for the advice, its all i wanted.

I cant stand the way you type... "tho" "Thanx" "anywayz" "gunna" "cud"

You should take a extra english course instead of taking this backyard fight.

Any fight that is set up between friends without proper supervision is pretty dumb, your asking to get hurt, but i guess if your a "tought kid" then that means do it, blow a ACL out and then see how tough you are with no knee for the rest of your life.

Have fun!

I cant stand the way you type... "tho" "Thanx" "anywayz" "gunna" "cud"

You should take a extra english course instead of taking this backyard fight.

Any fight that is set up between friends without proper supervision is pretty dumb, your asking to get hurt, but i guess if your a "tought kid" then that means do it, blow a ACL out and then see how tough you are with no knee for the rest of your life.

Have fun!

listen you piece of shit, i just asked for advice on a fight, i read some of the comments and now i AM reconsidering.....the whole point of this thread was to get advice, i got some, and now im GUNNA take it.. THANX ANYWAYZ THO...you fucking piece of shit

Oh well, you've gotten enough flak already I guess.

Do some hard sparring if you have to, like 60-70%.

There is a reason why you dont fight guys at your own gym, they are supposed to be there as partners.

Imagine if you kick his fucking ass, can you see him not being interested in helping you as much as he can with advice, tricks, etc? Or the opposite.
There is enough people out there to fight, train hard, join a gym and do some amateur fights.

listen you piece of shit, i just asked for advice on a fight, i read some of the comments and now i AM reconsidering.....the whole point of this thread was to get advice, i got some, and now im GUNNA take it.. THANX ANYWAYZ THO...you fucking piece of shit

Did you try to take some roids to close the weight gap?? (joke). Glad your rethinking this "fight" because in the end it isnt good for anyone, if you both train mma do it in a gym or somewhere proper.

Easy tough guy...... seriously though, i remember being 17 and I am sure alot of these guys giving you a hard time did some real stupid shit when they were younger! I know I did. Anyhow, if your really going to do this, which i am vehemently against!, make sure you have another couple of people watching to ensure no one gets hurt. If your friends, remember that during your fight, make sure you are respectful of your opponent. I would also strongly advise NOT!!! using headshots on the ground! and headgear would be very wise! Seriously!!!!!

As for your fight, if he is bigger but your a better wrestler. Keep your distance, use your jab, lots of leg kicks, when he gets flat footed or winded...... to the floor with his ass! Be carefull brotha........ You could have alot more fights in your future if your not stupid!

Easy tough guy...... seriously though, i remember being 17 and I am sure alot of these guys giving you a hard time did some real stupid shit when they were younger! I know I did. Anyhow, if your really going to do this, which i am vehemently against!, make sure you have another couple of people watching to ensure no one gets hurt. If your friends, remember that during your fight, make sure you are respectful of your opponent. I would also strongly advise NOT!!! using headshots on the ground! and headgear would be very wise! Seriously!!!!!

As for your fight, if he is bigger but your a better wrestler. Keep your distance, use your jab, lots of leg kicks, when he gets flat footed or winded...... to the floor with his ass! Be carefull brotha........ You could have alot more fights in your future if your not stupid!

thanks man i really appreciate it.....and about the respect thing , thats what ive been tryin to say, we're not going out there to hurt each other, we just want to compete.....and ill mention to him about the headgear...thanks again for not bashing me and actually giving me some real advice.

are you gonna post the fight vid on sherdog??

as for any advice.....

hit him and dont get hit

thanks man i really appreciate it.....and about the respect thing , thats what ive been tryin to say, we're not going out there to hurt each other, we just want to compete.....and ill mention to him about the headgear...thanks again for not bashing me and actually giving me some real advice.

Anytime...... I know what it feels like to be competitive! Just remember, you would like to continue being competitive, tough to do in a wheelchair or worse! And as big as you guys are: 200+ pds.... all it takes is one mistake and your through, seen it happen!

These guys are giving you a hard time because as a fighter who trains with other fighters and is respectful of their sport, they want to preserve the integrity of real competition! Youtube and backyard brawls are fun, just reckless and it actually is blatently disrespectful to someone who is dedicated to competing. Further, it makes it harder for guys who want to compete in sanctioned events from doing so. Here is a comparison: owning a pit-bull (I have 2), great and friendly dogs with a bad rap from stupid owners! Now there banned in most states! Same thing can happen to MMA when kids start ending up in wheelchairs and coffens from backyard brawls!

Take care brotha!

Anytime...... I know what it feels like to be competitive! Just remember, you would like to continue being competitive, tough to do in a wheelchair or worse! And as big as you guys are: 200+ pds.... all it takes is one mistake and your through, seen it happen!

These guys are giving you a hard time because as a fighter who trains with other fighters and is respectful of their sport, they want to preserve the integrity of real competition! Youtube and backyard brawls are fun, just reckless and it actually is blatently disrespectful to someone who is dedicated to competing. Further, it makes it harder for guys who want to compete in sanctioned events from doing so. Here is a comparison: owning a pit-bull (I have 2), great and friendly dogs with a bad rap from stupid owners! Now there banned in most states! Same thing can happen to MMA when kids start ending up in wheelchairs and coffens from backyard brawls!

Take care brotha!

well said!!
and for all of you who think this is stupid...C'mon really, before MMA people BEEN doing this type of shit a LONG time and im pretty sure that if you ask the older guys (Liddell, BJ) they will tell you that....or you could just read their books for yourself ;)

Take care brotha!

/thread

100% agreed!!

thanx for the tips anywayz..thats all i need......i know this sounds like a street fight, (basicly is), but we ARE buddies, and obv that means that its gunna be diff then two strangers in an unsanctioned fight...and obv i know this isnt the smartest idea, and one of us cud get hurt.....i just think its gunna be a good time lol

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (That is supposed to be a siren) here comes the grammar police!

*FIXED*
T
hanks for the tips anyways. That's all i need...i know this sounds like a street fight, (basically is), but we ARE buddies, and obvious that means that its gonna/going to be different than two strangers in an unsanctioned fight...and obviously i know this isn't the smartest idea, and one of us could get hurt.....i just think its gonna be a good time haha.

Don't be a tool, focus on school!

If you are both trained fighters then why the hell don't you enter legitimate sanctioned competitions instead of organising a ridiculous back yard brawl freak show?

Thing's like this are bad for the sport and could also could turn out very badly for you and your friend.

And why are you fighting your friend? Wouldn't it be better to train and spar with your friend to help each other improve, and then support each other when you go to competitions and fight against other people?

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but imo something you need to hear.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

You don't have the experience to handle a 50 pound advantage in stand up, and u may have held your own when u wrestled but there were no strikes involved.

Back