I have a fight in 2 months, need advice!

Wand.Silva666

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi, im 17 years old and i have an mma style fight coming up in 2 months....we're buddies and we decided it would be fun to put on the 4 ouncers and see who falls first......my question is this; hes a BIG dude, 230-240, 6' and he is DEFF stronger than me in most areas...hes trained in standup fighting, and in wrestling and hes got really good straight punches, and hard kicks.....im 5'11, 190, and i have trained in mma, and in wrestling, and i have decent standup,(good jab, rright hook, and right uppercut)and pretty good gnp....i beleive that im def the better wrestler, but hes got almost 50 lbs on me....so i just wanna know HOW do i fight this guy, do i standup with him and look for the knockout?, stand for a bit, then take him down?, or just not even try to standup and do eveything possible to take him down?? please guyz, help me out

You think you can get a takedown and out wrestle him even thought he's got 50 on you?

don't fight, you're gonna end up getting hurt pretty bad, or, since he's your friend, you guys are gonna fight the worse fight in history

don't fight, you're gonna end up getting hurt pretty bad, or, since he's your friend, you guys are gonna fight the worse fight in history

idont want to sound cocky, but im a pretty tough kid, i can take a punch lol....and i HAVE wrestled him before, and i held my own, ( i can him down, hes never taken me down)

and about the worst fight, lol i dont think soo......we're not going in there friends, im gunna try an smash him....im just not sure how i shud lol

fight him standup and use massive leg kicks

then you can do work with your hands
or just tko with leg kicks

50 pound weight difference...? Is this a freak fight or a backyard brawl?

Sounds like a good idea...god speed soldier

50 pound weight difference...? Is this a freak fight or a backyard brawl?

i guess you could look at it as a backyard brawl, but in a ring lol....but were both athletes, and we both have like 2 years of training..so it will basicly be like an amatuer mma fight.( at least thats how i look at it)

Doesn't matter how you look at it, it's not an amateur fight. It's an unsanctioned fight. Idiot, plain and simple.

idont want to sound cocky, but im a pretty tough kid, i can take a punch lol....and i HAVE wrestled him before, and i held my own, ( i can him down, hes never taken me down)

and about the worst fight, lol i dont think soo......we're not going in there friends, im gunna try an smash him....im just not sure how i shud lol

Ok we've established....you sound cocky (ok in my book) and this is backyard fight in a ring LOL because us who compete know nobody would sanction this unless you lived here in Japan :p
So...you said you can take him down and he's never taken you down? You also said he has 50lbs and his standup is probably better than yours right?
Well 50lbs w/even standup and he will most likely win....SO, take his ass down, wear him out til he gets tired and GnP for the win. BTW for record i dont condone this at all LOL

Ok we've established....you sound cocky (ok in my book) and this is backyard fight in a ring LOL because us who compete know nobody would sanction this unless you lived here in Japan :p
So...you said you can take him down and he's never taken you down? You also said he has 50lbs and his standup is probably better than yours right?
Well 50lbs w/even standup and he will most likely win....SO, take his ass down, wear him out til he gets tired and GnP for the win. BTW for record i dont condone this at all LOL

thanx for the tips anywayz..thats all i need......i know this sounds like a street fight, (basicly is), but we ARE buddies, and obv that means that its gunna be diff then two strangers in an unsanctioned fight...and obv i know this isnt the smartest idea, and one of us cud get hurt.....i just think its gunna be a good time lol

i guess you could look at it as a backyard brawl, but in a ring lol....but were both athletes, and we both have like 2 years of training..so it will basicly be like an amatuer mma fight.( at least thats how i look at it)

I can see the headlines now "M.A.M.M.A mother against mixed martial arts". Seriously, if your 17, wait a year till your 18 and fight a sanctioned bout. Really!

thanx for the tips anywayz..thats all i need......i know this sounds like a street fight, (basicly is), but we ARE buddies, and obv that means that its gunna be diff then two strangers in an unsanctioned fight...and obv i know this isnt the smartest idea, and one of us cud get hurt.....i just think its gunna be a good time lol

"i just think its gunna be a good time lol"............ Not so much fun when your in the E.R or Courtroom.....!

Just make sure you watch Never Back Down before your backyard fight to pick up technical pointers and make sure your brand new tapout shorts are tied up tight and your affliction shirt your going to wear to the fight is a size to small to make you look jacked. you sir are the pinnacle of every douchebag who gives this sport a bad name.

Just make sure you watch Never Back Down before your backyard fight to pick up technical pointers and make sure your brand new tapout shorts are tied up tight and your affliction shirt your going to wear to the fight is a size to small to make you look jacked. you sir are the pinnacle of every douchebag who gives this sport a bad name.

lol, that made me laugh ...i understand that a "street" fight isnt what MMA is all about, but i seriously do NOT look at this as a street fight....but if you dont get that this isnt to look cool.. this isnt to look tough...that we consider it a competition,, just like a wrestling match, just like a boxing match, just like a grappling match.....ive trained, hes trained, we just want to see who the better fighter is...

Like a fight except you both suck ass and are doing something COMPLETELY irresponsible and stupid. Just like a fight except two people who are not fighters will be competing, which makes it a shitty brawl.

Two years of training? Name of academy/gym?

Like a fight except you both suck ass and are doing something COMPLETELY irresponsible and stupid. Just like a fight except two people who are not fighters will be competing, which makes it a shitty brawl.

Two years of training? Name of academy/gym?

yea thats true i guess...whatever though..........man i really didnt think people would be soo against something like this..its just a fight?

Seriously, if you are friends, just have some sparring sessions. Teach each other, there is no need to fight in an unsanctioned fight, no paramedics, doc, etc, etc. If by some miracle neither of you get seriously injured, you will find a damaged friendship from this.
There will be no good ref present to ensure non-biased calls, or enforcement of the rules.
This is a bad idea for dozens of reasons.
Best idea-spar at 40-50% and learn.

Back