I have a feeling that Costa will KO Romero

Fun fact.

All of Costa's wins are by TKO. He has one single KO. So he isn't exactly a one punch KO machine like a lot of Shertards would like you to believe. Unlike Romero who has KO'd elite guys stiff.

Another fun fact.

Costa has never had a single fight in his entire MMA career that has went passed 2 rounds. He started to slow down in the 2nd round against Hall. Romero has went 5 rounds several times.

Last fun fact.

Costa got taken down by Uriah freaking hall lol

giphy.gif

Fun fact.

All of Costa's wins are by TKO. He has one single KO. So he isn't exactly a one punch KO machine like a lot of Shertards would like you to believe. Unlike Romero who has KO'd elite guys stiff.

Another fun fact.

Costa has never had a single fight in his entire MMA career that has went passed 2 rounds. He started to slow down in the 2nd round against Hall. Romero has went 5 rounds several times.

Last fun fact.

giphy.gif

@NorrisB

He very well could. Romero has absorbed a lot of damage over his career. But we don’t know about Costas chin, Romero is likely to KO him

It’s s win-win for me either way. I’ll find out if he really belongs with the top guys.

I have a feeling that Costa will need to win to be victorious.

He can definitely do it but he has to avoid losing at all costs.

Fun fact.

Another fun fact.

Last fun fact.

giphy.gif

Should have said KO or TKO, come to think of it, a TKO is obviously much more likely. Don't know what I was thinking there.

Hey, my prediction is prob shit, just a hunch tho.

I want to see if Costa can do any body damage, esp. early. It's his thing, he says. If he does, I also want to see how Romero reacts, involuntarily, and how he deals with it.

I think Costa will KO Romero in round 2. IIRC, during the 2nd Whittaker fight, Yoel barely threw anything in the 1st round and I think even in the 2nd he was still hesitant. He was eating a lot of shots from Whittaker during those initial 2 rounds. I think Costa will be able to exploit Yoel's inactivity, he just has a lot of power and really great shot selection, if Costa was in Whittakers position, he would have KO'd Romero IMO. Just a hunch but I think that if Yoel doesn't get to work quickly and doesn't go for a few takedowns, he will lose the fight.
Inactivity? Neither have fought in the last 13 months.

I think Yoel will finish Costa and make it look easy. I don't know if Yoel will start with a knockdown or a takedown but he will finish it before the end of the 2nd round.

Fun fact.

Another fun fact.

Last fun fact.

giphy.gif
I think if Hall fought smart, he could have easily tuned Costa the whole fight. His striking was way better.

One of these dudes is getting beat up real bad. I still don't know which.

I got the same feeling.

Either way the age old question of "which is better, steroids or IVs?" will be answerd.

All this thread tells me is that you guys still don't put respeck on Whittaker's name. Sad, you're gonna cheapen my boy Izzy's win.

Romero's only battle with be with the scale otherwise he's gonna take him down and smash him. Comparing Whitaker to Hall is a joke however Hall was doing well against Costa and even got a take down.

Back