I have a feeling that Costa will KO Romero

AndrewFiedelman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Costa will KO Romero in round 2. IIRC, during the 2nd Whittaker fight, Yoel barely threw anything in the 1st round and I think even in the 2nd he was still hesitant. He was eating a lot of shots from Whittaker during those initial 2 rounds. I think Costa will be able to exploit Yoel's inactivity, he just has a lot of power and really great shot selection, if Costa was in Whittakers position, he would have KO'd Romero IMO. Just a hunch but I think that if Yoel doesn't get to work quickly and doesn't go for a few takedowns, he will lose the fight.

Yoel didn't only fight Whittaker. Whittaker was successful being Whittaker. Whittaker is not Costa.

One thing for sure, Romero already looks like he is feeling the weight cut. Couple interviews i seen from today looks like they started his cut early to make sure he makes weight.

His face is dried out bad and he is breathing hard.

Costa is insanely unproven.

I think the Costa hypetrain is about to derail something fierce.

I have lots of feelings. Unfortunately they're not omniscient ones

Imagine comparing Costa to Whittaker.

TS just went full retard.

I would never bet on a Yoel fight from now on, he's in this weird situation where he is undoubtedly one of the best fighters in the world so he will verse the best fighters in the world but he is also 42 and surely should show his age soon but when will this happen, I don't know...

I agree. I want Yoel to win but at some point the young prospect beats the veteran. Thing that makes it exciting is to me it's almost a 50/50

I have a feeling Yoel is going to blast the rest of Paulo's hairline off with a flying knee in the 3rd.

Well he did beat Uriah Hall, and that's all the proof I need that he's world class.

<27>

If Yoel has suddenly aged a lot in athleticism over night maybe. But he seems to be still holding pretty strong all things considered in his 40's. Paulo really hasn't proven anything at this point tbh. His win over Hendricks wasn't really that impressive considering Johnny was a clear shell of himself and fighting in a weight class he was a midget for cause he just can't put the burgers down. And Yoel is a HUGE step up in competition over Uriah Hall. I don't want to sound like a huge naysayer mind you, as it would be great to have some young blood get a big win and inject some excitement into the top of the rankings. But I dunno, don't think Paulo's hands are really crisp enough to do what whittaker couldn't over 50 minutes of fighting.

Costa is insanely unproven.

I think the Costa hypetrain is about to derail something fierce.

I'll eat my words and give him due respect if he wins, but this dude is one of the most overhyped prospects ever.

His best win is over Hall, yet people have been talking about him as a legit title contender for the past year.

The only thing that worries me isn't his age, it's his fighting style for his age. That dude is still obscenely explosive and still has cat like reflexes, they could go overnight. But if Yoel is still Yoel, this should be easy work for him.

Costa has a few paths to victory, but KO'ing Yoel is very, very unlikely. If Costa takes this it will be by decision.

Back