I have a feeling that Bisping vs Hendo 2 is a retirement fight for both guys.

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hendo has already stated that he plans on retiring after that fight regardless of the outcome.

For Bisping, he has the title. What more could he want then to avenge his worst loss, same time defend his title in doing so and retiring on top?

Should he lose, he has nothing more to achieve.

Maybe, the real reason he pushed so hard for the rematch and the UFC allowed it was because Bisping wants to retire on that.

Bisping has that horrific eye injury working against him so no doubt he's near the end.

I imagine he's now eligible for PPV points though - I think he'll take another fight after Hendo because they pay will be substantial.

Sadly I think Bisping will beat Hendo at this point, although the very idea of fighting the #13th ranked fighter in your division makes the belt completely pointless.

War Hendo

Bisping will fight 1-2 more times if he beats Hendo. He gets paid way too good, probably even more now if he signed a new contract, to retire on top.

If Bisping win.

He could get another big payday by defending the belt again.
It's not like he need to protect a undefeated record or a great legacy.

I don't see Bisping retiring unless Hendo H-bombs his good eye directly into his bad eye. He's worked too hard for too long to get where he is now.

Win or lose, Dan is definitely done.

Hendo will be 46, nearly 10 years after most guys start to experience a falloff of their prime form... Dude really is an animal, with TRT or without.

46 and head kicks. Mad respect to ol' flat-face.

Bisping has that horrific eye injury working against him so no doubt he's near the end.

I imagine he's now eligible for PPV points though - I think he'll take another fight after Hendo because they pay will be substantial.

Sadly I think Bisping will beat Hendo at this point, although the very idea of fighting the #13th ranked fighter in your division makes the belt completely pointless.

War Hendo

If this fight is in england will it even be a PPV. Bisping needs to be smart about this, make sure this fight is on a big ppv card.

Bisping looks like he's still got a little gas in the tank
and making more money than ever

I think he will extend his time in the UFC a little longer

It's amazing Dan is still entering the cage at age 46!

Hendo has already stated that he plans on retiring after that fight regardless of the outcome.

For Bisping, he has the title. What more could he want then to avenge his worst loss, same time defend his title in doing so and retiring on top?

Should he lose, he has nothing more to achieve.

Maybe, the real reason he pushed so hard for the rematch and the UFC allowed it was because Bisping wants to retire on that.
You might be right TS,

Bisping has nothing to gain from beating the likes of Weidman or Jacare. He already got his belt, beat the MW GOAT Anderson Silva and if he can beat Dan then that's his most painful loss avenged which allows him to retire a champion and get that eye fixed.

I'd be happy to see him go out that way...it could have been alot different.

Bisping isn't leaving as long as he has gold. I expect him to fight one more time after losing the belt as long as he doesn't get a horrific injury while losing the belt.

Bisping has plenty of fight in him left. Personally I don't think he can hold the belt tho.

Henderson regardless if he wins or not, he definitely won't be able to hold it. Don't get me wrong, I love Dan Henderson. Nonetheless he has not been very competitive and barely getting by.

The fact its in Manchester might have an impact.

I dont think money is a huge factor for Mike, hes made decent money, lives a good life and has plenty of post-career options.

If you are going to go out, going out on a win, for the title, in what is effectively your home town..

Thats very different to going out on a loss, in Vegas somewhere

Bisping won't retire until he gets the Chuck talk. I get the impression that he's the kind of guy who will find it hard to let go. I hope when he eventually drops the title he does retire, but I suspect there will be money fights like Nick Diaz & Rockhold III coming out of the woodwork and he'll drop on as long as he physically can.

You might be right TS,

Bisping has nothing to gain from beating the likes of Weidman or Jacare. He already got his belt, beat the MW GOAT Anderson Silva and if he can beat Dan then that's his most painful loss avenged which allows him to retire a champion and get that eye fixed.

I'd be happy to see him go out that way...it could have been alot different.

It'll definitely be a fitting close to a great Era, including the likes of Silva, Franklin, Bisping, Sonnen, Belfort, Stann, etc.

It'll also allow for a proper transition for the newer generation to contend for the title. Imagine a four man tournament beginning with rematches between Jacare/Romero and Rockhold/Weidman.

Bisping knocked off two rising contenders in Dolloway and Leites. People may be writing them off a bit now but at the time, they had quite a bit of steam going.

Follow that up with a win over the MW GOAT, winning the Championship, then defending/avenging against his archnemisis. There is no better way to go out.

If this fight is in england will it even be a PPV. Bisping needs to be smart about this, make sure this fight is on a big ppv card.
Well the talk is it is 204, but it seems to really be getting delayed.

If its a PPV from the UK, then the UFC's preference will probably be Sunday night in the UK, so sunday afternoon US. Trouble is the venue in Manchester has some Disney on Ice thing starting on the Thursday after and Ive no idea how long it takes to get an ice rink down (and then rehearsals etc). This isnt the US where they have ice rinks hidden underneath the basketball courts. If Disney have got the place booked from say Sunday that would force UFC into the saturday night (theres a concert there on friday)

Bisping is near the end but I can't imagine him retiring if he retains the belt. This is the victory lap for bisping and a couple good paydays helps when you live in southern cal

He likes the tv stuff and is good on tv. So I would bet that retirement would be a strong consideration after his next loss

Bisping can easily cash in for a few more paydays against Weidman, Rockhold 3, Jacare, Anderson 2, Machida if he can avoid a 2 year suspension, Mousasi.

He better stay away from Romero tho.

eye injury
he'll be 38 if signs another fight after Hendo
He'll have the belt, revenge agains Rocksalt and Hendo.
He won teh Anderson match he never got.
all these factors together say alot.

Back