I have a dilemma - Need advice (Long Read)

Sounds like you need a good MMA school that offers BJJ/striking. At $100 total it might be out of your budget. If you are just doing it for fun, why would you worry about one suffering?

Sounds like you need a good MMA school that offers BJJ/striking. At $100 total it might be out of your budget. If you are just doing it for fun, why would you worry about one suffering?

I'm one of those people that when I do something, I want to do it right. Besides I might not always be so non competitive with it and want to keep amatuer fights as a possibility. So I figured I might as well train as if it was my intent.

And yea, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Welcome to the point of the thread.:icon_chee Got a place in my area by any chance? I'm willing to look into anything you've got to offer.

Last edited:
I see.

Not familiar with your area at all, sorry. Does this help at all?
MMATraining.com Washington MMA Gyms

ATT Olympia? - Kirkland
Jeff Monson

Definitely thanks for the link. Unfortunately, everything there that was in my area I knew about. :[ Tri Cities MMA recently closed too. I live in a small part in SE Washington and Olympia is like 4 hours away. Living here sucks for training.

Last edited:
at $75 a month for the bjj and boxing you could try and find a judo place to train at on top of this they're usually very cheap and judo and bjj are a great complement especially seen as how you said you'd like to train gi,alot of the techniques are the same.

at $75 a month for the bjj and boxing you could try and find a judo place to train at on top of this they're usually very cheap and judo and bjj are a great complement especially seen as how you said you'd like to train gi,alot of the techniques are the same.

I actually considered that and looked into it before. Unfortunately there's only one Judo place in the area and lets just say its not very good... Thanks for the advice though.

$25/month is like a night of beer and pizza. That's nothing.

You said yourself that these guys really train hard.

You want to train everything equally.

For $25 a month you can't really go wrong and if it ends up being exactly what you want, then you really hit a gold mine.

$25/month is like a night of beer and pizza. That's nothing.

You said yourself that these guys really train hard.

You want to train everything equally.

For $25 a month you can't really go wrong and if it ends up being exactly what you want, then you really hit a gold mine.

I agree. $25 is a hell of a deal. Its also only 3 months and jumps to $75 afterwards. Until the 3 months pass I will stay. And the jits guys are the ones I know and they only have class twice a week. If you come up with any other ideas let me hear 'em. :] I need as much help as I can get.

Have you been to PJJTC yet? I'm curious where you got that $95 figure from, last time I read the board there it wasn't that much (though things may have changed). If you haven't yet, come in, you get a week for free to see how you like it. I'm very curious who the two blue belts you have instructing you are, because we were the only gi place in town that I was aware of, I'd love to see who else is around.

Either way, come by, check it out. My name's Aaron, I'm one of the blue belts that'll be there at class tonight if you want to introduce yourself.

Have you been to PJJTC yet? I'm curious where you got that $95 figure from, last time I read the board there it wasn't that much (though things may have changed). If you haven't yet, come in, you get a week for free to see how you like it. I'm very curious who the two blue belts you have instructing you are, because we were the only gi place in town that I was aware of, I'd love to see who else is around.

Either way, come by, check it out. My name's Aaron, I'm one of the blue belts that'll be there at class tonight if you want to introduce yourself.

Well thank you very much :] I called like a week or so ago and I talked to a person who I think was named Matt? Don't remember if that's the correct name and he said $95 a month. I would come in today but I've got practice at my current place tonight. I might be able to come in tomorrow however.

Well thank you very much :] I called like a week or so ago and I talked to a person who I think was named Matt? Don't remember if that's the correct name and he said $95 a month. I would come in today but I've got practice at my current place tonight. I might be able to come in tomorrow however.

No problem. Matt's the instructor. I believe there was a cut rate if you signed up for 6 months and/or did auto-pay from a checking account, but that should be confirmed with him, I'm not going to speak authoritatively on his business that way. I'm curious about the place you're going to now, who are the instructors and where'd they get their blues from? Either way, come by. If nothing else, you'll get a free week out of it.

No problem. Matt's the instructor. I believe there was a cut rate if you signed up for 6 months and/or did auto-pay from a checking account, but that should be confirmed with him, I'm not going to speak authoritatively on his business that way. I'm curious about the place you're going to now, who are the instructors and where'd they get their blues from? Either way, come by. If nothing else, you'll get a free week out of it.

I'll talk more about it when I come to check PJJTC out. Though I'm pretty sure my current instructors trained there before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back