I got Gane out-speeding the big slow Volkov

He would be a moron to try it lol Gane has wins by heel hook in the UFC and looks solid asf with grappling
That heel hook was vs Dontale Mayes...

Volkov has been on the ground with Werdum and Struve, among others, no chance in hell Gane subs him... unless he rattles his brain first.

Idk Gane seems to lack pop in his punches and Volkov's jab was perfect in his last fight.
Gane's jab alone won him the fight against Rozenstruik, and it's also with a jab that he hurt JDS before finishing with elbows. And he has good jab in both stances.

Walt Harris out-sped Volkov, did it help him much? I doubt Gane can go in and out of range without damage consistently.

on the contrary i can see Gane being quick and elusive enough to avoid Volkov jab and kicks to land his own counter leg kick and overhand. I see Gane's mobility as a potential problem for volkov, in a 50/50 fight overall.

on the contrary i can see Gane being quick and elusive enough to avoid Volkov jab and kicks to land his own counter leg kick and overhand. I see Gane's mobility as a potential problem for volkov, in a 50/50 fight overall.

I tend to think Gane is the bigger unknown in the fight as well, I spose Volkov with the extra bulk is relatively new but generally I think we have a better idea of his level.

Potential problem-yes. But some overly-enthusiastic posters take it as a given.

Potential problem-yes. But some overly-enthusiastic posters take it as a given.
for sure : we can't overlook that while obviously talented, Gane hasn't the striking credentials of Volkov. He has to prove himself against a sound striker like him. I think he can, but wait and see !

Walt Harris out-sped Volkov, did it help him much? I doubt Gane can go in and out of range without damage consistently.

are you really comparing ‘Wilt’ Harris to Gane?

<{CMPALM}>

for sure : we can't overlook that while obviously talented, Gane hasn't the striking credentials of Volkov. He has to prove himself against a sound striker like him. I think he can, but wait and see !
The striking credentials didn't help Rozenstruik (99 fights, 88 wins, 75 KOs ) too much.

Volkov isn't particularly mobile, but his hands aren't slow. I don't think Gane will be able to move in and out of range unscathed.

Edit:
I doubt Gane can go in and out of range without damage consistently.
Beat me to it. Great minds think alike.

Back