I got Gane out-speeding the big slow Volkov

Volkov seems to be a popular pick lately for this marquee HW match up.

I think Gane is going to get in and out and pick his shots against Volkov using his speed, movement and tactfulness.

Volkov is pretty flat footed and slow but he’s super rangey and has a great chin.

Gane vs Ngannou/Lewis next up

Im not impressed by volkov never have been...

Hes abit of a generalist...one thing he does really well tho...is fight tall hes probably the only guy ive seen in the UFC...especially HW that knows how to fight tall and long properly...not like struve ...

That could pose problems for Gane...Gane needs to get inside to win here..Volkov will be kicking the legs and teeping all night...so we'll have to see what Ganes Grappling game looks like cuz if he stays at range hes getting picked apart IMO...

Im not impressed by volkov never have been...

Hes abit of a generalist...one thing he does really well tho...is fight tall hes probably the only guy ive seen in the UFC...especially HW that knows how to fight tall and long properly...not like struve ...

That could pose problems for Gane...Gane needs to get inside to win here..Volkov will be kicking the legs and teeping all night...so we'll have to see what Ganes Grappling game looks like cuz if he stays at range hes getting picked apart IMO...
Gane does the same thing as Volkov, fight long with the use of teeps.
Gane can't fight inside very well other than clinch
I think it's a close fight

Gane does the same thing as Volkov, fight long with the use of teens.
Gane can't fight inside very well other than clinch
I think it's a close fight

Well thats what i mean...he cant do what he normally does against the bigger and better range fighter in Volkov so well see what else he has cuz staying at range i dont think he can get it done IMO

The fight is very close, for now, but if Volkov does not spam leg kicks from the start it is going to become an increasingly uphill battle for him.

Volkov needs to fight Gane at kickboxing range for the first three rounds and out volume him; bank at least two of the first three rounds on the judges scorecards.

if Volkov tries to pressure Gane early he is going to find himself in the same situation JDS did. Gane will immediately change angles and it will be a role reversal with Volkov up against the cage.

He has to point fight through volume and if he can score a late round KO, but don't fall behind on the judges scorecard

If Volkov can keep a high pace I wonder if he can make Gane gas. Then again Volkov put on 20 lbs since he out-cardio'd Blaydes, maybe he will gas.

Gane looks so big, strong, and fast. His strikes sound extremely hard but they don’t seem to do as much damage as I expected

Volkov will land his jab early and often throwing off Gane's plan leading to a 5th round TKO

Uber volkov had overeem throwing in the towel. I think a 50-45 Dec win for volkov

i think he's going to do well for a while, and then Volkov will find his timing on his in and out blitzes and and connect with a big punch or knee.

There are question marks about Gane, while we know where Volkov is at, as he is a 40-fight veteran in MMA. We don't know how good is Gane's chin and how he would fare against rangy, technical and intelligent fighter. All in all a fantastic 50:50 fight.
I usually don't like HW at main event, but I'm a big fan of Volkov and I agree it is very close on paper and it should be a great technical battle, although my folks will probably yawn if it isnt a barn burner

Volkov has the highest landing percentage at range in the ufc. I think he uses it to a tko

How so? You don't think it's possible?
No, I don't know if I have ever seen Alex shoot a takedown, even in his Bellator days. He's not bad if it hits the mat, but I can't recall him initiating the grappling exchanges ever, save for when he had Ivanov hurt and chose to choke him.

No, I don't know if I have ever seen Alex shoot a takedown, even in his Bellator days. He's not bad if it hits the mat, but I can't recall him initiating the grappling exchanges ever, save for when he had Ivanov hurt and chose to choke him.
He's definitely landed takedowns and initiated grappling. One I remember was vs Werdum, who obviously is fine letting his opponents take him down though

Back