I forgot that DC fought Gustafsson

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
....and what a dogfight that was, and a class act on DC's end during the interview afterwards.

We could have one of these fights every PPV but instead we're waiting on Conor not to piss hot so he can be matched against the best guy who he might just be good enough to beat with his three decent techniques and half a gas tank. Thanks, Dana/WME/TKO.

Pretty sure DC said it was his hardest fight ever, had to dig deep. They both did. They looked older after the fight, two 205+ lbs guys beating the shit out of each other in the clinch for almost 5 rounds. That is how I remembered the fight, plus DCs huge takedown and Gus knockdown. Great fight.

I thought Gus pulled it out when watching the fight, but I was a biased sore loser biased fan Mauler fan… after watching this I can see how even of a fight it was, however IMO the judges likely gave Daniel the decision based on damage from those sneaky uppercuts. Additionally whenever Gus would frame off and turn his back, get distance and reset is always an extremely bad visual during a fight, he did this several times. Ive only seen this technique used successfully in a winning a fight by one man, its inventor Jon Jones.

Still gave DC that third round inspite of the knockdown, it's funny considering that in Jones vs Gus 1 the situation was reversed. Gus should have won the belt in one of those two fights.

Very entertaining fight. I'm surprised that some think Gus should have won. He gave a good fight but was behind on the cards.

All comes down to razor close rounds in 2 & 4. DC won 1 & 5, Gust obviouslythe 3rd.

Legendary fight but why complain about Conor about recent ppv main events? We've had literally 1 bad ppv main event this year in Nunes/Aldana. It's not like ufc 192 was stacked with a washed Rashad in the co-main, Pena & Shawn Jordan rounding out the ppv lol.

Y'all can take any good moment and put ufc is dying spin on it huh? Lmao

It was a war, Gus is my top guy when it comes to best fighters to never win gold in the ufc

....and what a dogfight that was, and a class act on DC's end during the interview afterwards.

We could have one of these fights every PPV but instead we're waiting on Conor not to piss hot so he can be matched against the best guy who he might just be good enough to beat with his three decent techniques and half a gas tank. Thanks, Dana/WME/TKO.

Still shoulda been Bader, but hey! It was an amazing fight.

everybody be like "Reyes won"

and then posts 10 GIFs of Reyes best moments where 8 of them involve glancing strikes
Reyes won because he won 3 rounds, not because he did more damage than Gus. Welcome to MMA scoring, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Also didn't realize head shooting back from impact meant glancing

Gus DC was a great fight. In any other era Gus would have been champ, but he came through the ranks during the Jones and DC era. Probably the #1 and #2 LHW ever fighting at the same time.

Gus DC was a great fight. In any other era Gus would have been champ, but he came through the ranks during the Jones and DC era. Probably the #1 and #2 LHW ever fighting at the same time.
Jerry Quarry syndrome. The guy is damn good, but he comes along at the exact wrong time. Hopefully Gus' story is a little longer and happier than Jerry's...

Back