I don't understand Sterling improvement

Are fighters in the same USADA random testing pool while recovering from alleged surgery?

What on earth are you on about here?

He didn't get completely ragdolled by Yan in the first fight. He started really fast and strong like he prefers to and was banking rounds on one judge's card. He only started getting handled later in the fight when he ran out of gas.

And the same thing happened in the rematch. Started good early and held onto some good positions that won him rounds, but was clearly the worse fighter later on.

Then he beats one armed TJ.

And now he has a
he got some coin flips to go his way.

his body has also transformed quite a bit since the first Yan fight.

Want me to explain it sir, from my perspective? Lol

You've explained it enough sir! Time to spread love and accept the funk back into your soul!

aljo-dancing.gif

He has certainly improved, although he is still a fighter that finds ways around his weaknesses rather than an exceptionally well rounded one that has no weaknesses.

His hands are very sloppy, but he is long and lanky and throws weirdly. And while his wrestling is not fantastic, he is very good at finding openings, rushing in and forcing scrambles for positional advantage and get the takedown. He is also very good at ground control, since he is strong, and has long legs, and excellent jitz.

Yet because he has glaring gaps and is not the most graceful fighter, he doesn't come across as impressive to many. Yet he finds ways to beat much more well-rounded fighters like Cejudo or Yan by a thin margin.

30% increase in powers when he won the title, didn't matter that he got kneed in the head to win the title.

From being completely ragdolled by Yan (it was painful to watch) i ntheir first bout

To "easily" beat him in the rematch then beat the midget Goat triple C ?

I mean, how ? This illegal kneed to his skull transformed him like in a movie/comics/manga?

Explain to me
You didnt watch the first fight clearly. He wasnt ragdolled by any means. His aggressive wrestling was neutralized by Yan. Thinly veiled hate/steroid thread.

he got some coin flips to go his way.

his body has also transformed quite a bit since the first Yan fight.
He had a back or arm surgery? He looked and also performed diffrenty.

You ask me how a fighter weren’t from have a good basic MMA physique to having one of the best physiques in all of MMA

1. Sterling is one of the most naturally talented fighters in the UFC.

2. He has a really smart team

3. he’s much more confident now that he’s the champ.

- huge BW
- Long reach (arms n legs)
- fights "long" well
- awkward
- TD backpack threat

He didn't improve between the 1st and 2nd Yan fights. He just had a better gameplan the 2nd time around.

In the 1st fight he spent the first 2 rounds throwing high output and high energy techniques. Big crazy spinning kicks and other stuff that will sap your cardio fast.

By the time he tried to grapple he was gassing and no longer had the physicality to match Yan and he was being picked apart.

In the 2nd fight he just went to his bread and butter and controlled Yan and made the fight much more boring, but it was far more effective.

Honestly I think he came out just as hard in the first round of the Cejudo fight as he did in the 1st Yan fight. I was surprised.

He did look out of sorts against Yan the first time, he was flicking out some bizarre strikes even by his standards and was gassing horribly. That feeling of being on the far side of something insurmountable probably fueled him to get better, while Yan pretty much expected to steamroll him again in addition to being salty.

Back