• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

I don't understand Sterling improvement

Even in the first Yan fight, Aljo was swarming and out striking Yan in a few rounds before he got clipped with some big shots and he gassed out.

Hes always been a very unique challenge for anyone at BW. His style is just ugly and people underrate his standup skills because its awkward

Sometimes excuses are actually true, mindboggling I know.

From being completely ragdolled by Yan (it was painful to watch) i ntheir first bout

To "easily" beat him in the rematch then beat the midget Goat triple C ?

I mean, how ? This illegal kneed to his skull transformed him like in a movie/comics/manga?

Explain to me

He wasn't completely ragdolled by Yan. People just have goldfish memories. At least one judge had Aljo winning the first two rounds of the first yan fight. only the last round was clearly Yan's.

People just thought that his neck injury was fake, despite him showing clips from the surgery lol. And they thought his excuse of rehydrating poorly was fake, too.

Aljo haters in hysterics that this guy is closing in on undisputed BW Goat status

In the first Yan fight he blames a bad weight cut I believe, but he fought way too jittery to me. He wasted a lot of energy. I think they realized this and improved on that.

From being completely ragdolled by Yan (it was painful to watch) i ntheir first bout

I mean, how ? This illegal kneed to his skull transformed him like in a movie/comics/manga?

Explain to me

Likely horse meat plus corruption judges.

The Serra/Longo guys have insane gas tanks. That’s their advantage. Got something in the water up there…

Merab, especially, has the most suspicious gas tank I’ve ever seen in the sport. Akko’s also improved rapidly the last 2-3 years.

What's the question? He didn't "easily" beat Yan in the rematch, it was a SD, and went almost the same as their first fight with Aljo controlling early then getting beat up later in the fight, it just switched later this time which made it hard to call.

He had an off night once and dummies decided he "didn't deserve" a legitimate win. He hasn't had an off night since.

He was always elite the first Yan fight just caused people to shit on him. Remember he put Sandhagen to sleep in like 2 minutes?
He’s looked super inconsistent since then, yes he has won fights, but the only finish recently against a guy with one shoulder

he has a recod of 23-3 and the big majority of his fights were in the ufc. he hasnt 'suddenly' evovled. he always had the skills and got better with the years/experience/growing into his prime

it is actually quite normal for talented fighters

Explain to me

What on earth are you on about here?

He didn't get completely ragdolled by Yan in the first fight. He started really fast and strong like he prefers to and was banking rounds on one judge's card. He only started getting handled later in the fight when he ran out of gas.

And the same thing happened in the rematch. Started good early and held onto some good positions that won him rounds, but was clearly the worse fighter later on.

Then he beats one armed TJ.

And now he has a razor close fight that he almost lost to a guy who sat out did nothing for 3 years and came back looking crap and tired by round 3.

I like Sterling and he's absolutely skilled, but I don't really see any improvement. He's just had some matchups that were very good for him and some weird outcomes. Not trying to shit on him here as literally none of it is his fault.

I definitely hear you my man. I’m kind of of the school of yes I do think he took the disqualification purposely like that, in bad faith even, but I think he redeemed himself and I actually enjoy watching him fight but I’m also a scumbag so who knows
lol. I think everyone has a little scumbag in them so don't beat yourself up. I do agree tho, the adjustments Aljo made for his second fight with Yan show that he's talented and deserving of being where he is.

My favorite Sterling moment
CostlyBitesizedKob-max-1mb.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

This and his acting when Yan kneed him are still the most memorable moments of his career.

He's had very weird fights that were out of his control. Tj wasn't his fault. Yan kneeing him wasn't his fault. I think people forget the first Yan fight was close. Yes Yan was starting to look like the more dominant guy at the end, but it had been competitive. He made adjustments and had another close fight with him after
Yan is elite. Just because he's like 1-4 in his last five doesn't mean shit. He easily could have won all of those minus merab.
The biggest shame is he won't fight merab. That would be very telling. I don't think o malley is the best or even second best guy. I can see him beating sterling standing but merab is literally the most interesting sterling matchup and it'll never happen professionally lol

He was always elite the first Yan fight just caused people to shit on him. Remember he put Sandhagen to sleep in like 2 minutes?
Yep, also I remember when Moraes sent Sterling head first into the canvass in 1 minute.

Explain to me
My guess, both Yan and Sterling knew Sterling didn't win the first fight. So Yan didn't prepare as much and Sterling prepared much more.

Then Sterling beat a 1 armed retiree.

Then Sterling beat an undersized retiree.

Some of this is because Sterling improved. Some of this is because his opposition regressed.

Back