I don't think comparing Edmond with Kavanagh is fair

I guess if there's one thing I like about Conor it's that he's created such a shitty fanbase which in turn, has created many people for me to rustleupogus. Leading up to his fights, they get all stirred up. Right after he loses things get kinda bland. I'll miss Conor when he's back to plumbing in Dublin.

People don't like Kavanagh because they don't think he was one of the primary reasons for Conor's success (after all, Kavanagh didn't gift him with an abnormal reach for his size and an inhuman capacity to cut weight) and he's been guilty of attention whoring on several occasions.

Last edited:
I enjoy the ruffled feathers when someone gives a shout out to "Irish Edmond".

<33>

111115-UFC-Rousey-training-OB-G01.vadapt.767.high.61.jpg

The GOAT and Ali.

I'd rather compare Edmond to Gonzo.
latest

29906170001_3184068288001_vs-52f9a23fe4b0b5583ed0e528-782203289001.jpg

Pretty sure I've actually seen a pic of Edmond wearing a velvet plum coloured suit jacket just like Gonzo's too.

2 unknown gyms, run by 2 unknowns, produced 2 of the biggest superstars the world has ever known. Their rep could improve a lot if they distance themselves away from cameras, mics and keyboards.

Pretty much identical in my book.

I'd rather compare Edmond to Gonzo.
latest

29906170001_3184068288001_vs-52f9a23fe4b0b5583ed0e528-782203289001.jpg

Pretty sure I've actually seen a pic of Edmond wearing a velvet plum coloured suit jacket just like Gonzo's too.
Gonzo might be a better striking coach.

Edmund literally has a giant portrait of himself with Ali in his gym.
111115-UFC-Rousey-training-OB-G01.vnocropresize.940.529.medium.61.jpg
3055140-0253501564-Joe-B.gif
What has he done in the boxing world to have a portrait of himself next to Ali lol ? I cant find shit on his boxing career lol.

Edmond doesnt have up and doing fighters. Kav literally has dozens. Tuke, Gallagher, Queally, Mlambo, all top fighters about to enter the UFC

Tuke? a guy I went to school with fought him in his last fight, beat the shit out of him in the first round before getting submitted in the second. Tuke was lucky, I'm not even friends with this guy who fought him but my god he beat the shit out of him in the first round, dropped him 2 or 3 times cause this Tuke guy thought he was Conor McGregor with his hands down, it was ridiculously bad technique, that guy needs a lot of seasoning before he can be called "up and coming"

Edmond has also trained a 3 division boxing champion in Vic Darchinyan, besides fighting professionally, both in MMA and Muay Thai.

7.jpg

He certainly has been exposed as a shitty MMA coach, who ruins gifted fighters by turning them into sloppy, limp wristed jabbers. But let's not pretend as if Kavanagh is a Pai Mei or something. Like Edmond, he hit a lottery with Conor. Else, he would've been stuck with Paddy Holohon and Artem Lobotomy and other hacks.

Conor actually did receive the majority of his striking training from other coaches and from other gyms. The people who should be getting the most credit for Conor's success are Conor's striking coaches, guys like: Own roddy, Phil Sutcliffe Sr, Paschal Collins, and the various other boxing gyms that helped build Conor's striking.

Kavanagh is primarily a BJJ guy and that's why Conor's got such Good bjj.............................

Last edited:
It's always been a stupid comparison that stupid people have made. The only similarity that the two have is that they have a top star at their relatively small gyms. A lot more people would probably want to train with Kavanaugh if his gym was stateside.
Kav might annoy some people with his tweets, but he is harmless compared to the toxic douche fumes that Edmond emits

Kavanagh may not be on the level of a Greg Jackson, but I think he's actually a good coach and Edmond is just a parasite con-artist who latched onto a talented and driven fighter.

Edmond has also trained a 3 division boxing champion in Vic Darchinyan, besides fighting professionally, both in MMA and Muay Thai.

7.jpg

He certainly has been exposed as a shitty MMA coach, who ruins gifted fighters by turning them into sloppy, limp wristed jabbers. But let's not pretend as if Kavanagh is a Pai Mei or something. Like Edmond, he hit a lottery with Conor. Else, he would've been stuck with Paddy Holohon and Artem Lobotomy and other hacks.
Pai Mei and Artem Lobotomy <41>

Back