I don't see Marty losing another fight at WW

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Not a big fan of him per say, but he is an absolute tank and I honestly don't see him losing to anyone in the top 10 of the division as it stands.

I thought Woodley was a tough matchup for him going into that fight because of Tyron's KO power and TDD but he proved me wrong. Usman ran through Woodley like nothing.

That said, it's hard to see who he loses to from here on out. He knocked Woodley, RDA, Colby out the way and I think he's a tough matchup for Mas, WB, Edwards, and even guys like Ponzi (if he's still fighting).

Whether you're a fan of his or not, put that aside, do you agree with me?

I think a (healthy) Kelvin Gastelum could beat him at welterweight.
I don't think this happens any time soon though.

Otherwise i'd like to see Wonderboy against him, considering he didn't do bad against Woodley and is apparently quite hard to take down, mainly due to his footwork.

Edwards rematch is probably the toughest fight left for him stylistically, but obviously he'd be the clear favourite there too. So yeah, now Colby and Woodley are out of the way hes probably gonna keep that belt for a while.

LOL @ the people mentioning Wonderboy.
Delusional. <Lmaoo>

Not a big fan of him per say, but he is an absolute tank and I honestly don't see him losing to anyone in the top 10 of the division as it stands.

I thought Woodley was a tough matchup for him going into that fight because of Tyron's KO power and TDD but he proved me wrong. Usman ran through Woodley like nothing.

That said, it's hard to see who he loses to from here on out. He knocked Woodley, RDA, Colby out the way and I think he's a tough matchup for Mas, WB, Edwards, and even guys like Ponzi (if he's still fighting).

Whether you're a fan of his or not, put that aside, do you agree with me?

usman has looked really solid but in his last fight he looked pretty hittable, we know colby got pillow hands. Edwards and Ponzi has the best chance if they arre not grinded for 5 rounds.

I had it in my head that the winner of Usman/Colby was the absolute best WW on the roster. I stand by that, but I'll admit, I am a bit more skeptical of Usman's chin after seeing Colby rock him a bit.

He showed incredible grit and a hell of a chin in that war, so it only made his stock rise tremendously. But, as for the long-term dominance, I do wonder if his chin will always be there for him. Guys like Masvidal, Conor, and Ponzinnibbio could crack that thing open. Leon Edwards, whom I consider the top contender, has already lost a typical Usman fight to Usman, but if he's able to keep it standing, he could be the one.

I felt the same way about Rockhold (after winning the belt) that I do about Usman. To be fair, Rockhold had lost twice by tko, and Usman has only lost via RNC early in his career (and has since survived Demian Maia). I thought Rockhold would kill everyone.

Still, I favor Usman over everybody until he loses. Colby is the only guy who has given him a close fight in the UFC.

Rory Macdonald would fuck him UP too.
GSP would 50-41 this dude.
And realistcly Conor has a great chance of KO him

LOL @ the people mentioning Wonderboy.
Delusional. <Lmaoo>
How about you enlighten us about how they match up against each other?
From someone like you i obviously expect more than "Wonderboy may've looked okay against Woodley, but Woodley got wrestlef*cked by Usman" as this would be ignoring matchups.

Not saying Wonderboy will definitely beat Usman by the way, i just wonder (pun not intended) how Usman would do against a striker that's hard to track down.

He is very hittable, sooner or later somebody will catch him.

Woodley and Colby were two tough fights for completely different reasons and Usman managed to beat them both in pretty solid fashion. I do believe his toughest fights are behind him. He dominated/finished the two best wrestlers in the division so I have a hard time seeing how he doesn't just wrestlefuck the rest of his opponents. If he decides to fight like a dumbass and act like he is a striker, then he'll get exposed badly.

I mostly agree. Marty is a beast in his division.
I'd like to see him fight Wonderboy though.

I think Woodley with a better gameplan is capable of beating him. Woodleys biggest problem is his inactivity since the lose. He has the power to put Usman out

Why are people mentioning Ponz? Guy's not even ranked.

I think Geoff Neal is a true dark horse and has a better chance against Usman than most of the top 15.

Also, if Gilbert Burns beats Maia like I think he will, he'd become a threat. Usman would probably decision Burns, but Burns isn't an easy matchup for him.

Back