I don't see Marty losing another fight at WW

Not a big fan of him per say, but he is an absolute tank and I honestly don't see him losing to anyone in the top 10 of the division as it stands.

I thought Woodley was a tough matchup for him going into that fight because of Tyron's KO power and TDD but he proved me wrong. Usman ran through Woodley like nothing.

That said, it's hard to see who he loses to from here on out. He knocked Woodley, RDA, Colby out the way and I think he's a tough matchup for Mas, WB, Edwards, and even guys like Ponzi (if he's still fighting).

Whether you're a fan of his or not, put that aside, do you agree with me?
I think Wonderboy styles on him for 5 rounds. Hopefully that fight gets made.

I could see Colby winning a rematch. I could see Woodley winning a rematch. I could see Leon Edwards winning. I could see Geoff Neal maybe winning.
But yeah, he's a tank. He's a bad matchup for anyone.

Im not seeing it happen anytime soon, but, if Whittaker were to return to 170... Man he'd make Usman look like a child. The best TDD in the game with good striking and power.

Not a big fan of him per say, but he is an absolute tank and I honestly don't see him losing to anyone in the top 10 of the division as it stands.

I thought Woodley was a tough matchup for him going into that fight because of Tyron's KO power and TDD but he proved me wrong. Usman ran through Woodley like nothing.

That said, it's hard to see who he loses to from here on out. He knocked Woodley, RDA, Colby out the way and I think he's a tough matchup for Mas, WB, Edwards, and even guys like Ponzi (if he's still fighting).

colby nearly beat him... you need watch more fights man. everybodyyyyy is beatable

I think there's guys that can beat him. Masvidal might, that's why we tune in.

Either way, I certainly look forward to seeing him fight again. Hopefully sooner than later.

I think a (healthy) Kelvin Gastelum could beat him at welterweight.
I don't think this happens any time soon though.

Otherwise i'd like to see Wonderboy against him, considering he didn't do bad against Woodley and is apparently quite hard to take down, mainly due to his footwork.[/QUOTA}

Agree with Wonderboy.

That would most likely be Usman's worst match up left.

3/4 of sherdog said the same thing about Woodley a few years ago. Were you one of them?

usman has looked really solid but in his last fight he looked pretty hittable, we know colby got pillow hands. Edwards and Ponzi has the best chance if they arre not grinded for 5 rounds.
Edwards isn't exactly a finisher when it comes to striking.

I hope Kamaru dominates a couple more fights because I'd like to see Colby rematch him.

Actually, if Jorge beats Kamaru and Colby wins a fight, would they make that bad blood match? They might. Although I guess Leon would have to get his turn.

I think he's a very tough match up for anyone who's a grappler, no one is beating him at that aspect at 170. The touch style match ups and who can beat him are the strikers who can move and defend the takedown. Like Wonderboy or Ponzi. All it takes is one shot to get a finish.

Agreed. He has the cardio. A giant head and chin. great grappling and good enough striking. Colby was the only one. Mas will get outgrappled easily. I actually would have liked to see askren vs usman. More competitive than people think.

I don’t either cause he barely fights

They all lose to father time... soon or later.

Only if he is retiring .

He almost lost his last fight and has bad knees. He could definitely lose rematches against Colby or Leon Scott.

Back