I dont see HOW porier beats Khabib, hes gonna get rag dolled

JPM1223

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Say your prayers, will be more brutal than the Barbosa fight

Dustin will clap a man over with power, fam.

Poirier will definitely put up a fight unlike Barboza.

Yeah , even Conor fully trained his training camp in defensive wrestling + a slice of cheating got owned by Khabib

If he punches him hard enough he might knock him out

Some kind of crazy armbar in a scramble early in the fight is the only way I see him winning.

He’ll just fucking go
lTJcxZV.gif
in his face

Last edited:
poirier will make a fight out of it, but he will either get finished late or battered to a wide decision.

khabib will have to earn it, but he isn't losing this.

Poirier can wrestle, he has 5 round cardio, power in both hands, has great boxing defense, and he has submission skills.

Kinda bizarre that people are willing to dismiss Poirier's chances after winning 4 rounds against Max Holloway in a majority striking match

Poirier can wrestle, he has 5 round cardio, power in both hands, has great boxing defense, and he has submission skills.

Kinda bizarre that people are willing to dismiss Poirier's chances after winning 4 rounds against Max Holloway in a majority striking match

Poirer has shown he has good cardio over 5 rounds of STRIKING. Even then there were times he was gassing but Max couldn't capitalise unfortunately for him. Cardio for striking and wrestling are 2 different animals, remember that.

I wouldn't exactly use Poirer's performance vs Holloway as a parameter for a Khabib matchup. Completely different. The threat of the TD, is always a HUGE factor vs Khabib , and it will restrict Poirer's striking..

Khabib, Conor and Tony would all kill him. He is not on that level.

Porier is an interim champ via luck and coincidence.

If Max ever decides to make LW via exercising instead of drinking more water, he would kill him too.

Dustin is the weakest champ ever in my opinion.

Do you guys think prime Tiger could have competed in the UFC? I think he would be WW champ with 6 months training

Poirier has one of the lowest TDD percentages out of everyone Khabib has fought. Best case scenario he makes it look like the Iaquinta fight but he's not as good of a wrestler and scrambler as Al.

I don't love Dustin's chances but who knows.

Khabib is just gonna drag him down and beat on him until the round ends or the ref steps in.

giphy.gif

It s not bizarre. Poirier excels at attrition punching matches.

Khabib plays an entirely different game, though and I don't see Poirier defending Khabib's TD, nor KOing him. Don't forget that Poirier is not a one punch KO guy and that Khabib has a skull made of iron.

Khabib would be at least a -300 favorite.Shutup we already know.Wouldn't mind watching though.

Back