"I don't like to visit other people's homes"

steve38

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So I've had a new friend for a few months now, an older retired expat here. We hang out about once a week at a bar, eatery, or pizzeria...and always have a good time and good convo. Really nice guy and our wives have become friends, too. But I've invited him over a few times and he always has an excuse as to why he can't come.

Well, yesterday he admitted that he isn't comfortable visiting the homes of other people. I didn't push the issue, as he seemed uncomfortable discussing it. Sounds like some sort of controlling behavior, anxiety or neurosis. Is this a real thing? Or is he just a nut? Anyone you know like that?

Never heard of anything like it although I never felt comfortable shitting at other people’s homes.

Sometimes, people don't feel they're being treated as they treat their visits and don't like to be the visitors because of that.

Cheers

It is pretty obvious he wants to hang out with you in a public place. It is most likely because you look like a creep and he doesn't want to end up in your freezer.

Maybe the guy has some bowel problems and doesn't want to stink up your place with his heinous shits. Or, maybe he was abducted and turned into a sex slave the last time a "friend" invited him over.

It is pretty obvious he wants to hang out with you in a public place. It is most likely because you look like a creep and he doesn't want to end up in your freezer.
haha...was waiting for this response. Actually he keeps inviting me to his house, too.

haha...was waiting for this response. Actually he keeps inviting me to his house.

So have you taken up his invitation yet? If you haven't gone to his house after multiple invitations then you are probably as weird as him.

So I've had a new friend for a few months now, an older retired expat here. We hang out about once a week at a bar, eatery, or pizzeria...and always have a good time and good convo. Really nice guy and our wives have become friends, too. But I've invited him over a few times and he always has an excuse as to why he can't come.

Well, yesterday he admitted that he isn't comfortable visiting the homes of other people. I didn't push the issue, as he seemed uncomfortable discussing it. Sounds like some sort of controlling behavior, anxiety or neurosis. Is this a real thing? Or is he just a nut? Anyone you know like that?
Uhhhhh...maybe he thinks you're going to slaughter him and his old lady!

So have you taken up his invitation yet? If you haven't gone to his house after multiple invitations then you are probably as weird as him.
My excuses are legit, with work, child, lack of transport, etc. He's retired and does nothing all day. Much easier for him to come when invited, than for me to do the same.

My excuses are legit, with work, child, lack of transport, etc. He's retired and does nothing all day. Much easier for him to come when invited, than for me to do the same.

You are fooling nobody. It is pretty obvious you have a fear of visiting other peoples home.

Yeah, it's some sort of controlling behavior, anxiety or neurosis.
The specific form isn't overly common, afaik. I've never known anyone irl that had it.

Honestly, I don't love going to other people's houses either for the most part. It's their place, their domain, and I'm an outsider.

I can eventually get over this if I am close enough to the person I'm visiting and I go enough times to where I feel at home, but I never like it initially.

he knows you're on the 'dog bro.

We are all crazy in our own ways man, as long as we dont harm anybody its nobodys business. just leave him alone

Maybe he likes to smoke mad weed and only feels comfortable doing it at his place.

i don't like going to others homes or inviting people to mine. When I go visit people I feel like I have to put on a show as in not be myself fully. Having to laugh at my friends wife lame jokes or pretending that their pets jumping on you is not an issue etc etc. I'm going to hate the week long stay at my inlaws.

Never heard of anything like it although I never felt comfortable shitting at other people’s homes.

especially when it's a real big one and once you flush its just a coincidence that shit stains are left inside the bowl and you can't really wipe it totally off...LOL

happened to me many times unfortunately

Back