I don't like how the post-fight press conference has changed

The8Trifecta

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Under the previous owners, I enjoyed how all the fighters were up on stage at the same time and Dana White mainly facilitated. Now you have to wait for fighters to talk one by one and Dana White is hardly in the picture. It was intriguing to see the fighter's interaction after the fight on stage. I just don't watch the post fight press conferences anymore and miss how it was.

Dana White seems less front and center in these events. It all just seems more diluted now.

Do you all feel the same, and are here other changes you like or dislike?

I absolutely agree. I hate the new format.
Look at the absolute shitshow that was the summer-press-conference. No Dana there and everyone goes fucking apeshit and is fucking cringeworthy beyond repair.

I don't even watch them anymore. There's no tension between the winners/losers. E.g Luke vs Bisping post conf.

Anyway, Aldo never turns up when he loses........stopped being a fan with his diva attitude....

Yeah, it was great seeing the losers eat crow.

Yeah

Stupid

And takes a lot longer

I would guess that they're trying to be a little more serious about the fighting game. After all, what happens inside the cage is what matters, right?

What does Dana have to do with it?

I like the new format better. A lot better, you can just watch the interviews you care about. It's not even a contest imo.

The old format was better for producing stupid drama.

Thank Bisping and Rockhold for ruining it. They acted like morons up there

Their reasoning was that way everyone has an opportunity to be asked questions rather than the main card fighters. Agree it sucks.

I don't even watch them anymore. There's no tension between the winners/losers. E.g Luke vs Bisping post conf.

Anyway, Aldo never turns up when he loses........stopped being a fan with his diva attitude....

When a fighter loses by knockout or by a prolonged TKO like in Aldo's losses, they should be in the hospital and not the press conference.

Be a fan of who you want but claiming to not be a fan of someone anymore because they missed the press conference after a KO/TKO loss is pathetic. I doubt you were really ever a fan tbh.

When a fighter loses by knockout or by a prolonged TKO like in Aldo's losses, they should be in the hospital and not the press conference.

Be a fan of who you want but claiming to not be a fan of someone anymore because they missed the press conference after a KO/TKO loss is pathetic. I doubt you were really ever a fan tbh.
Right. What does he want Aldo to say lol

Thank Bisping and Rockhold for ruining it. They acted like morons up there
It was all Rockhold. Of course, going off on Bisping was the second mistake Rockhold made that night. Watching Bisping dismantle somebody with a mental disability may not be PC, but I enjoyed it.

I would guess that they're trying to be a little more serious about the fighting game. After all, what happens inside the cage is what matters, right?

No. I need more news about Conor's fresh rentals.

well put TS, i feel the same
there is no thrill and it is not even worth wasting the time to watch

Agreed. I used to look forward to the post-fight press conferences. The new format is so terrible that I don't even watch them anymore.

Under the previous owners, I enjoyed how all the fighters were up on stage at the same time and Dana White mainly facilitated. Now you have to wait for fighters to talk one by one and Dana White is hardly in the picture. It was intriguing to see the fighter's interaction after the fight on stage. I just don't watch the post fight press conferences anymore and miss how it was.

Dana White seems less front and center in these events. It all just seems more diluted now.

Do you all feel the same, and are here other changes you like or dislike?
I agree with you.....I would rather watch paint dry - than watch the NEW format.......it is so damn boring...they have taken all of the suspense out of it....used to be sometimes the post fight interview was more entertaining than the fight....now it's sterile, regulated, routine bullshit!! Like you I have not watched the post fight interviews since the format changed and don't plan too....they could cancel the post fight interviews IMO and no one would care.....

Yup, the new format sucks. I don't watch them any more.

there's more focus on everyone now, I think it's better

Pros:
-Everyone gets asked questions, rather than the same fighters getting asked the same questions, while other fighters are stuck up there being bored.
Cons:
-Take too long
-Sometimes by the end, the media gets tired, and is ready to pack it in by the last fighters (e.g, Waterson got asked way fewer questions than PVZ, who just got choked out by Waterson).

I disagree. For every one where there was an interesting interaction under the old method, there were 10 slogs of awkwardly disjointed questions pingponging at a few fighters and the rest bored stiff staring out to space. At least the new format provides a continuity of questioning so you can get a coherent sense of what someone's thinking.

Back