I don't know who'll win, but Conor is definitely Aldo's toughest test.

thetan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
All McGoat and Aldo fanboys aside, this is going to be Aldo's toughest fight. Anyone who disagrees is just being a hater. I'm not picking either to win yet, I honestly don't know. Conor's movement and striking are insane, his reach and distance re insane, he's a beast. The Aldo that fought KZ and Lamas won't beat Conor, Aldo needs to bring his A game.

Let's stop saying one or the other is going to win by annihilation, let's be honest and admit these are two insanely talented fighters and it's going to be a war. I say we sit back and enjoy the ride, I haven't been this pumped for a UFC fight in ages.

ok ok relax big dog, Aldo isnt phased by the big talk or the tomato crushing conor.
your right lets see what happens. then lick his arsehole.

The first Mendes fight was his biggest test. You saw what happened there...

Fools keep discrediting Mendes. Derps.

Sure.. Because Frankie Edgar and Chad Mendes were scrubs... Let's just pretend that FE wasn't a long term champ in the division above FW.

Mendes and even Frankie were/are bigger challenges than McGregor.

Aldo's worst performances were against other strikers. Hominick and KZ both did fine against him, although they lost.

But OMG, Conor is gonna DIE! He's gonna OBLITERATE him.

Aldo will have his moments but it's going to be a short fight. Conor will take him out in the second.

Edgar
Mendes
Faber
Florian
Swanson
MTB
Lamas
KZ
Maybe Mcgregor could go here but Hominick is close.

I'm really interested in seeing how many fans actually stay when he loses.

This scenario reminds me of the time when Dan Hardy was gifted a shot against GSP. Like Hardy, Conner is another fighter that increases potential revenue for the organization by catering to the international fan demographic. He's received an easier route to a title bid by beating good, but not great, competition. I imagine he'll come up short against Aldo and all of the wrestlers he has to face in an attempt to work his way back up the ladder.

Chad Mendes,Frankie Edgar,Chan Sung Jung,Cub Swanson,Urijah Faber,Mike Thomas Brown and Ricardo Lamas are miles ahead of Connor.

It's not the toughest or most proven but it's certainly the most unique challenge he's faced since Frankie Edgar. I mean the Frankie fight was a true gift for the fans , an absolute mega fight so it's tough to compete with that sort of hype amongst knowledgeable fans but make no qualms conor is for real , he's dangerous, he's athletic , he's smart , and most importantly he's on fire.

Not even remotely close to Aldo's toughest test. Mendes is Aldo's toughest test and will probably remain so

Back