I dont get

Man you guys would have hated Randy.
I've been watching since 2007 and have seen most of Randy's fights lol. I don't care if someone wins in a boring way now and then. It's just all the snobby pretending. Sometimes shit is boring it's ok.

Then I bet that wouldn't have happened is your opponent was better at the fighting game.
Well being better does tend to help with not losing lmao. Some would even say it's a primary ingredient. I dunno why people keep telling me it's not against the rules to be boring. I watched Jon Fitch's entire career.

It's also nothing to celebrate and it sounds really silly when people go the route of "it was great if you know what you're watching" Nah lmao holding someone down ain't no technical masterpiece.

Well being better does tend to help with not losing lmao. Some would even say it's a primary ingredient. I dunno why people keep telling me it's not against the rules to be boring. I watched Jon Fitch's entire career.

It's also nothing to celebrate and it sounds really silly when people go the route of "it was great if you know what you're watching"

Here's the thing. I can't disagree with you if you find it boring...
Nah lmao holding someone down ain't no technical masterpiece.
...but this is factually incorrect. It takes a lot of skill to dominate with wrestling like that.

We really talking about earning things on the night OMalley lost the most manufactured champion status in MMA history

That guy never earned shit
I'm not sure what O'Malley has to do with Val tapping out in her first fight against Grasso. But yes, I'm talking about when a fighter makes the decision to quit in a fight, they shouldn't be gifted an instant rematch.

I'm not sure what O'Malley has to do with Val tapping out in her first fight against Grasso. But yes, I'm talking about when a fighter makes the decision to quit in a fight, they shouldn't be gifted an instant rematch.
It’s very simple

Keep re reading the post until you get it

You wanted to talk about earned, merit or deserved

Obvious comparison is obvious

It’s very simple

Keep re reading the post until you get it

You wanted to talk about earned, merit or deserved

Obvious comparison is obvious
When did O'Malley, as champ, tap out and then get an instant rematch? There literally is no comparison.

When did O'Malley, as champ, tap out and then get an instant rematch? There literally is no comparison.
The comparison was clearly around people deserving or earning things

You can’t talk about earned or deserved when it comes to a guy who got the most gifted and manufactured title shot in the companies history

I was clear about what comparison I was making. You can’t create a similar but different one and say my argument doesn’t work

The comparison was clearly around people deserving or earning things

You can’t talk about earned or deserved when it comes to a guy who got the most gifted and manufactured title shot in the companies history

I was clear about what comparison I was making. You can’t create a similar but different one and say my argument doesn’t work
Sure I can. You're argument doesn't work.

Sure I can. You're argument doesn't work.
Yes. Yes it does.

You aren’t for people getting freebies. I sad it was daft to feel that strongly about the topic in a thread about OMalley who was one of the most manufactured UFC careers ever. The logic is perfectly sound. You like OMalley so wish to deny it. That’s cool. You do you.

Why is it that if someone has a different opinion than you, there must be some definitive bias (my favorite fighter lost) to completely wash away the validity of their argument? Guys act like point-fighter champions only had one bout in their UFC careers and it was the one that got them the belt. The overall style isn't the problem. Khabib and Islam are not Aljo and Merab. Guys are allowed to have an off night or grind out a win here and there. One fight is not an appropriate sample size. Zoom out.

1726835841169.png

The best way to remove any discrepancies is to finish the fight. Like Grasso did in the first fight.

The second fight never needed to happen considering Val literally quit in the first fight when she tapped out. No one should get an instant rematch if they quit. Go pick up a win or two and earn the rematch.
Eh. You are correct that Grasso should get her flowers for finishing the first fight. That was an incredible performance. She was very clearly losing until that happened though. Val won the rematch in most people's eyes, just not the three that mattered. She was quite deserving of that immediate rematch too. WMMA has a shallow talent pool when compared to the men's divisions and there are several examples of immediate rematches (agree or disagree with them at the time) to set a precedence. She's well above the level of every other challenger in the division and showed plenty of signs that she was also better than the champ during their first fight. Shevchenko isn't young enough to climb that hill again and no one would have been surprised when she inevitably did. Outcome of the trilogy fight only adds validity to all of this.

Here's the thing. I can't disagree with you if you find it boring...

...but this is factually incorrect. It takes a lot of skill to dominate with wrestling like that.
Nah wrestling takes skill what I meant is the snobby crowd that acts like the people that don't enjoy lnp are just too dumb to understand it. I've watched thousands of fights I definitely get the intricacies of body, body, head.

<5>

Eh. You are correct that Grasso should get her flowers for finishing the first fight. That was an incredible performance. She was very clearly losing until that happened though. Val won the rematch in most people's eyes, just not the three that mattered. She was quite deserving of that immediate rematch too. WMMA has a shallow talent pool when compared to the men's divisions and there are several examples of immediate rematches (agree or disagree with them at the time) to set a precedence. She's well above the level of every other challenger in the division and showed plenty of signs that she was also better than the champ during their first fight. Shevchenko isn't young enough to climb that hill again and no one would have been surprised when she inevitably did. Outcome of the trilogy fight only adds validity to all of this.
I generally agree with your take but there really isn't any precedence when it comes to which champs get instant rematches when they lose. Aljo didn't get one when Sean knocked him out. And of course the most obvious was Jose Aldo not getting one either. I'm not saying Val needed to climb through the rankings again, but asking her to pick up just one win shouldn't be out of the question considering how she lost her belt. No one expected Grasso to win that first fight, and certainly not the way she won. That's why its better to actually have these fighters fight rather than just assume what would happen if they did fight.

it really should not be that complex of a concept tbh (except for SuperAlly, but he's doing exceptionally well with what little thinking capacities he has 💪🏻).

If you try game the outcome, try to win by points, doesnt matter if its striking or crotchsniffing (=! grappling, for the retards) you wont be as popular as if you try to eliminate and render your opponent unconscious. It's simple, calm your jimmies.

If I wanted to see two grown men cuddling for 25 minutes I'd go to the gay section of PH

Most people on here never did any grappling sport. It is the same when people watch professional boxing who never fought and then claim they could do a better job because they are not scared like those guys (I heard stuff like that IRL not joking).

Most fight fans dont know shit about fighting, sad but true.

I generally agree with your take but there really isn't any precedence when it comes to which champs get instant rematches when they lose. Aljo didn't get one when Sean knocked him out. And of course the most obvious was Jose Aldo not getting one either. I'm not saying Val needed to climb through the rankings again, but asking her to pick up just one win shouldn't be out of the question considering how she lost her belt. No one expected Grasso to win that first fight, and certainly not the way she won. That's why its better to actually have these fighters fight rather than just assume what would happen if they did fight.
You're right. Kamaru got the rematch after Leon sent him to the shadow realm. DC got to take an easier fight with Derrick Lewis before fighting Stipe again, while Stipe had to give DC an immediate rematch. You make a good point regarding a lack of consistency. Precedence was probably too strong of a statement in hindsight lol

Aljo got his ass beat to become the champ. In my eyes, his rematch was fighting Petr again as his first defense. That being said, I'm a big fan of Petr and can't stand Aljo, so I'm bias. But I still don't think his accomplishments warranted a rematch with Sean. Jose Aldo got fucked over to protect a cash cow plain and simple. Shevchenko has been untouchable as champ for years and Grasso is no superstar that "justifies" protecting. That's why I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. Agree 100% about letting them fight rather than assuming what would happen if they did too

Last edited:
Not trying to be argumentative, as we agree on the subject more than we disagree...but I am a bit curious. If Shev wouldn't have tapped and went to sleep instead, does that change your opinion? Is your stance strictly tied to willingly quitting or does it more broadly cover any and all stoppages?

Back