I dont care how many times you've been hit......

Fzubek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ive been boxing for almost 3 years now, and Ive been hit alot, but I still cant take the feeling of a good solid punch to the nose, DAMN! My eyes start to water and everything fogs up, baaaad feeling. Im usually pretty good about keeping my chin tucked, and hands up, but every now and then, like today, a good punch smacks you there, it sucks...... And usually when the adrenaline is pumping you feel nothing, but I still feel those god damn punches, ha!

So what are your guys feeling about it? Are you affected the same?

have you ever broken your nose? I have heard that is the most painful, and once you feel it, and it doesnt mentally break you, that pain is more tolerable, simply because it is less.

No I havent broken my nose yet.

neither have I. I honestly think once the nose is broken, you no longer worry about getting hit, because that is supposedly the most painful thing there is. Do you understand what I am saying? I mean sure it will still hurt, but you might think, "Well it didn't hurt as bad as that one time." And maybe that one time wasn't even that bad.

I guess that makes some wild sense, I am the same with the nose punches. I can take a good shot to the head, but stick one straight to the nose and the feeling is just horrible. My eyes water like crazy and I feel stupid like I'm crying. I guess there's really nothing you can do about it.. maybe someone who has indeed had their nose broken can enlighten us if it will in fact make it not so bad.

I've been hit in the nose so many times, but have never gotten a bloody nose or broken nose, I dont know how this can be, I've even been hit with a baseball to the nose...

When I broke my nose it didnt hurt at all.

I've had my nose broken (elbow strike) and it hurt obviously but it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says. Getting hit in the nose only causes me one problem, sneezing. Everytime I get hit in the nose I take a nasty sneezing fit that lasts for a long ass time.

I've broken my nose 9 times and it still stings and makes my eyes water when i get hit with a good shot there.

villin said:
I've had my nose broken (elbow strike) and it hurt obviously but it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says. Getting hit in the nose only causes me one problem, sneezing. Everytime I get hit in the nose I take a nasty sneezing fit that lasts for a long ass time.

Whoa! Im not the only person that wants to sneeze after being hit in the nose!

When I broke mine it hurt for a few seconds, but then it just turns into a throbbing pain which is tolerable. You never get use to the pain, but mentally you know what to expect and don't fear the unknown I guess.

Yeah, I know what to expect, but I think its one of the best punches to stun an opponent, ecspecially if you got a quick jab with some snap on it, tag em right on the nose and you can dish out a sweet combo.

My nose is pointy and big. Just learning kickboxing. Hoping it doesn't get too broken.

I dunno for me getting hit in the nose/face area dosent bother me I dont really get hit in the nose that often the thing that got me the most was when i got popped right under my eye and it got busted open, this was standing up in a karate class a while back the whole left side of my face was tingling and was bleeding pretty bad, had a black eye for about a week or so and now have a scar from it but in the end its just a hit.

I've had my nose broken twice and it doesn't hurt as much as you might think, just don't blow it :p

For me it isn't so much the pain but it just pisses blood like motherfucker. If mine get's broke I have a hard time fighting afterwards. After Vitor broke Tito's it hardly blead at all. Must be nice .

I also had my nose broken twice. Not in fights. It actually didnt hurt that much. But about one year ago, i had to have my septum fixed because it was in a weird shape from the two brakes. And that hurt!

graedy said:
I also had my nose broken twice. Not in fights. It actually didnt hurt that much. But about one year ago, i had to have my septum fixed because it was in a weird shape from the two brakes. And that hurt!

No sexy Lebanner nose? So tell me, could you have left it the way it was and would it have healed back to good strength, just ugly? I know Lebanner's nose is fine, just healed incorrectly.

The nose itself was straight. A little bit wrecked but... The septum is inside the nose.

graedy said:
The nose itself was straight. A little bit wrecked but... The septum is inside the nose.

Ahh...Ill have to do some studying.

Back