I dont care how many times you've been hit......

the person who got his nose broken 9 times isn't the bad ass, its the people who broke it that are the badass's haha
when i was 18 i walked straight into a wild right hook by a bouncer in liverpool, it exploded and i couldn't see cos of the tears, i was drunk so it didn't really hurt, but my mum wanted me to go to the hospital to check it out the next day, i did and the doctor said "its very very hard to actually break your nose because its mostly cartilage (sp?), most of the time its just badly bruised" after that i had a blocked nose all the time and it gradually got worse, after a year or so i went to the doctor to check what was up and he said "you've previously broken your nose and the bone has completely healed over your nasal passage"
the first doctor was fucking wrong and now i have to have something called rhino septo plasty (sp?) to chip away the bone
one of the side effects of it is for the first few months afterward i will sometimes cry uncontrollably
my advice, if you know something is up, be more forceful and make doctors take an x-ray

CowboyPete said:
hah! I've got a "lucky" eye like that. I've got stitches in my right eyebrow. The first time I got them was from jumping head first into the the edge of a card door. I was six or seven years old and running from my older brother at the time and fucked up the angles... needless to say we didn't make it to church that morning. The second time I split open the same wound was a few months later when I was again, running from my older brother, tripped and banged my head on the corner of an organ (again, church related). A couple years later, a german shepherd bit me in the face. I have scar tissue from that on my eyelid, right under the lashes. I've never had it hanging out of my head though...

I was in shock though so everything was kinda numb. Untill the doctor started stitching me up. 124 stitches, and there was so much skin missing form my face the novacane would just bleed right out. It healed up amazingly well though. I really didnt know how bad it was untill this kid I went to HS with who was a volunteer fire fightr showed up and kept telling me not to touch my face, then the paramedics wrapped my face in gauze. All in all it was a shitty day.

Wow... that is fucking vicious. I think I got 2 stitches only both times over my eye. The scars must look badass.

Trudge said:
the person who got his nose broken 9 times isn't the bad ass, its the people who broke it that are the badass's haha
when i was 18 i walked straight into a wild right hook by a bouncer in liverpool, it exploded and i couldn't see cos of the tears, i was drunk so it didn't really hurt, but my mum wanted me to go to the hospital to check it out the next day, i did and the doctor said "its very very hard to actually break your nose because its mostly cartilage (sp?), most of the time its just badly bruised" after that i had a blocked nose all the time and it gradually got worse, after a year or so i went to the doctor to check what was up and he said "you've previously broken your nose and the bone has completely healed over your nasal passage"
the first doctor was fucking wrong and now i have to have something called rhino septo plasty (sp?) to chip away the bone
one of the side effects of it is for the first few months afterward i will sometimes cry uncontrollably
my advice, if you know something is up, be more forceful and make doctors take an x-ray

Man that's pretty shitty, hope the rhino septo plasty or whatever it's called goes well.

I'd rather get hit in the nose than hit in the liver.

I'd rather get hit in the opponents head, to tell the truth.

I've broken my nose, and boy does that hurt.

And I am the same way, a good punch to the nose will make ANYONE fog up, and dazed..

My nose consist mostly of really soft cartiladge so I could get punched a billion times and it wouldn't break. Kinda great. But I've gotten a bandy club (imagine indoor hockey, sort of) on my nose at the bridge and got a crack in the bone. Blood was flowing out like god damn water on tap.

The doctor tried to put it back in place and had to use these steel pliers that he put up my nostrils and pushed the bone as hard as he could. And that was the worst pain I've ever had to endure. EVER. He couldn't even finish the job because of how much pain I was in. So I have a little red scar/mark up there but it's all good.

I learned this a while back from a pro boxer....................

I purchased that facesaver headgear from www.fightgear.com http://store.yahoo.com/fightgear/facesaver.html

I have not hurt my nose in training ever, it just makes sense..... why risk injury when training ? I just wear this headgear and I dont worry about. Sure the vision is not as good but it makes me more aware of punches.

when i fight, i am willing to take a risk of breaking my nose. but im getting paid so it does not matter to me.

why get injured in training ?

When I first started muay thai a few years ago, nose shots made my eyes water a lot and it hurt like a bitch. Eventually I gained a tolerance to it, maybe I'm just a lucky one though.

damn...I was blessed with in-cauliflowerable ears, but my nose....shiiiiit....

My experience was a bit bearable, I was still capable of delivering a massive counter-attack.

One of the worst things that can happen is you lose your sense of taste.

I got hit bloody well in the nose in a spar and it took me weeks to enjoy a good meal.

Back