I don’t understand people who regret voting for trump

648189_v2.jpg

Holy fuck... Is that a real tweet???

There's nothing wrong with supporting, or not supporting, Donald Trump. Everybody has the right to agree with him or disagree.

But there have been like a dozen threads made by people that pretend to be confused over why people don't like Donald Trump. As if it is hard to figure out why somebody might dislike him or regret voting for him. Nobody is that oblivious. Even if you absolutely love Donald Trump, it has to be pretty easy to understand why so many people think he is a pretty terrible President. Making a thread like, "I don't get it! Why is he unpopular?!" is just bad trolling or clickbait.

One at a time. That was true. Again, you're just blindly accepting talking points. All of the points you're parroting have been debunked except the sniper fire thing. By repeating them, you're just illustrating the point for me. The path is partisanship --> need to discredit other party candidate --> portray her as dishonest despite a record of honesty --> partisans dislike. Not dishonesty-->dislike.

Obviously you are just accepting talking points, though. There's no way you're independently concluding that someone with Clinton's record is dishonest. It's just that GOP strategists found it easier to convince rubes that a relatively honest person is a liar than they did to convince anyone that Trump was presidential material.

I'll just leave this here for the rest of us "rubes"

FBI investigators reviewed the 30,000 emails Clinton turned over to the State Department in 2014. The investigation found "a very small number" contained classification markings at the time they were sent.

In total, the investigation found 110 emails in 52 email chains containing information that was classified at the time it was sent or received. Eight chains contained top secret information, the highest level of classification, 36 chains contained secret information, and the remaining eight contained confidential information.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ndings-tear-holes-hillary-clintons-email-def/

How does anyone who wants what's best for America not regret Trump winning? We could have had a highly intelligent, highly qualified president with a strong platform, and instead we have an embarrassment who has bungled everything he's touched so far and makes a fool of himself on social media daily.

Just because you believe all these things doesn't make it so.

You are no different then the blind supporters of Trump with your support of Hillary .

Trump sure wasn't my first choice but I'll take him all day over Hillary.

I don't expect you to agree but that's l8fe.

Yes.

People voted this man in for president.

Holy shit!!! Fucking Trump man.

What is even more amazing is that some people, many people will defend shit.like this not because they really agree but because its their side that said it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you believe all these things doesn't make it so.

You are no different then the blind supporters of Trump with your support of Hillary .

Trump sure wasn't my first choice but I'll take him all day over Hillary.

I don't expect you to agree but that's l8fe.

You won't see any real-word examples of me being a blind supporter of anyone. The only reason at this point for anyone to think that Trump is better than Clinton would have been is that they put partisanship over country and morality.

You won't see any real-word examples of me being a blind supporter of anyone. The only reason at this point for anyone to think that Trump is better than Clinton would have been is that they put partisanship over country and morality.

No the country would have moved in the wrong direction if she won. Wrong for the majority of the country anyway.

No the country would have moved in the wrong direction if she won. Wrong for the majority of the country anyway.

The majority of the country aren't rich investors or set to inherit multimillion-dollar estates (that's pretty much the only people who are arguably better off) so that's 100% false.

Just to add to what Jack said, which is obviously true, is that Hillary's policies were quite friendly to the majority of the country. Paid family leave, college paid for by raising top tax rates on capital gains, much needed progress on healthcare, union friendly policies, etc.. Hillary's policies help middle class folks which also helps top earners. Trump supports policies that benefit top earners which they hope trickle down to middle class folks, which we know through multiple real world "experiments" doesn't work.

It's fine to be a principled conservative but to frame Republicans as the party for the everyday man just makes you look silly and/or partisan.

The majority of the country aren't rich investors or set to inherit multimillion-dollar estates (that's pretty much the only people who are arguably better off) so that's 100% false.

And that's only one issue of many. Also it looks like I will be getting more back on taxes .

And all the social bull shit that Hillary wanted to double down on. Then there is all the court appointments she would have made. So yea we would have gone in the wrong direction.

Just to add to what Jack said, which is obviously true, is that Hillary's policies were quite friendly to the majority of the country. Paid family leave, college paid for by raising top tax rates on capital gains, much needed progress on healthcare, union friendly policies, etc.. Hillary's policies help middle class folks which also helps top earners. Trump supports policies that benefit top earners which they hope trickle down to middle class folks, which we know through multiple real world "experiments" doesn't work.

It's fine to be a principled conservative but to frame Republicans as the party for the everyday man just makes you look silly and/or partisan.

There is some argument with this if he creates more jobs and people get to keep more of their money. And like I said this is just one issue.

And that's only one issue of many. Also it looks like I will be getting more back on taxes .

And all the social bull shit that Hillary wanted to double down on. Then there is all the court appointments she would have made. So yea we would have gone in the wrong direction.

This is why it is very difficult for honest, non-partisan people like myself.

I don’t like trump as president at all, mainly based on leadership principles. Hillary is undoubtedly a better leader and a more honest, brave, tougher minded person. But I do think what you’re saying about her social stances is true and another 4-8 years of unbounded modern progressivism would not be good for a country that is almost evenly split when it comes to social beliefs.

This is one of those times that I really think we can’t know the extent of how good/bad it was having trump in as president until far down the road when we can see more of the effects of his time in office, both socially and politically.

Yeah, the GOP doesn't even have a plan to do anything for the average American, and the platform is fundamentally a con rather than just an expression of different values. On the level of someone like Paul Ryan, I think it really is the case that he thinks progressive taxation is morally wrong so it is a matter of values, but that isn't how the "reform" was sold; it was sold as something that would supercharge growth and that was a cut for the middle class, which are both knowingly false claims. Likewise, Trump didn't claim that higher uninsurance rates and higher costs for healthcare were an acceptable price to pay to prevent the scourge of progressive taxation; he said he was going to have a plan that did the same thing the left wants to do but better, which was always a lie rather than a different idea about policy. That's why it's one thing to have been suckered in before the election, but at this point, it's clear that Trump was running a con.

"The social stuff she wanted to double down on"? What does that even mean? You're taking white-nationalist CTs as like her platform. I doubt you even read it or watched any of her speeches. It's just blind partisanship here, no?

He's the greatest since Lincoln.

But people better tighten their britches because unless there's a deep societal turnaround, the Demlash will be devastating to the US.

So basically, we better be turning back to God and good sense as Trump is attempting to do, or look out because hell cometh.

Why not go even further and turn back to ALL the Gods? They had their $#it together for quite a while.

Yeah, the GOP doesn't even have a plan to do anything for the average American, and the platform is fundamentally a con rather than just an expression of different values. On the level of someone like Paul Ryan, I think it really is the case that he thinks progressive taxation is morally wrong so it is a matter of values, but that isn't how the "reform" was sold; it was sold as something that would supercharge growth and that was a cut for the middle class, which are both knowingly false claims. Likewise, Trump didn't claim that higher uninsurance rates and higher costs for healthcare were an acceptable price to pay to prevent the scourge of progressive taxation; he said he was going to have a plan that did the same thing the left wants to do but better, which was always a lie rather than a different idea about policy. That's why it's one thing to have been suckered in before the election, but at this point, it's clear that Trump was running a con.

"The social stuff she wanted to double down on"? What does that even mean? You're taking white-nationalist CTs as like her platform. I doubt you even read it or watched any of her speeches. It's just blind partisanship here, no?

I read the platform and read her plenty of her speeches.

I also saw the people she surrounded herself with.

She was going to push even more left the Obama on social issues and constitual issues.

You have always had your head up her skirt.

Trump was not who I wanted but I'll take him over her any day.

I read the platform and read her plenty of her speeches.

I also saw the people she surrounded herself with.

She was going to push even more left the Obama on social issues and constitual issues.

You have always had your head up her skirt.

Trump was not who I wanted but I'll take him over her any day.

I understand that you're putting partisanship over country and decency. I don't know what you mean by "even more left than Obama on social issues and constitutional issues." What policies are you referring to? I think it's obvious that you're trying to dance around something. I want to see it spelled out, though.

I've never met a trump voter IRL that has regrets

that only exists among smug people looking for attention and the internet

Born in 1970, Boston, raised in Queens from same year (?) until 1989. Then I moved around the country, mostly the east coast, until settling here in MI in 2004.

But you could have waited for the autobiography

This post is more than that gossiper deserved.

Back