"I didn't have any desire to fight hard I just showed up" - Rory

So Rory is saying he scammed fans and Bellator before the fight since he asked and pushed for this and wasn't training and fighting to win. He's really making it hard for me to support him saying shit like this.

So Rory is saying he scammed fans and Bellator before the fight since he asked and pushed for this and wasn't training and fighting to win. He's really making it hard for me to support him saying shit like this.
He didn't "scam" shit. Sometimes athletes have a bad night, sometimes they aren't as ready as the possibly could be. Very often, actually. If you watch other sports you know inconsistency is pretty common in sports.

It was pretty obvious on fight night Rory wasn't ready to do whatever he was gonna have to do to make a competitive fight. I feel like on some level he just realized it was a bad match up and he was gonna get his ass kicked. He did say here he was lying to himself. I'm interested in seeing what he does in the GP tournament.

He didn't "scam" shit. Sometimes athletes have a bad night, sometimes they aren't as ready as the possibly could be. Very often, actually. If you watch other sports you know inconsistency is pretty common in sports.

It was pretty obvious on fight night Rory wasn't ready to do whatever he was gonna have to do to make a competitive fight. I feel like on some level he just realized it was a bad match up and he was gonna get his ass kicked. He did say here he was lying to himself. I'm interested in seeing what he does in the GP tournament.
It's 100% a scam rory sold this fight on HIS DESIRE to be a two weight champion and make bellator history. Scott publicly said he didn't want to book this and Rory's fire to compete made it happen.

What you're saying is bullshit according to Rory here "in training I had no desire to fight" "I had no fire to win" "I was just comfortable making money" Rory sold everyone WOLF TICKETS for an eazy payday without risking his belt. He wasn't "having an off night" he admits he basically threw the fight after begging for it.

It's 100% a scam rory sold this fight on HIS DESIRE to be a two weight champion and make bellator history. Scott publicly said he didn't want to book this and Rory's fire to compete made it happen.

What you're saying is bullshit according to Rory here "in training I had no desire to fight" "I had no fire to win" "I was just comfortable making money" Rory sold everyone WOLF TICKETS for an eazy payday without risking his belt. He wasn't "having an off night" he admits he basically threw the fight after begging for it.
It's shit like this that winner takes all format should be standard.

Everyone has a game plan til they get hit... His desire to fight went out the window when he realized Gegard was going to destroy him.

Damn listen to this stuff. Rory being completely honest.

- Was in his comfort zone most time of the camp.
- He knew he was gonna lose after r1.
- Didn't have any fire inside him before the fight
- Says he needed an ass whopping to wake up
- Making good money now
- Wants Fitch next

thanks Rory, we bought tickets because you talked a good game but then you fought like a bush league bum

why take the fight at all if he wasn't motivated for it? so easy to say after he got whupped, but he was confident of becoming a 2 division champ beforehand.

I hate when fighters use this BS excuse. So why should I tune in to your next fight? If you don't care why should we? He could have just said something like "weight classes exist for a reason". Instead he comes with this crap that is disrespectful to his opponent and to the fans.

I hate when fighters use this BS excuse. So why should I tune in to your next fight? If you don't care why should we? He could have just said something like "weight classes exist for a reason". Instead he comes with this crap that is disrespectful to his opponent and to the fans.
I'm done supporting him and won't be buying the Fitch/Macdonald PPV either

Rory is not a great fighter moose is. He was gonna get beat, but dont sign the damned fight if u are just there for a payday. Thats not fair to the fans at all. Maybe restructure the pay by winner getting far more than loser. Make it worth it to give ur all. As of now u get money to get in the cage. Baroni in the bare knuckle thing... U could tell it was bs and he wasnt there to fight. People waste thier money and time to watch a fight where a guy is there just to lose and get paid is sad and disrespectful to the people who actually pay thier cash. Fuck rory, hez a bitch, hope he gets his nose pushed in every time he gets in the cage.

Rory is not a great fighter moose is. He was gonna get beat, but dont sign the damned fight if u are just there for a payday. Thats not fair to the fans at all. Maybe restructure the pay by winner getting far more than loser. Make it worth it to give ur all. As of now u get money to get in the cage. Baroni in the bare knuckle thing... U could tell it was bs and he wasnt there to fight. People waste thier money and time to watch a fight where a guy is there just to lose and get paid is sad and disrespectful to the people who actually pay thier cash. Fuck rory, hez a bitch, hope he gets his nose pushed in every time he gets in the cage.
I actually hope Fitch fitches him for the full 5 rounds

or 3 rounds? they said the WW belt would be on the line even for tournament fights, but seems a bit unfair to the others if they make it 5.

Weak from Rory smh. Lima will finish what he started in the rematch.

Didn't have any desire to become a 2 division champ and get a win over one of the greatest MW in the world? What does Rory take us for?

I actually hope Fitch fitches him for the full 5 rounds

or 3 rounds? they said the WW belt would be on the line even for tournament fights, but seems a bit unfair to the others if they make it 5.
Everyone is fighting 5 rounds every fight.

It wouldn't matter how Rory felt coming into the fight Mousasi was going to kick his ass regardless. Mousasi is better than Rory everywhere other than maybe wrestling and Weidman had trouble getting takedowns after a round. Mousasi has better striking than Rory, he has better sub grappling than Rory, he hits harder than Rory and his finishing ability is better than Rory's. It's sad to hear this kind of bullshit excuse from Rory.

Also has a lot more durability(chin and skin toughness) and heart. Killer instinct too.

Rory never should have called Gegard out. He should have talked about that.

Back