I did not see that coming

If it doesn’t mean anything then it didn’t mean anything that Rumble knocked him out because Bader is arguably(with Glover, Gus and Phil) Johnson’s best win. So what was ever the big deal about Rumble by this logic?
Lol you’re right - it didn’t. He made the easiest fight in the division look like the easiest fight in the division.

Bader has always been a big guy when fighting LHWs. However, I scratch my head that he didn't stay at heavyweight where he is not slower than his opponents.

I saw it coming a mile away before the fight started... as soon as I saw that his family was “that’s my still my boying” him over Skype before the fight even began... those of us who know better knew that Ryan bader was fucked right there

Baders Chin at 205 has always been suspect. Also, its hard to move up to HW, stay there for 2 years to fight at 230lbs, before making the cut to 205. He probably wont admit it but it was probably his hardest Cut, and bad weight cuts are shown to have negative impacts on ones chin. Also, he's 37 years old and Vadims only 28 so he's hungrier and obviously wanted revenge for Fedor. Its ironic Baders greatest moment in his career could come back to haunt him with Fedor's prodigies, Vadim and Moldavesky maybe being the ones to take his belts. It looks like Moldavesky will probably get the next HW title shot (that or a rematch with Kongo). If it is Moldavsky, how do sherdoggers see a Bader vs Molavesky fight at HW?
Moldavsky didn't look great against Nelson. Bader should make HW his permanent weight class and rule it for s little while longer.

Baders Chin at 205 has always been suspect. Also, its hard to move up to HW, stay there for 2 years to fight at 230lbs, before making the cut to 205. He probably wont admit it but it was probably his hardest Cut, and bad weight cuts are shown to have negative impacts on ones chin. Also, he's 37 years old and Vadims only 28 so he's hungrier and obviously wanted revenge for Fedor. Its ironic Baders greatest moment in his career could come back to haunt him with Fedor's prodigies, Vadim and Moldavesky maybe being the ones to take his belts. It looks like Moldavesky will probably get the next HW title shot (that or a rematch with Kongo). If it is Moldavsky, how do sherdoggers see a Bader vs Molavesky fight at HW?
Moldavsky isnt super athletic and doesnt have the striking threat that the other Team Fedor guys have. I think Bader can shoot for takedowns without the fear of being wrecked like he did vs Nemkov. I would favor Bader at this point of their careers.

Agreed. This guy needs to get to the UFC asap. Extremely confident when he knows he's the better striker, but that could change against a Reyes or Oedzimer.

He doesn't need to go to the ufc. He is already beating top guys. Maybe Dana should have thought ahead before trying to screw over Fedor all the time, now he has lost access to his great team members as well. Screw him.

Why does he need to go to the UFC asap?

So he could actually prove himself against the true A-league and truly surpass his mentors' legacy. Or maybe he can stay in Bellator and have Ryan Bader be the highlight of his career?

So he could actually prove himself against the true A-league and truly surpass his mentors' legacy. Or maybe he can stay in Bellator and have Ryan Bader be the highlight of his career?

The UFC LHW division is a bunch of 37+ year old guys. Bellator has half of the LHW top 10...and have the #1 guy. Nemkov doesn't care about proving anything to brainwashed dana boys like you.

Why does he need to go to the UFC asap?

He's already beaten Bader and Davis in Bellator, I would assume they give him Corey Anderson next, but after that I dunno what's left for him in Bellator. I don't think Polizzi is ready yet and I don't think potential matchups with old Machida or Anglickas are very interesting really.

Maybe Moose could move to LHW, I'd be interested in that fight. I suppose he could also avenge the Albrektsson defeat from years ago, but Karl needs to get some wins first.

But in the UFC I'd love to see him against any of Reyes, Santos, Blachowicz, Ankalaev, Rakic, Prochazka, Volkan, Rumble or Glover.

Who are these "true A-league" fighters you speak of? Anthony Smith? Thiago Santos? Glover Teixeira? Honestly, a victory over Ryan Bader and Phil Davis is just as valuable as beating any of them.
Not every good fighter needs to or wants to fight in the UFC, some rather make money. Plus, competition is good for the sport and for the fighters.

He's already beaten Bader and Davis in Bellator, I would assume they give him Corey Anderson next, but after that I dunno what's left for him in Bellator. I don't think Polizzi is ready yet and I don't think potential matchups with old Machida or Anglickas are very interesting really.

Maybe Moose could move to LHW, I'd be interested in that fight. I suppose he could also avenge the Albrektsson defeat from years ago, but Karl needs to get some wins first.

But in the UFC I'd love to see him against any of Reyes, Santos, Blachowicz, Ankalaev, Rakic, Prochazka, Volkan, Rumble or Glover.
Im assuming the Davis rematch and Corey Anderson is what he has left in the division at the moment. Alberktsson, Polizzi, and Anglikas arent ready yet but perhaps in a few years.
And yes, all those would be interesting fights for him in the UFC but I dont think Nemkov needs to go anywhere to prove anything.

Im assuming the Davis rematch and Corey Anderson is what he has left in the division at the moment. Alberktsson, Polizzi, and Anglikas arent ready yet but perhaps in a few years.
And yes, all those would be interesting fights for him in the UFC but I dont think Nemkov needs to go anywhere to prove anything.

I think if he wants to prove he's the best in the world he needs to go to the UFC. That's just the way it is imo, they have more elite fighters than all the other organisations put together (except for at womens featherweight and maybe mens flyweight)

205 is a pretty dog-shit division in general, but I enjoying seeing some young guys with actually skills coming up.

In case you missed it (Rizin showcasing future stars, as someone said above)

I think if he wants to prove he's the best in the world he needs to go to the UFC. That's just the way it is imo, they have more elite fighters than all the other organisations put together (except for at womens featherweight and maybe mens flyweight)
No doubt the UFC is the premier organization by a long shot. However, it is not necessary to go to the UFC to be successful, and fighters dont need to prove anything to anyone, they are prize-fighters and go where the money is.

No doubt the UFC is the premier organization by a long shot. However, it is not necessary to go to the UFC to be successful, and fighters dont need to prove anything to anyone, they are prize-fighters and go where the money is.

Well no, they don't need to, but if they want to prove themselves as the best in the world then the UFC is the place to do it.

It's not for me to say whether they should value legacy over money or not.

Well no, they don't need to, but if they want to prove themselves as the best in the world then the UFC is the place to do it.

It's not for me to say whether they should value legacy over money or not.
Are you saying UFC is the olympics of MMA? Because I call bull on that one.
Fedor never fought in UFC and most fighters admit that he is the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time (in his prime that is).
If nothing else, this confirms that you do not need to be in the UFC to cement your legacy as MMA fighter. If UFC wants to be the olympics of MMA, it shouldn't create contracts which preclude fighters from fighting anywhere other than UFC. Bellator allows fighters to fight elsewhere. It allows fighters to come in and walk away without sending a thousand lawyers after them trying to bankrupt them to poverty. Basically, UFC is utter crap.
Still, if UFC offered me a contract to fight for them and get paid 3 times more than any other organization, I'd sign up for them - fuck the principles, I'll work for the dictator, if it makes me rich and keeps me healthy. But.... if UFC actually pays less than other organizations, I wouldn't even consider it - nor should any other fighter with any brain cells intact.

Are you saying UFC is the olympics of MMA? Because I call bull on that one.
Fedor never fought in UFC and most fighters admit that he is the greatest heavyweight fighter of all time (in his prime that is).
If nothing else, this confirms that you do not need to be in the UFC to cement your legacy as MMA fighter. If UFC wants to be the olympics of MMA, it shouldn't create contracts which preclude fighters from fighting anywhere other than UFC. Bellator allows fighters to fight elsewhere. It allows fighters to come in and walk away without sending a thousand lawyers after them trying to bankrupt them to poverty. Basically, UFC is utter crap.
Still, if UFC offered me a contract to fight for them and get paid 3 times more than any other organization, I'd sign up for them - fuck the principles, I'll work for the dictator, if it makes me rich and keeps me healthy. But.... if UFC actually pays less than other organizations, I wouldn't even consider it - nor should any other fighter with any brain cells intact.

PRIDE was the only other organisation you could build a legacy comparable to that of a UFC champion, but it's been dead for over a decade now.

Unfortunately I think fighters like Lima and Pitbull will be forgotten by all but hardcores in 10 years.

Back