I cared more about UFC fight night 81 than I do about the superbowl today

As a Brit, I do enjoy the Superbowl when it comes around and do try to catch the UK games when they happen. I don't really follow any team in particular and due to timezones it can be a bit awkward to actually catch the games for the most part.

That said my social group doesn't really pay much attention to it, so it's usually just me watching it. Can usually get a couple for the live games just for the spectacle however.

A lot of my sport watching is generally stuff on in the background, apart from most UFC events and certain Football (soccer for you foreign scum) matches.

I don't think I've ever met someone that wasn't a fan of sports. Don't think I want to tbh. I'd imagine people that don't like sports ate at the cafeteria everyday in high school and played magic cards.

Surely you must have met the highly vocal no sports guy?

They will very openly whinge that people are discussing sports, or whinge on Facebook that the season is starting again, or whinge that Eastenders has been moved to a different channel because of the World Cup Final.

They truly are terrible people.

The Super Bowl is amazing. People like yourself who don't even like football tune in. People whose team didn't even make the playoffs are gonna watch. It's bigger than jesus

this year i've started watching NFL and NHL where i used to only watch UFC (and occasionally bellator and strikeforce and pride when they were around) and boxing. i'm definitely enjoying all of it and i'm glad to have some diversity in the sports i watch. Some of my friends dislike NFL seeing as they see rugby league as the better sport having grown up with it, but the thing is they never even gave it a chance and never tried to understand the game, not that i have a great understanding of either sports. People that don't appreciate athletic ability or are kind of elitist about the sports they watch are kinda strange to me but hey we all have our preferences and i hope you enjoy whatever it is you prefer to watch.

Back