I cared more about UFC fight night 81 than I do about the superbowl today

Darragh

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Fight Night 82. Fucking typo.

I just don't care about any sports outside of mixed martial arts. Football seems incredibly stupid to me. I will be going to a Superbowl party later today because I'm not an anti social dick, but I could really give a shit. And I know that by comparison, a relatively minor event for the the UFC, Hendricks vs Wonderboy, had me out of me seat going insane in a way that Cam Newton never will.

Is this a thing with others here, or is there something wrong with me? Is anyone else autistic for fighting like myself? Or are there sports out there besides MMA that you are able to get as riled up for? For myself, I haven't found anything since watching Jordan and Tyson in the 80s/90s.

If its not FC Barcelona playing I also care more about MMA than football.
Never gave a f... about egghand superbowl or whatever.

I like and watch plenty of sports. NFL is not one of them however.

I really enjoy the World Cup....other than that it's just MMA for me. Could never get into football. Although I did watch "Friday Night Tykes" on Netflix because the coaches acted like the 9 year olds were pro NFL players. Was interesting...

The kid in school who was 'taking taekwondo' was usually a loser/loner who couldn't or wouldn't play team sports. But there's nothing wrong with it. Don't worry about what other people think.

I don't know what superbowl is but I'm korean girl, we prefer mma over american sports no one care about outside usa

Since i started making the food for my friends superbowl, it's been cool, lately even the wifes join in, so it ends up that my food gets eaten by the wifes and the men are regulated back to just pizza and wings. Tonight it's chicken satay w/ peanut sauce and boudin balls.

not a huge Super Bowl fan (I'll have it on in the background and be in and out), but I am definitly more excited for it than I was the UFC card last night.

So did I. Nothing wrong with that.

In fact, a couple of my friends who are football fans aren't even excited for this super bowl.

Everyone has different tastes, nothing wrong with that.

That said I didn't give a shit about those fights last night because Cam has to bring it on home tonight.

Normally I'm more excited for the Super Bowl weekend UFC card but not this year.

MMA is my favorite sport.
Boxing, Muay Thai and Kickboxing, grappling tournaments trailing in second

As far as ball sports go...I'm hispanic but can't stand Baseball. I enjoy watching basketball (not religiously, just the top the teams), the SuperBowl.

I have to say that the World Cup drastically changed my perspective on Soccer....it's super fun to watch

Not into football because I am not American, but I watch the odd game. Sure going to watch the super bowel.

I pretty much like to watch all sports.

i prefer MMA over football, (both in my time competing and time watching), but the superbowl is WAY bigger and more meaningful than a fs1 fightnight. i wouldnt have been gutted to miss ufc but youd have to kill me if you wanted me to miss cam shitting all over chicken parm pey pey today

I don't always watch sports, but when I do, I prefer MMA, stay violent my friends.

I do like Worlds Strongest Man Competition as well tho

american football has one of the highest learning curves in order to actually understand whats going on besides how far they carried the ball. i would not be surprised if foreigners hated it after watching a game or two, it is like asking someone off the street to watch saku vs newton and expect them to enjoy it

but there is a reason that the NFL is the biggest sports league in america. once you understand it, it is a fantastic mixture of chess and brutality. i would expect more MMA fans to understand it after years of people saying there is nothing to MMA other than guys "throwing haymakers and rolling around like homos"

even jose aldo got converted to it once someone explained it to him, and says he prefers most nfl games over soccer matches (mostly complaining about flopping but still, dude is a soccer fanatic)

Considering you're on a forum dedicated to MMA, I doubt you're the only one.

I don't think I've ever met someone that wasn't a fan of sports. Don't think I want to tbh. I'd imagine people that don't like sports ate at the cafeteria everyday in high school and played magic cards.

Back