I can't imagine a UFC card headlined by strawweight women

011_Joanne_Calderwood.jpg

correct! jo jo in glasgow this summer!!! :cool:

I mean if u think that's attractive I'd say u all have low standards tbh. nasty bro

Given the way you're conducting yourself here, I'm not sure you're in any place to be lecturing people about standards... bro.

would a ppv do 5k? I cant imagine anyone other than family friends and hometown paying foe that chit.

I bet that if the Pettis/RDA fight falls through and the girls get bumped up to the main event of UFC 185, and the rest of the card remains exactly as is - it would beat UFC 174 (the current standard for shitty PPV sales) comfortably.

Is broad is ugly as hell with a quiet ass little whimp voice.. why are dudes on sherdog all over her?

Hmmm, why do some people like stuff yet I don't like the same stuff? Why? Because people's tastes in stuff are different than yours, maybe?

Anyone who knows anything about the sports business would agree with the author of this thread to a degree although it may sound too harsh or crass for some people.

You have to look at the viewer's demographic of MMA. We are looking at a huge majority of UFC viewers as close to 90% being MALE in the age of between 18~35.

With that fact and point being established, now we have to look at the stats of male sports fans. You look at any research done with male sports fans these studies will show that male sports fan generally only watches sports that male plays. There are sports like tennis where there are huge female superstars like the william's sisters or sharapova but how often do you see one of your male friends walking up to you and tells you "dude I have to watch serena william's tennis game tonight ". Not very often.

Any sports that involves female superstars has a huge female fan base as big as their counterpart male fanbase. MMA does not at this point have a high female fan base. It's just the way it is and how it has worked since the inception of sports business.

but this doesn't mean we should abandon female mma because that would be unfair for these female fighters with lot of talents and skills that chose this career path. Just in terms strategic business maneuver female championship can be headlined but needs to be backboned by other strong male match ups underneath it.

If you think Jojo is "ugly as hell," you haven't watched much WMMA.

Why do u say that? And Idk if she will but I sure as hell hope she does. She's probably the finest girl on the UFC roster.
Pin your hopes on Alexa Grasso if you want a pretty champ. PVZ will not even make it past Herrig.

Also WSW will be taking the mens flyweight approach for the next year or so...strawweight title fights headlining UFC on FOX cards to gain exposure for their champ and the division

then have them headline their own PPV where they are backed my a stellar lineup

I think 115 has more potential for stars than 135, since a 115 lb woman is much closer to Hollywood's beauty ideal. All we need is one who is charismatic, beautiful and dominant.

Pin your hopes on Alexa Grasso if you want a pretty champ. PVZ will not even make it past Herrig.

Well Paige is a lot of time left to develop, but it is ridiculous seeing people say stuff RIGHT NOW like 'she's one of the top fighters in that division.'

No she isn't.

I can see it. You just need a long time strawweight champ and a wanna be goat. A big feud with a lot of trash talking. Add some sexy ring boys, and that would do it.
tumblr_inline_mx40e2aKHi1r1yzfa.png

What is this obsession with instant stars? No duh 115lbs doesn't have a star fighter yet. Only a handful of them have two fights in the UFC as of right now. Give them a few years. There's plenty of potential for stars in the division.

When you consider her style as a physical fighter, the fact that she's only 20, the fact she only has 5 pro fights, and hasn't been a pro for more than 2 and a 1/2 (spent most of 2013-2014 without a fight mind you) it wouldn't be surprising to see her get beat by someone like Herrig who, while not technically sound, is an experienced vet with many years as a pro fighter under her belt and is ten years older than PVZ.

I can make a "war wagon" post about anyone and it'll get attention because of an upcoming fight

The Calderwood War Wagon thread that began in the Sherdog UFC forum, began nearly two weeks after her last fight, when there was no fight for her scheduled in the future (indeed, there still has not been the announcement of a scheduled fight), and yet is has grown well anyway, and continues to grow.

If Paige continues to well, she'll certainly headline a card and everyone will be salivating over her. Guaranteed.

This WMMA hate is ridiculous. A fight is a fight and a lot of times, the women fight way more passionate than the men.

I'd watch a women's Strawweight fight over any men's Flyweight fight any day of the week.

You'd watch Felice Herig/Paige Van Zant over Dodson/Benavidez?:icon_neut

moving on then ...

Back