Mane, Firmino, Salah
Banned
Reaction score
bj-diaz-4.gif

Rewatching this has me cracking up

34ziypj.gif

Beej held his own for a little bit though

LXNI.gif

Penn had just KO’d Hughes in the first round, we all still believed in Penn at the time.

He didn't do as bad in that fight as he would do later on, like in recent fights. That was about the time he needed to hang it up.; he would have a lot less CTE if he had given it up around then.

Penn had just KO’d Hughes in the first round, we all still believed in Penn at the time.
Well, I wouldn't overstate the case- that was past the time we were believing in him for the most part (except PB of course); he had slipped by then. Hughes was a shadow of his former self by the time BJ got that KO; it was a past-your-prime matchup.

BJ was a legitimate elite win at that point. He took Fitch to a draw that same year, when Fitch was on a 5 fight win streak and I believe ranked at #2.

Nick was probably the last guy to beat BJ and have it mean a whole lot though.

I was at this fight. Crowd was 50/50 mexicans and hawaiins. Lots of shit talking from fans after in the Mandalay lobby.

1st round was competitive but Nick put it on him the rest of the fight. That's when BJ should have retired.

Years later i was also at the zombie BJ/Frankie fight, and he's STILL fighting. :(

He won the first round

Honestly I think bj could've won that fight if his fight iq was better

He shoulda took Nick down again but felt content boxing with a guy that has 7 inches of reach on him.

Penn didn't do too bad though, even in the rounds where he was being punished he held his own. Caught Nick with a lot of shots.

Don't know what you're cracking up about TS. That was two OG's throwing down understanding that at the end of the day its just business

BJ-Penn-Nick-Diaz-UFC-137.png

I was at this fight. Crowd was 50/50 mexicans and hawaiins. Lots of shit talking from fans after in the Mandalay lobby.

1st round was competitive but Nick put it on him the rest of the fight. That's when BJ should have retired.

Years later i was also at the zombie BJ/Frankie fight, and he's STILL fighting. :(
This was right after the Fitch fight right? That was bjs last great performance. Took a Fitch down who had 20 pounds on him and handily schooled him for 2 rounds

BJ fought Rory after Nick as well.

People can say what they want about BJ, the man has balls of steel.

Bj still won the first round off that fight.

Last two rounds BJ won were against Siver and Diaz.

..off the top of my head.

Watched that fight at the bar. and at that time I was a big BJ fan. I was pretty damn upset.

This was number 1 contender fight for George?

"Old man BJ"

If that was old man BJ than current BJ is a fossil.

Back