I am quitting alchohol for at least a month....

I quit for 6 months a year ago, was fine. I gotta be motivated tho, booze has its hooks in me good.

I drank like a mofo last night. So much fun. But today I feel like ass and wish I hadn’t. Funny how that works.

TS, it sounds like you are an alcoholic.

If at any point you are craving the drink, even though all of your rational of mind says it's a bad idea, you know you have developed a problem. If any point, all you can think about is when you'll be able to drink again, you know you have developed a problem.

Edit: Shit I just saw that this is a necro.

before christmas i was drinking about 7-8 cans about 4-5 times a week, but i have drank a lot more the past month due to xmas/new year, i'll slow down now and go back to just having a 8 pack at an evening, not every night.
That’s a lot of calories.

I'm trying to recall the last time I had any alcohol. I think it was in July of 2018.

TS, it sounds like you are an alcoholic.

If at any point you are craving the drink, even though all of your rational of mind says it's a bad idea, you know you have developed a problem. If any point, all you can think about is when you'll be able to drink again, you know you have developed a problem.

Edit: Shit I just saw that this is a necro.
I am not sure what he originally wrote came close to him stating he was an alcoholic. In the original post, he stated that he doesn't drink during the week, but drank during the weekend. It was during the weekend that he was craving a beer.

That reads to me like drinking alcohol was habit forming (part of his weekend routine) rather than a a chemical addiction. After all, if he was an alcoholic, he would be craving a drink during the weekdays as well as the weekends.

FWIW; I stopped drinking a couple of years ago. I've saved money. Plus, I sleep a whole lot better. I no longer have to get up through the night to pee. I can sleep an entire night now.

Since I found out my partner is pregnant I’ve pretty much all but stopped drinking.

I used to drink a bottle of red a night but now I’m maybe having 1-2 beers a week.

When the baby arrives drinking will be but a distant memory in case of an emergency.

This is a guy who went 3 years without having a single night off an alcoholic beverage of some sort.

Not feeling any better on the back of it though.
Kind of weird that you bumped a 7 year old thread instead of started a new one

Depends how old you are. Quitting at 23 when you are in the club bar scene is very difficult. 40 years old when you get 3 day hangovers is all the motivation in the world.

Mostly because I am training for a BJJ tournament in February. However, it is not as easy as I thought. I don't drink during the week normally but on the weekends it's game on. However, this weekend I abstained and noticed that on Saturday night right around the time I usually start drinking I got a very strong urge to go get some beer. I mean I was coming up with every excuse in the book as to why it was no big deal (on top of beer I smoke when I drink so I am quitting the smokes too).

Anyways, I made it and I wanted to post something positive about not partaking. It's Monday morning and I feel great. I am well rested, hydrated and mentally focused and at times like these I wonder why I ever drink. I also got a lot done around the house this weekend including painting my front door and power washing 3/4s of the siding. Hell I even took the family for a nice little nature hike which my daughter and dog loved. I know this weekend will be another challenge so I want to start a thread about the positive sides of quitting. So what about it Mayberrians, if you ever quit alcohol in your life what upsides did you see in your life?

It's good to quit. It's also stupid.

It’s tough for a couple weeks. Then, once you get some momentum going, it’s easier. You stop craving alcohol because you realize just how much nicer it is to get a full night’s rest and wake up normal.

I am not sure what he originally wrote came close to him stating he was an alcoholic. In the original post, he stated that he doesn't drink during the week, but drank during the weekend. It was during the weekend that he was craving a beer.

That reads to me like drinking alcohol was habit forming (part of his weekend routine) rather than a a chemical addiction. After all, if he was an alcoholic, he would be craving a drink during the weekdays as well as the weekends.

FWIW; I stopped drinking a couple of years ago. I've saved money. Plus, I sleep a whole lot better. I no longer have to get up through the night to pee. I can sleep an entire night now.
But I can guarantee you that during parts of the week, he was excited for the weekend to be able to drink. Plus, he said "I don't drink during the week normally"... meaning that he DOES drink during the week and also the weekends.

3 years and 142 days sober. Before that I just drank maybe 3-4 times a year (when I had time off of work because I loved to go on mini benders when I drank).

Feel great but have had to cut out a lot of negative people in my life because they are just too caught up in their boozing and refuse to see how it is bringing them down and how they are when they are boozing (mostly miserable to others) and get mad when you try to reason with them.

Didn't read the posts here. But we should TS.

But I can't. I'm a fucking alcoholic with 3 duiis and a fuck you I do what I want 13 year old girl from Jerry Springer Attitude.

I've been drinking way too much lately. I'm gonna take today and tomorrow off but I have Xmas eve and Xmas stuff the following days so I will have some beers but I think I'll break again after that.

Back