I am quitting alchohol for at least a month....

You could stop drinking forever. It's incredibly EASY to do so.

Dude. Seriously? Stop trolling on the alcohol threads. Saying shit like that to anyone with addiction issues is just insulting and extraordinarily ignorant. (Not that the TS is an addict at all, but still...)

To the TS: Good on ya for getting healthy. Training and keeping busy should help. Check out the alcohol withdrawal thread if you're interested in more in-depth alcohol info.

They say you might have had a bit of a problem if you have to make a commitment to not drink for a month.

I drink when I feel like it (mostly in summertime) and I've gone without drinking for 5 months straight almost without noticing it. There's no need for a pledge like that and 1 month really doesn't achieve anything if you go back to heavy drinking after that.

LOL. This is your shtick now?

No one wants to hear about your non-drinking problem. I am sure your perfect in every way.

It's just a lifestyle change. If you are used to drinking every weekend, you have to fill your time with something else. Boredom is the killer for most.

It's just a lifestyle change. If you are used to drinking every weekend, you have to fill your time with something else. Boredom is the killer for most.

So now a lifestyle change is no big deal?

I'm glad you mentioned that. I usually get some mild depression on Sunday/Mondays too and this week nothing, I feel good. As for your buddy it sounds like he wants a drinking buddy more than anything else. I have had plenty of them, only about one I would call an actual friend in hindsight.

My buddy was really just brought up in that culture. Not to say he can't make up his own mind, but his grandpa was a heavy drinker and his dad is now. I mean, there's no doubt that they're alcoholics, but of the functioning type, I guess. I've known him nearly my whole life, and he's a good guy, but he definitely has a problem.

I puked my guts out on saturday night for the 3rd straight weekend. I'm sick of feeling like shit every sunday I never drink during the week but as soon as saturday night comes along if im going out im getting floor licking drunk. The weird thing is I dont even really like to drink I just drink cause everyone else is and there's nothing else to do. The only time I dont drink on weekends is when I just stay home but that shit gets boring. I wish I could stop as it seems kind of counter productive to train and eat healthy all week only to put my body through hell on saturday night and sunday morning.

A little defensive are we?

Nope, you were just incorrect in stating that a lifestyle is not a big deal. In some cases it could be no big deal, in others it can be a gigantic deal.

Nope, you were just incorrect in stating that a lifestyle is not a big deal. In some cases it could be no big deal, in others it can be a gigantic deal.

My post wasn't even trying to imply that a lifestyle change isn't a big deal. But since we are on the topic, I lol at a weekend drinker abstaining for a month as being a "big deal" as a lifestyle change.

My post wasn't even trying to imply that a lifestyle change isn't a big deal. But since we are on the topic, I lol at a weekend drinker abstaining for a month as being a "big deal" as a lifestyle change.

Good for you.

Since I found out my partner is pregnant I’ve pretty much all but stopped drinking.

I used to drink a bottle of red a night but now I’m maybe having 1-2 beers a week.

When the baby arrives drinking will be but a distant memory in case of an emergency.

This is a guy who went 3 years without having a single night off an alcoholic beverage of some sort.

Not feeling any better on the back of it though.

Since I found out my partner is pregnant I’ve pretty much all but stopped drinking.

I used to drink a bottle of red a night but now I’m maybe having 1-2 beers a week.

When the baby arrives drinking will be but a distant memory in case of an emergency.

This is a guy who went 3 years without having a single night off an alcoholic beverage of some sort.

Not feeling any better on the back of it though.

good for you although why the necro bump and not just a new topic ?

was still a weekend barfly when I got into MMA, feeling rough and hungover at a Sunday class changed my outlook, currently done 159 booze free months in a row

Back