J-Garden

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
...and I may be some time

Titus Oates, Polar Explorer

Here you go:

STUoatesT.JPG

Titus Oates was born in 1649. His father was a Anabaptist preacher who had been a New Model Army chaplain during the Civil War. Educated at Caius College, Cambridge, he became an Anglican minister but was dismissed after being charged with "drunken blasphemy". He then became a chaplain on a ship but was dismissed for committing an homosexual act.

In 1678 Titus Oates announced that he had discovered a Catholic plot to kill Charles II. Oates claimed that Charles was to be replaced by his Roman Catholic brother, James. He went on to argue that after James came to the throne Protestants would be massacred in their thousands.

This announcement made Catholics more unpopular than ever, and eighty of them were arrested and accused of taking part in the plot. Several were executed, including Oliver Plunkett, the Archbishop of Armagh, before it was revealed that Titus Oates had been lying.

In 1683 Oates was imprisoned and fined

Originally posted by DarkRainAngel
Here you go:

STUoatesT.JPG

Titus Oates was born in 1649. His father was a Anabaptist preacher who had been a New Model Army chaplain during the Civil War. Educated at Caius College, Cambridge, he became an Anglican minister but was dismissed after being charged with "drunken blasphemy". He then became a chaplain on a ship but was dismissed for committing an homosexual act.

In 1678 Titus Oates announced that he had discovered a Catholic plot to kill Charles II. Oates claimed that Charles was to be replaced by his Roman Catholic brother, James. He went on to argue that after James came to the throne Protestants would be massacred in their thousands.

This announcement made Catholics more unpopular than ever, and eighty of them were arrested and accused of taking part in the plot. Several were executed, including Oliver Plunkett, the Archbishop of Armagh, before it was revealed that Titus Oates had been lying.

In 1683 Oates was imprisoned and fined

On 17 March 1912, Lawrence 'Titus' Oates crawled bootless from a tent to his death in blizzard conditions on -10 Celcius. Oates, always an outsider on Scott's polar expedition, died on his thirty-second birthday. His parting words were: 'I am just going out and may be some time.' Oates was the epitome of the Victorian English gentleman, a public schoolboy who became a dashing cavalry officer and hero in the Boer War. Stationed in Ireland from 1902-06, his passion became horseracing and he won numerous victories at racecourses throughout Ireland. In 1910 he paid 1,000 pounds to join Scott's South Pole expedition.

Originally posted by J-Garden
On 17 March 1912, Lawrence 'Titus' Oates crawled bootless from a tent to his death in blizzard conditions on -10 Celcius. Oates, always an outsider on Scott's polar expedition, died on his thirty-second birthday. His parting words were: 'I am just going out and may be some time.' Oates was the epitome of the Victorian English gentleman, a public schoolboy who became a dashing cavalry officer and hero in the Boer War. Stationed in Ireland from 1902-06, his passion became horseracing and he won numerous victories at racecourses throughout Ireland. In 1910 he paid 1,000 pounds to join Scott's South Pole expedition.

I like this Titus Oates better :D

Originally posted by J-Garden

yeah and if he'd had the guts to do it a few days earlier he wouldnt have slowed them up and they could have survived. fucker !

jock are u gonna crawl thru aberdeen and starve urself to death?

Originally posted by HughesRage
lmfao
but y would care about Titus

He made a kind of Gracie train to the north pole and died. You know, the north pole is very nice hugues and you would have fun there with your friends.

Back